Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #61
nadesico81
Cosplay Anime Otaku

I have been trying to re size my new cosplay pics into 200x200. I am useing Irfan View. However useing the custom crop function has not worked. It keeps re sizeing the pics to 160x200. I have messed with it for a while but its not going well. Some help would be nice.

Total Military/Action Cosplayer

"When I become Führer all female officers will be required to where tiny mini skirts!" Roy Mustang FMA
nadesico81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #62
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Just so you know, your pics don't have to be 200 x 200, just your icons.

I'm not familar with that particular program, but for general advice, you don't need to crop the photo to 200x200. As long as you crop it into a square (same pixel height by pixel length - it can be 1024x1024 even) you can then go into the pixel adjustment and change it to 200 x 200. If its doing 200 x 160, I can only assume the image you're using has not been made square.

In fact, I do this even more simply by using MS Paint. Just open a paint document, and resize the document to 200x200. Then drag the photo onto it and save.

I hope that helps a bit - perhaps if someone who knows this program wants to throw their two cents in you might get a more precise answer.

2014 EVENTS: Katsucon, Anime Boston, PortCon Maine, Dragon*Con
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #63
Poke' Chan
AKA Poke'K

ok so now i have a gallery..YAY... but it wont let me add a costume...I've been trying for a week now (soo sad) Any tips on that?

next con: anime fest

not sure... probably should get on it

Poke' Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #64
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Hmm - what exactly have you tried and what goes wrong? Do your get an error message?

Unread 10-26-2007, 06:20 AM   #65
Adziu

Are the rules on copyright actually enforced in any way whatsoever?
Adziu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #66
BorgmanJayce
Ore Wa, Sanjou!

I'm having problems uploading certain pictures even though they're well less than 300KB in size as I keep getting the following message on some of them...

File 4 is too large of a source file. Please upload an image which is less than 300KB before the script will attempt to resize it down for you.
BorgmanJayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #67
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adziu View Post
Are the rules on copyright actually enforced in any way whatsoever?
In what way? Are you concerned about people uploading official artwork? Becasue if you see that, please report the photo using the report button so a moderator can take care of it.

Or, do you mean a user stealing someone else's photos? Either way, the mods don't catch everything, so it must be brought to their attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgmanJayce View Post
I'm having problems uploading certain pictures even though they're well less than 300KB in size as I keep getting the following message on some of them...

File 4 is too large of a source file. Please upload an image which is less than 300KB before the script will attempt to resize it down for you.
Are the photos 640 pixels or less on their longest end? That could get you that error message as well.

Unread 10-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #68
Satine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadesico81 View Post
I have been trying to re size my new cosplay pics into 200x200. I am useing Irfan View. However useing the custom crop function has not worked. It keeps re sizeing the pics to 160x200. I have messed with it for a while but its not going well. Some help would be nice.
I just played around and yes irfan is a little tricky for cropping, but this is how I managed to get a square crop:
Select "batch conversion" and "use advanced options" then click "advanced options". In there select "crop" then set the sizes you want (make sure resize is not checked). I would recommend first cropping to make the length and width the same, this crop will start from the top left corner but you can specify how many pixels down or to the right it starts. Say you have an image 330 high by 250 wide, set the crop to 250 wide and 250 high. And then after you have done that, resize to the actual dimensions you want.

I hope that helps.
Satine is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:24 AM   #69
BorgmanJayce
Ore Wa, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shiva* View Post
In what way? Are you concerned about people uploading official artwork? Becasue if you see that, please report the photo using the report button so a moderator can take care of it.

Or, do you mean a user stealing someone else's photos? Either way, the mods don't catch everything, so it must be brought to their attention.

Are the photos 640 pixels or less on their longest end? That could get you that error message as well.
All the photos that I was trying to upload were from a photo camera and I resized them into 640x480 format except the ones that were originally horizontal in which case they were 640 width...

It's just confusing as to how the upload system works as it seems to be totally random as to which pictures get uploaded and which don't even if they're all the same size and that...

EDIT: I've managed to upload the photos that wouldn't upload first time by just doing so without filling in any information in the informations sections which I can always do later... But now I have a new problem in that one picture which I uploaded of myself with 'Rikku' shows up fine in it's original position but the others that I converted into the same horizontal position don't... [One example being the one showing me snacking on a stick of Pocky!]

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1306812

Last edited by BorgmanJayce : 10-27-2007 at 05:05 AM.
BorgmanJayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #70
Poke' Chan
AKA Poke'K

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shiva* View Post
Hmm - what exactly have you tried and what goes wrong? Do your get an error message?
Ok so this is my error message

Database Error Database error
The Cosplay.com database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the forums.cosplay.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The forums.cosplay.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

IDk... Its been doing this everytime

next con: anime fest

not sure... probably should get on it

Poke' Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #71
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgmanJayce View Post
It's just confusing as to how the upload system works as it seems to be totally random as to which pictures get uploaded and which don't even if they're all the same size and that...

EDIT: I've managed to upload the photos that wouldn't upload first time by just doing so without filling in any information in the informations sections which I can always do later... But now I have a new problem in that one picture which I uploaded of myself with 'Rikku' shows up fine in it's original position but the others that I converted into the same horizontal position don't... [One example being the one showing me snacking on a stick of Pocky!]

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1306812
That is really odd - I've never encountered that problem with the uploader. Sometimes my photo program does not save the pictures in the correct orientation - could that be it? Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

Unread 10-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #72
Cellano
~Celleno~ Endless Dreams

a quick question: can you edit the description of the picture you uploaded in a gallery after you posted it?
Cellano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #73
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Yes - while viewing your photo, there is an "edit photo" button - click that to edit any information, description, or even replace the image without losing views/comments.

@ Poke Chan ~ that error might be something for a mod - try PM'ing one of them.

Unread 10-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #74
Cellano
~Celleno~ Endless Dreams

thank you! I guess I wasn't looking hard enough
Cellano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #75
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

No problem!