Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 05-16-2016, 07:24 AM   #1
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Contrast Options?

I am not entirely sure if such a thing is possible for this site right now but the palette this site has has never been very friendly on my eyes -- it's very bright and makes me feel dizzy while looking at it because things blur together.
Turning my screen's brightness down works like a charm...but eventually I have to turn it back up.

Since I have literally no idea how the theme of this site is edited or who truly does it, again I know that a request like this may not be possible but it would be SO awesome if there was a theme choice that wasn't so high contrast as the purple/lavender and white. Since no one else has really voiced their opinion on a subject like this(or at least, no that I've seen), I hope this doesn't come off as offensive or whiny or anything, ha ha.

I also don't know if this is the place to really post a Thread like this but...I tried!

-Rococo Princess - Sakizou

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):
-Classic Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon R
-Rainbow Quartz - Steven Universe

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2016:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Animazement - 2016
Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Actually I appreciate this type of feedback. The purple/lavender was something more geared toward our initial logo redesign some 10 years ago, and is basically only still present in the forums. I personally prefer a neutral gray, or a dark background for photos. The forums are a bit more difficult because it's always about text color and background color creating the right contrast.

The problem with the forums though, is that there are so many small CSS values spread all around the templates that it can be hard to get a good secondary template going if anything was hardcoded in over the years. I'll look later this week to see if enough of it is theme-able with a quick switch (honestly I don't remember, I do know that there's a way to allow choosing themes though).
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Actually I appreciate this type of feedback. The purple/lavender was something more geared toward our initial logo redesign some 10 years ago, and is basically only still present in the forums. I personally prefer a neutral gray, or a dark background for photos. The forums are a bit more difficult because it's always about text color and background color creating the right contrast.

The problem with the forums though, is that there are so many small CSS values spread all around the templates that it can be hard to get a good secondary template going if anything was hardcoded in over the years. I'll look later this week to see if enough of it is theme-able with a quick switch (honestly I don't remember, I do know that there's a way to allow choosing themes though).
Thanks so much for your response, you've made me feel not-so-silly about saying something like this! I've realized that on my personal laptop the lavender on white is not nearly as bad but, of course, all computer screens are different in terms of how they display things but I totally appreciate your willingness to look into it for me!

I figured the theme was based on the logo which is why I felt a little weird asking and I know that trying to really fix everything to some type of neutral theme would be very difficult but please let me know what you find later this week!

-Rococo Princess - Sakizou

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):
-Classic Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon R
-Rainbow Quartz - Steven Universe

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2016:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Animazement - 2016
Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote