Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Unread 03-23-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Duel Jewel, huh?

Well, I guess I should check the silly mailing list or actually look at ACen's webpage once in a while or -something-

This is certainly gonna give AN some serious competition now.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I just know that this has just wiped out my supposed costuming schedule.

Unread 03-23-2003, 09:50 PM   #2
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

why do you say that Yui???
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 09:57 PM   #3
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Hahaha...cuz it means I have to be Kami, Kaoru (and now) Lida for sure! I have to let people know what real visual kei is.

Anime cosplay at an anime con? I don't have time now. O_o
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 09:58 PM   #4
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Err. o_o; I don't think Duel Jewel claimed to be vis kei, if that's what you mean. ^^;

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 10:28 PM   #5
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Exactly...they are pretty Japanese guys and fairly talented j-rock musicians, but not VK at all. That would be like saying manga and anime are the same.
Sooo...I just don't want people confusing the two (as at Katsucon) - for it's one thing when there is no j-rock representation at a con (which I don't mind), and another when only a narrow one is there. I have to ensure that there will be variety, and I can't count on the other j-rock cosplayers to be there in force (I can think of....only like 8 or so of us) because most of them are on the coasts, and might not be able to get to ACen at this late stage. Anyway, it's just a very important personal quest for me. I am a j-rocker before I am a cosplayer.

Incidentally, I do quite like DJ's music, as well - and pretty pleased I have another shot at enjoying their visit properly this time.

Last edited by Yui : 03-23-2003 at 10:46 PM.
Unread 03-23-2003, 10:31 PM   #6
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Err. ^^; I don't get it. Duel Jewel is just a J-rock band and not a visual band.. My head hurts.

I have no Jrock costume to wear. ._. Yet.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #7
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

^_-* Sorry, Michi. ::head-massage:: Don't rush anything for ACen. I'm the crazy one here.

Um, & you've got it just right, but I think most people don't.
& Basically, this is an excuse for me to go "fully" Psycho for ACen...well, with plenty of time before Otakon, actually...which wasn't supposed to happen before AX 04. O_-** Um, I'm not coherant right now because the plans for the next two seasons have all been uprooted.
Unread 03-23-2003, 11:15 PM   #8
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

:3 *fans poor Yui-chan so she dosn't faint or her head dosn't explode or something* Breeaaathe :3 Breatheeee... You can do it :3

*looks at a calender*...Holy Crap. There's less than two months left? HURRY!! XD XD XD

Hehehehee, joking ^^;;; Please don't burn yourself out, Yui!!!
Lilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2003, 12:25 AM   #9
ParnsAngel
Elven Inside

Heysa! Yui! You're still doin Darcia, right? Pwease? Pwetty pwease? Don't poop out on Darcia, you'd make an awesome Darcia, and the Wolf's Rain group wouldn't be the same without you!!! *sniff, sniff-sniff*
ParnsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2003, 02:52 PM   #10
Mara

Kyaaa! Thank you, Yui! Exactly what I was thinking! When I saw Duel Jewel called Visual Kei on the Anime Central site, I was thinking "Huh??? Since when?!?!"

And this has made me change my costume plans. Of the Malice Mizer costumes I REALLY want to make, Mana's Kyomu no nakade no Yuugi is one of them, and that might be a good one to wear to the Duel Jewel concert.... roar, I can't decide! Yui, when you say you're wearing a Kami costume, do you mean your Merveilles?
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #11
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

ParnsAngel - See Wolf's Rain thread for those concerns...

Well, as far as Kami....I -could- bring Merveilles because I'm not that far away from the con. Like if it was a Kami emergency or something, but I wasn't planning on it. Basically going for Illuminati + either Cyberland or Au Revoir (whichever one gets done first.)
But I am so gonna do Lida! I rarely get sleeplessly excited over the prospect of a costume idea.

>Kyaaa! Thank you, Yui! Exactly what I was thinking! When I saw Duel Jewel called Visual Kei on the Anime Central site, I was thinking "Huh??? Since when?!?!"

Yeah, it's not as bad a representation as Katsu had, but it still shows a lack of understanding. But I'm still glad ACen's letting them come (even tho they did -try- AX and Otakon first. Glad they're 'settling' for our little con ^_-)
And what about SWEK now? And whatever parapare-ness is happening. I would think this is going to be awkward...
Unread 03-29-2003, 11:39 PM   #12
BadtzGirl
Network Goddess

I am just hoping the location for the Duel Jewel concert will be more condusive to sound than the random large carpeted room at Katsucon was. I would really like to hear them someplace ment for such music shows.

Looking forward to some J-Rock. But I think this time I will wear huge boots and stand in the back
BadtzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2003, 07:36 PM   #13
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Yeah, I'll stand in the back with ya ^_-
And definitely not be waiting in line this time.

Considering the hotel is hamster-tunnel-connected to the Rosemont convention cneter (full of huge, non-carpeted areas - as our ninja sources determined last year) you might -hope- that a concert might be arranged -there- to give Main Programming to the other performers. Oh well, we'll have to see. But yes, the sound quality at Katsucon was a disaster, and I hope ACen knows better than to repeat the mistake of letting them perform in just a hotel room. Even the roof of the parking garage would be better. ^_-