Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #376
Mashira
Professional Seamstress

When is the whole site getting an update?
It's so outdated... And to be really honest, I don't want to be rude tough: the search engine kinda sucks

Unread 12-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #377
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Im just wondering what’s the rule on the sexually explicit things that come up in the off topic chat. Such as people talking about their love lives but nothing direct. I know there are some kids on this site who are underage who don't need to hear about -insert username here-'s love life maybe im just being indifferent because im a virgin, but if im not allowed to talk about my virginity when its relevant why should they be able to talk about their love lives?
Unread 12-27-2011, 05:25 AM   #378
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Odd question that just popped in my head:

Every so often we get people that come in with "help me with my homework" threads, where they say they are writing a paper or some kind of essay and want people to answer a survey dealie to get some information.

I know that the site doesn't allow "homework" threads, but I didn't see a "we're not helping you write your paper" question in the FAQ. (At least not through a cursory search.) Could that be added to the rules and/or FAQ, perhaps offering suggestions on better methods of research (such as contacting people personally via PM)?

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #379
ArcticKitsune
Slumbering white fox

Hmm...Been patient and waited half a day and a full night for my post to become visible. I posted 2-3 times before in the past but haven't really gone on cosplay.com forums all that much, to the point where I had to reset my password. Did my account revert back to novice status or is my post considered spam within this thread?

-> http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=271848

I'm aware it your moderators take awhile before marking posts visible or invisible. I'm asking this because I posted on here before and shouldn't have to wait this long, do I?
ArcticKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #380
throwaway358

Is there a way to change how the unread posts feature works? It seems to mark everything older than a certain threshold read to me, which is a bit frustrating, as would like it to only mark things that I have already read as such.
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #381
ffviki
ValNika

So I see that the rules say no changing of usernames...so does that mean that if I want to change it I have to create a completely new account? I made this account way back before I was even into cosplay and I don't use this name for anything anymore. My DeviantArt, facebook, etc. are now all a specific cosplay alias name, and it would be so much easier if I could have my cosplay.com account be the same name. I'm not trying to hide from anyone or anything like that...but is the only way to change it really just to make a new account? If so, I'm gonna have to do a lot of thinking before I do that... I don't want to lose all my comments XD
ffviki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #382
jiffyspiffy
Quit

Uh, sorry if this has been asked before..How would I go about changing that little heading beneath my username, or getting rid of it completely?
jiffyspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #383
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffyspiffy View Post
Uh, sorry if this has been asked before..How would I go about changing that little heading beneath my username, or getting rid of it completely?
do you mean the thing that says "Quit" under your name? if thats what you mean. go into account settings (first light purpleish link under the main advertisment) and scroll down, it will give you the option to change it
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #384
Treesareheavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Threads aren't being archived, but rather no longer displayed as per the default display settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the AX forum right under the threads and you'll see some drop boxes with words like "Sorted by" "Sort Order" etc. The default is from the past 30 days. So if a thread hasn't been posted to in 30 days, it will no longer show on the main forum pages. Change this to say, the last 100 days, and your threads should appear unless it's been even longer since they were last updated.

There's a stickied thread in this forum about that here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=198338

A quick search for "Aizen" with photo checked as my search showed you on the first page, starting in the second to last row.

I've pm'd the site admin a number of times over the past year, and my account has still not been deleted.
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #385
Nep

This helps alot ! I hope I don't get in trouble because I kept trying to post and it would be gone.

Last edited by Nep : 03-20-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Nep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #386
IHATECLOUD
Resident Bitch

I've been trying to post in the "Who Should I Cosplay?" thread for the past week now. I've been waiting a day or two, posting, then waiting to post again. It's extremely frustrating because I'd like to get started on the cosplay as soon as possible, since the con is in June. Seeing as it's one of the more popular threads, does it take longer to get the post approved? I've posted in plenty other threads with no problem.

Last edited by IHATECLOUD : 03-21-2012 at 09:23 AM.
IHATECLOUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #387
Akune-chan

Does anyone know how you can edit a poll so you voters can vote for 2, 3 or more options in a row?
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #388
Aesterisk

About how long does it take for posts to get approved? I tried to post a thread about wig types and its been 2 days now

Also, about how many posts do I need for the filter to stop catching me xD
Aesterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #389
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesterisk View Post
About how long does it take for posts to get approved? I tried to post a thread about wig types and its been 2 days now

Also, about how many posts do I need for the filter to stop catching me xD
I check at least once a day to get everything that gets stuck in the filter thru it. I see that your wig post has made it.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=282968

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #390
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

What happened with the showcase photos on the front page? They don't seem to be there anymore...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote