Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 09-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #106
GyrfalconAH64D
BigBoss-BigNeko on dA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha_ANBU View Post
I was just wondering why we aren't allowed to have sig pics? I mean, it says due to abuse, but how is it abused? It has image size regulation, and it could be reported just as easily as a normal avatar.
I'm not really complaining. I'm just curious.
i believe that it was abused in the past (putting content that offended others) and ergo the feature was removed... i think

Last edited by GyrfalconAH64D : 09-27-2008 at 11:10 PM.
GyrfalconAH64D is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #107
black shinigami

Just wondering if there was a report spam or something button in each thread. I find a lot of spam and such from time to time ( like this one) . Or should I just ignore them and let them die??

EDIT: Don't worry. I ended up finding that tiny report post icon. ^^
black shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #108
BenaeQuee

Maybe I missed it, but there are a LOT of threads to go through. When I search for my costume, it isn't coming up. Did I not type in the search words correctly? When I type in "Leia" in the search box with the "costume" button picked, my things don't come up. Do the costumes have to be approved first? I'm just curious because it's been a almost a month and I'd rather just delete my account if nothing is going to be listed in the costume galleries.

When I search by "photo", my pictures show.
BenaeQuee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #109
Karasu416
Dragon Knight

i made a topic 1-2 days ago and it still hasn't been approved is that normal for new members?
i tried to make a topic in http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47 it was about Ichigo's Sandal's and his bankai's dimensions and such. it still has yet to appear there.
Unread 10-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #110
KillaBeeSwarm
Calmer than you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenaeQuee View Post
Maybe I missed it, but there are a LOT of threads to go through. When I search for my costume, it isn't coming up. Did I not type in the search words correctly? When I type in "Leia" in the search box with the "costume" button picked, my things don't come up. Do the costumes have to be approved first? I'm just curious because it's been a almost a month and I'd rather just delete my account if nothing is going to be listed in the costume galleries.

When I search by "photo", my pictures show.
I always thought that the order of costumes returned is based on when it was updated. The more recent the update, the earlier it appears. Maybe it's based on when the costume entry was created. Admin probably knows why yours isn't showing up. Perhaps you send him a pm...

Cosplay Wikis
* Black, Brown and Tanned Characters
* Musician Characters
KillaBeeSwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #111
Random Newbie
One-Winged Hero

Is it possible to have my name changed? If so, how is it done?

EDIT: Never mind, I just read the first page. I really need to do that more often before posting in a thread like this...

I'll just make a new account, and this one can be closed.
Random Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #112
Nevturiel
WTS: Epic Anger

Benae: I found your costumes. When I type in "Leia" with costume selected, I see your New Hope and Return of the Jedi costumes on page three.

I'm not trying to be catty or anything, just thought I'd let you know that I can see them. Good job on them, by the way.
Nevturiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #113
BenaeQuee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevturiel View Post
Benae: I found your costumes. When I type in "Leia" with costume selected, I see your New Hope and Return of the Jedi costumes on page three.

I'm not trying to be catty or anything, just thought I'd let you know that I can see them. Good job on them, by the way.
Doesn't sound catty at all, I'm just surprised they are on page three since they are fairly newly added. Must be a bug in the system or something.

BenaeQuee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #114
Violin Genesis
One-Winged Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Newbie View Post
Is it possible to have my name changed? If so, how is it done?

EDIT: Never mind, I just read the first page. I really need to do that more often before posting in a thread like this...

I'll just make a new account, and this one can be closed.
I did it.
Violin Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 02:55 AM   #115
droomz

5 days ago I made my introducrion threat and I don't see it. Can I pm a moderator obout it or have I to wait some days until I can do that?
(like: You can PM them if you don't see your threat after a week or something.)
droomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #116
Saphire_121

How do we delete threads? Because I have some threads of mine that I really want to close. Or should I just "report" myself to get it closed?

EDIT: Never mind ^^

Last edited by Saphire_121 : 11-08-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #117
The Boss
Mentor

Just one quick question about the costume ICONS
rules say:
Quote:
Icon must be a direct crop of a photo of you in your costume. No artwork, screencaps, photos of other people, or off-topic images
So, this means I'm not allowed to upload a pic of the CHARACTER, right? but why do I see so many cosplayers which use character pics as costume icon? Is it allowed to have an character icon until your costume is done or are those ppl just lucky because no one saw/reported it so far ?

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #118
Alessa
Mother of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Just one quick question about the costume ICONS
rules say:
So, this means I'm not allowed to upload a pic of the CHARACTER, right? but why do I see so many cosplayers which use character pics as costume icon? Is it allowed to have an character icon until your costume is done or are those ppl just lucky because no one saw/reported it so far ?
As far as I know it is NOT allowed. But unfortunately there aren't many mods on cosplay.com so I guess they can't keep up with the hundreds of pictures posted. That's why it always helps to report those pictures, which is what I do when I see them

A Silent Hill Cosplay Website
Alessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 04:06 AM   #119
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Is it allowed to have an character icon until your costume is done or are those ppl just lucky because no one saw/reported it so far ?
The latter. Please alert a moderator if you see artwork being used for a costume icon.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #120
Eraldo Coil
Master of 'Dese Guys

Okay, total newbie here. I've uploaded some photos without selecting an album for them, and I went in and made a couple albums afterwards, thinking I'd be able to put them in there. No such luck. I know that I can hit the "Edit Photo" button and change the album from there, but that doesn't help if I can't find the photos in the first place! I see that they're there in the "Uncategorized" section, but there are no links to those photos- as far as I can see, they're just a little number on a table of text. I've tried viewing them by clicking the profile button but I can't access them from there. What am I doing wrong? I know they're SOMEWHERE on this site... *scratches head*
Eraldo Coil is offline   Reply With Quote