Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #181
Squall-sama
TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!

Photoshoots... in General

Ok, I've been looking all over coscom and just can't seem to find answers to my specific questions, and they may just be totally obvious and dumb, but I want to ask anyway. -_-0 Hopefully I can get some help.

So... lets say I had a photoshoot, whether it be professional or not, and then I wanted to have those photos uploaded up onto the Photoshoots section on here... would I be able to do that with the stipulation that I credited the photographer and gave all the specifics needed? Or does the photographer need to post the pics themself?

Because I was looking through some of the photoshoot pics and it looked like some of them were posted by the cosplayer themselves--even though they didn't take the pics--obviously. Or is that because they're one of those people with special circumstances who were allowed to forgo the que.

And, reading the rules on Photoshoots, as it says only photographers can use the photoshoot option, what if we can't get one of the handful of photographers on here to do a shoot for us? Does that mean if I can't get one of the site's photographers to do a photoshoot for me, I can't have my cosplay in the photoshoots section?

Maybe what I'm getting at is, how do you determin when someone is a photographer who is allowed to use that feature. Because it's not just Admin and EBK and Shiroin taking photos. If I had my cousin, for example, take photos and had him post them, would that be acceptable? But theres still going back to the people who seem to be posting their own pics when they are obvciously not the photographer. So... how does that work? How does this all work? O.o

Someone please help.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
CURRENT PROJECTS
Midna, Twilight Princess 60%
The Goddesses 15%
B-ko, Project A-ko 1%
Carmilla, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust 1%
Filia, Slayers TRY 1%
Boy Ranma, Ranma 1/2 1%[/size]
Squall-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2009, 04:54 AM   #182
April Ryan

Hi!

I hope this is the right thread for it.

Um... how do I explain that? (English is not my main language^^)

Well... I would like to open a new thread in the marketplace because I'm looking for something to buy.

And there is no button which says "new thread" or something like that.

Why can't I open a new thread? Do I need more posts for this?

Thanks in advance!
Unread 08-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #183
ShadowYin-Yang
JRPG Obsessed

I don't know if it's just for certain sites, but I know you can move threads. Is that only for vertain sites and not all?

B/c I think I placed my recent thread in the wrong place (well it could be put in a better place) so i was wondering, can I move my thread? If so, how?
ShadowYin-Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 03:50 AM   #184
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall-sama View Post

So... lets say I had a photoshoot, whether it be professional or not, and then I wanted to have those photos uploaded up onto the Photoshoots section on here... would I be able to do that with the stipulation that I credited the photographer and gave all the specifics needed? Or does the photographer need to post the pics themself?

Because I was looking through some of the photoshoot pics and it looked like some of them were posted by the cosplayer themselves--even though they didn't take the pics--obviously. Or is that because they're one of those people with special circumstances who were allowed to forgo the que.

And, reading the rules on Photoshoots, as it says only photographers can use the photoshoot option, what if we can't get one of the handful of photographers on here to do a shoot for us? Does that mean if I can't get one of the site's photographers to do a photoshoot for me, I can't have my cosplay in the photoshoots section?

Maybe what I'm getting at is, how do you determin when someone is a photographer who is allowed to use that feature. Because it's not just Admin and EBK and Shiroin taking photos. If I had my cousin, for example, take photos and had him post them, would that be acceptable? But theres still going back to the people who seem to be posting their own pics when they are obvciously not the photographer. So... how does that work? How does this all work? O.o

Someone please help.
Short answer = yes, the person who took (and, if applicable, processed) the photos is the only one who is allowed to post a Photoshoot as such.

If you are the cosplayer, you're allowed to post the exact same photoshoot set as a "Costume" instead, if you'd like. So unless you've taken self-portraits, you can't be in both sections.

A few photoshoots have slipped through where someone didn't understand this criteria, but they get reported and removed from the Photoshoot section (although the photos themselves would still be in the member's personal gallery, so long as they were the cosplayer pictured.)

Admin (and EBK and Ziggy) are the only official cos.com photographers - and everybody else is just a normal site member. A few people have uploaded a ton of shoots, and have requested to be placed in the right-hand sidebar list of the PS page, but even some of them are not "professional" photographers. Anyone on this site who takes a coherent matching set of photos is allowed to submit a PS.

...So if you can get your cousin to take photos of you - and if they have a cos.com account of their own - then they can upload those as a Photoshoot. Or, if you take photos of someone else, then you may upload those as a Photoshoot.
Unread 08-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #185
kaxblastard
Emperor of Cosplay

ok but

How do I add a photo/photos to an existing costume.
There is no button or field.

Or, do I have to meet some other forum challenge to do so? i.e.:100 posts and I can add more photos.
kaxblastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 04:18 AM   #186
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

adding uploaded photos to costume entry pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaxblastard View Post
How do I add a photo/photos to an existing costume.
There is no button or field.

Or, do I have to meet some other forum challenge to do so? i.e.:100 posts and I can add more photos.
You should be able to do it right away.

If your photo has already been uploaded to your member gallery previously AND you have already created your costume page...

- Open your individual photo page.
- Click on the "Edit Photo" option box on the left right under the photo's caption, before the comment area.
- Select the second drop-down menu that says "Costume" (All of the costumes you have added should appear here as choices.)
- Click "Edit the Photo" at the bottom of the page, and it will automatically save the location for you.

When adding new photos in the future, you can select the related costume from the Costume drop-down menu right from the upload photos page. (As long as you have already made the costume page, all your choices will already be there.)
Unread 08-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #187
lolishotahunny
Mother of BDCPro

Do you have to make your costume to post pictures of it?
lolishotahunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #188
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolishotahunny View Post
I would say no. It just has to be a photo of you in cosplay. My only gallery (as of now) is something that I had commissioned, and I've seen plenty of others who do the same thing.
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #189
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolishotahunny View Post
You are allowed to post photo of yourself in bought/commissioned or borrowed costumes. (As long as it is -you- wearing it, you may even make a costume entry, too.) Just make a note in the caption so people know.
Unread 08-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #190
lolishotahunny
Mother of BDCPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
You are allowed to post photo of yourself in bought/commissioned or borrowed costumes. (As long as it is -you- wearing it, you may even make a costume entry, too.) Just make a note in the caption so people know.
oh okay thank you! ^^
I noted that I only made parts of the costume :3
I just wanted to make sure because I didnt want to be hounded by people saying "ZOMG YOU DIDNT MAKE YOUR COSTUME!? N00b!!!!11oneone"
or something ^^;;
lolishotahunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #191
Velvy

Didn't see it covered among the topics surprisingly, however I would like to delete my account if it's possible. I sent Admin a PM three weeks ago and no response yet. While he may simply be busy, I could have overlooked something that *I* need to do in order for my account to be deleted. In anycase, should anyone see this msg and can do so, please delete my account! Thank you.
Unread 09-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #192
Shary

How to delete your account?
Shary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #193
Squall-sama
TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!

Ok, I'm sure this is somewhere on the site, but I'm not gonna sift through the thousands of comments to find it, so I hope someone will answer.

I've been trying to fix Seifer-sama's Gallery for the past 3 hours and nothing is working.

The "My Gallery" section doesn't have anything in it. When someone wants to view it, it's just a blank page. I have her site set up exactly like mine and nothing is showing up. There are galleries set up for each individual thing in there, and then she has sections for her costumes set up as well--the photos in the gallery are even linked with the costumes and still, nothing shows up.

So.... what's going on? Is it because of the new changes on the site and there are still bugs in the system? Or is there something else that both of us are completely missing?

Thanks!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
CURRENT PROJECTS
The Goddesses 15%
B-ko, Project A-ko 1%
Filia, Slayers TRY 1%
Unread 09-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #194
Squall-sama
TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!

Ok, well that last problem took care of itself somehow, but now I have another and I'm kinda upset over it.

I just posted a journal and did everything right and it's not appearing on my site! Anywhere!

And since I copied something new before pasting what I'd written, I've lost everything I wrote! And I can't remember what I wrote exactly!

Why didn't my journal appear and is there anywhere to recover it????

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
CURRENT PROJECTS
The Goddesses 15%
B-ko, Project A-ko 1%
Filia, Slayers TRY 1%
Unread 09-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #195
Squall-sama
TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!

OK, last two problems taken care of, but now I have another. >.< You people are going to start hating me....

The comments section on the journals are not appearing for anyone else but myself. Why is that?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
CURRENT PROJECTS
The Goddesses 15%
B-ko, Project A-ko 1%
Filia, Slayers TRY 1%