Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 10-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
Vanilla H.

Looking for One Piece Cosplayers for CP9 group

This would either be for Anime Boston or Otakon... not sure.

I like Otakon a helluva lot better than AB, but AB is closer and I am impatient. AB is also cheaper. >_>

I've been a few different forms of Lucci, but I'm actually going to be Jyabura. Because I've decided I like him an awful lot- and I'll have a Spandam. There- two undesirable cosplays outta the way! Let's get some of the pretty characters, like Lucci, Kaku, Kalifa etc... I don't expect we'll have a Kumadori or a Fukurou, but one can hope.

Any takers? I'm gonna be doing a lot of heavy prop work for this... like a golden Den Den Mushi for Spandam and maybe a stuffed Funkfried. XD

Ideally I would like to do more than just plain ol' CP9- an entire Water 7/Enies Lobby arc cosplay would be splendid. Still, having the entire CP9 cast walking around with their chief, would be too cool. *starry eyed*

Last edited by Vanilla H. : 10-17-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Unread 10-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
Grey Finch
Finch

Aw man, that would be so cool! @_@ I would totally volunteer as Lucci and drag my Kaku-friend along (once we get her costume together) but we live way too far for either of those cons... D:

Man, I miss out on everything. T_T

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013

Deviantart : Website
Grey Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
Vanilla H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Finch
Aw man, that would be so cool! @_@ I would totally volunteer as Lucci and drag my Kaku-friend along (once we get her costume together) but we live way too far for either of those cons... D:

Man, I miss out on everything. T_T
Awwww...

Well, hell, maybe you'll come into a great deal of money between now and then, and will miraculously be able to attend... >_>
Unread 10-18-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
Straw Hat Wally
COSPLAYOLOGY?!

Well, I've got too much on my plate to make a CP9 costume from scratch... BUT I was planning already on tweaking my Usopp costume and turning it into a Sogeking. This would be for Otakon only, though, since I definitely can't make it to AB.

I even bring my own Kabuto =)
Unread 10-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Grey Finch
Finch

Yeah, there's always that XD The thing is, with SD Comic-Con being so close to Otakon date wise (I think there's four days in between?), it'd be hard to catch both of those... but you know I'm gonna try anyway! :D

If I do manage to work it in, I'll try my best to drag a Kaku, Blueno, and Kalifa with me. <3 Here's to hoping!

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013

Unread 10-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
Vanilla H.

Quote:
Yeah, there's always that XD The thing is, with SD Comic-Con being so close to Otakon date wise (I think there's four days in between?), it'd be hard to catch both of those... but you know I'm gonna try anyway!

If I do manage to work it in, I'll try my best to drag a Kaku, Blueno, and Kalifa with me. <3 Here's to hoping!
Hey, it's kinda creepy [what with the not knowing eachother]... but if you guys end up coming to Anime Boston you could stay at my house. Would save you so damn much money it's insane. MADNESS. @_@

And there's always room for a Sogeking, Straw Hat Wally. Always.

But anyway.. if this ends up being an Otakon thing it'll give me more time to figure out moustache technicalities...

Oh- and your Lucci costume makes me want to jump you- er... beat you in a fight. You damn cat. *shakes fist*

Last edited by Vanilla H. : 10-18-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Unread 10-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
Grey Finch
Finch

What time of year is Anime Boston usually? As long as it isn't around June or July, because we're trying to struggle three cons in at once and it's very difficult x_x I think I might just suffocate myself instead. But that's not nearly as fun. XD I bet that would save a lot of money! If we got to know each other (so it wouldn't be creepy XD) I'd go for it.

Thank you!-- I mean, you mutt, you could never beat me in a fight. :P

I'm so gonna fail at being in character as Lucci. There's just no way I could keep up the seriousness.

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013

Unread 10-18-2006, 08:45 PM   #8
Vanilla H.

Quote:
What time of year is Anime Boston usually? As long as it isn't around June or July, because we're trying to struggle three cons in at once and it's very difficult x_x I think I might just suffocate myself instead. But that's not nearly as fun. XD I bet that would save a lot of money! If we got to know each other (so it wouldn't be creepy XD) I'd go for it.

Thank you!-- I mean, you mutt, you could never beat me in a fight. :P

I'm so gonna fail at being in character as Lucci. There's just no way I could keep up the seriousness.
I know what you mean. I'm going as him for this halloween contest in Boston, and there's a picnic thing before hand... which I'll be young!Franky for. Because I can't be Lucci for eight hours, I'm too damn loud.

Anyway... I believe it's in April this year. Hold on. *checks*

Yeah, April 20-22. We live like... two minutes outside Boston. Last year we stayed in the con hotel only because a nutz friend of mine paid for it. It was actually a little more stressful because when costume things went wrong, we only had our hotel room to emergency it up in.

And I think you'll get along with us real well. Looking at your cosplay line-up, you have all of my favorite characters listed. My Spandam [what a weird thing to write... >_>] is Rufus ShinRa's biggest fan.

Would you seriously bring a Blueno? That'd be so rad. >_<;; We have a goofy friend whom we could probably stick in a Kumadori costume [provided I make it for him...] but Fukurou is probably a no-go. Unless we like... painted a balloon. And made it annoying.

Last edited by Vanilla H. : 10-18-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Unread 10-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #9
Grey Finch
Finch

Yeah, since I'll still be in school during April and dealing with graduation stuff it'd be hard to make it to AB T_T I hate being so far from all these cons. Aah, lucky! My friend and I have nothing to do for Halloween, and we don't know any cosplayers locally. It sucks >_>

Really? Awesome XD having favorite characters in common is always a plus. I might be able to convince my friend (who's tall and Russian and so wouldn't be able to keep a straight face with bull horns on) to come with us, if we can get him a costume and blackmail him into leaving his computer for three days XD I promise if we plan to go to Otakon I'll try and drag him along. And... that would be so awesome. Getting one of those big balloons and just painting it to look like him! xD

Man, now I'm all excited! :D

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013

Last edited by Grey Finch : 10-18-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Unread 10-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #10
Vanilla H.

Quote:
Yeah, since I'll still be in school during April and dealing with graduation stuff it'd be hard to make it to AB T_T I hate being so far from all these cons. Aah, lucky! My friend and I have nothing to do for Halloween, and we don't know any cosplayers locally. It sucks >_>

Really? Awesome XD having favorite characters in common is always a plus. I might be able to convince my friend (who's tall and Russian and so wouldn't be able to keep a straight face with bull horns on) to come with us, if we can get him a costume and blackmail him into leaving his computer for three days XD I promise if we plan to go to Otakon I'll try and drag him along.

Man, now I'm all excited!
All right, we should definitely shoot for Otakon then... Even if you guys don't end up going.. though you should. It's a really good convention. Seriously. *is serious* I like to have things planned way ahead of time anyway... Like I'm starting on my Jyabs costume pronto. Lotta duct tape and spirit gum and silly sunglasses... Don't even get me started on Spandam's bondage mask. Teh freak.

And if your Blueno pulls out, I also have a huge tall friend who is so incredibly deadpan and serious that we /may/ not have to dress him up. I think if he just stood near us, people would /assume/ you know? He may be a longshot though... I'm really determined to get that Kumadori now. Mostly because I will /so/ enjoy putting that outfit together.

And if you guys went as Galley-La for part of it, Spandam doubles as Paulie and Iceburg, and I have /many/ Franky outfits. We're a little obsessive OP wise, especially with the most recent arc-age.

Ah. That's it. *blink*
Unread 10-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #11
Grey Finch
Finch

Hmm, you know what else would be awesome about having a Fukurou-balloon? We could punch it at random intervals and it would still be in character! XD That would be fun.

Yeah, I've wanted to go to Otakon for I think three years now, so hopefully we can work something out! I'm thinking of guilt tripping my parents into it because everyone else is going to Europe for their graduation summer, so I can go to three cons in one month instead! @_@ I'll be dead by the end of July, but it'll be a good kind of dead. Does that make sense?

I'll try and keep you posted status-wise on what's going on, and if I can get everyone to go along with it (sometimes I feel like I'm forcing it on them, they aren't that familiar with One Piece in the first place except for our Kalifa). That would be so awesome to have a Blueno.

Oooh, Galley-La version would be awesome too! Considering it'd get awful hot in those black suits >> but either one would be equally cool. Don't worry, I'm very OP obsessed too :D it's always on my mind.

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013

Unread 10-18-2006, 09:56 PM   #12
Vanilla H.

Quote:
Hmm, you know what else would be awesome about having a Fukurou-balloon? We could punch it at random intervals and it would still be in character! XD That would be fun.

Yeah, I've wanted to go to Otakon for I think three years now, so hopefully we can work something out! I'm thinking of guilt tripping my parents into it because everyone else is going to Europe for their graduation summer, so I can go to three cons in one month instead! @_@ I'll be dead by the end of July, but it'll be a good kind of dead. Does that make sense?

I'll try and keep you posted status-wise on what's going on, and if I can get everyone to go along with it (sometimes I feel like I'm forcing it on them, they aren't that familiar with One Piece in the first place except for our Kalifa). That would be so awesome to have a Blueno.

Oooh, Galley-La version would be awesome too! Considering it'd get awful hot in those black suits >> but either one would be equally cool. Don't worry, I'm very OP obsessed too it's always on my mind.
Okay... well, I'll keep in touch. And I'll send in-progress costume pics, because I need someone to pat me on my head and tell me I'm doing a good job. *wags tail*

And if you end up coming and have holes in your CP9 entourage, just let me know ahead of time, because I have OP connectionz. I can find replacements.
Unread 10-18-2006, 10:06 PM   #13
Grey Finch
Finch

Please do! I would be delighted to pat you on the head and tell you you're doing a good job. XD Sweet! Connections! *high fives... self* I should have a better idea by this Saturday, we're getting together to do a mass cosplay discussion because none of us are working.

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2013