Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #451
Eleksin
Eleksin

Meiki you were on top of your game. By the time I finished reading a question it was already answered! 5 stars for you.^3^
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #452
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleksin View Post
Meiki you were on top of your game. By the time I finished reading a question it was already answered! 5 stars for you.^3^
Haha thank you! That's what happens when I procrastinate on things I should be doing, I get awesome at the internet
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #453
ARIADecember

I have been very interested in the fashion since I saw some lolitas on there way to a tea party.
After looking up some of the different styles I fell in love with classic and shiro, and also looked up some of the dresses, and fell in love with them. However, as the lolitas told me when I was talking to them, it is very expensive, and looking at the dresses, it's true. Im still interested, looking at the rules, they honestly don't bother me, more modest the better, but the money is the problem.
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #454
Meiki

Well there are quite a few more inexpensive options these days. I'd check out Bodyline, Fan Plus Friend, and Anna House. If you're strongly interested in brand pieces, sites like Closet Child and Alice Fururun are both reliable places to buy used brand for considerably lower prices and they're always in really good shape.
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #455
ARIADecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
Well there are quite a few more inexpensive options these days. I'd check out Bodyline, Fan Plus Friend, and Anna House. If you're strongly interested in brand pieces, sites like Closet Child and Alice Fururun are both reliable places to buy used brand for considerably lower prices and they're always in really good shape.
Thanks, and yes i am strongly interested, ill keep these in mind
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #456
DingDing

Excuse me if someone's already mentioned it, but what about bloomers or drawers?
I am only starting to get into this style since like last night and I've done quite a bit of research and stuff and a lot of people say you should own bloomers. What do you think?

My da: http://allebasi-ding.deviantart.com/

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Alice - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (WIP)
DingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #457
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingDing View Post
Excuse me if someone's already mentioned it, but what about bloomers or drawers?
I am only starting to get into this style since like last night and I've done quite a bit of research and stuff and a lot of people say you should own bloomers. What do you think?
Bloomers are one of those things that you don't have to wear, but I will certainly attest to the usefulness of some sort of shorts or bloomers under lolita dresses. Wind is not friendly!
Unread 07-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #458
DingDing

Quote:
Bloomers are one of those things that you don't have to wear, but I will certainly attest to the usefulness of some sort of shorts or bloomers under lolita dresses. Wind is not friendly!
Haha good. If I really get into this style I might still buy them because they are so cute! ^^

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Unread 07-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #459
DingDing

Hey. I'm just wondering, why are lace gloves frowned upon? I really wanna wear them for my first lolita outfit at my school dance. So, can I still wear them?
And for the headdresses, am I just allowed to wear a ribbon in my hair for a classic/gothic style?
Okay last question hah, for my school dance thing I am planning to wear my first lolita outfit which will be a JSK. I will get pretty hot so is it bad if I wear it without any blouse and just by itself?!

Thanks to anyone who can answer me

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #460
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

How are you planning on wearing the ribbon? In bow? A bow is usually fine for any style.
I'm not sure why the gloves are frowned on, maybe because they feel kind of 50's ish?
You can wear a jsk without a blouse, but then it kind of turns into a cute sundress, as opposed to a lolita dress
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #461
Meiki

I think lace gloves are normally frowned upon because they tend to be cheap. If you're new to the fashion I wouldn't recommend them. I think lolita dresses are fine without blouses, but you should probably dress to the nines otherwise. Socks, full petticoat, hair accessories, etc.
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #462
DingDing

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
How are you planning on wearing the ribbon? In bow? A bow is usually fine for any style.
Uhm I was just thinking over my head and tying it underneath so its flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
You can wear a jsk without a blouse, but then it kind of turns into a cute sundress, as opposed to a lolita dress
Yeah, then I don't really know what to do. Lolita is difficult! hah

Quote:
I think lace gloves are normally frowned upon because they tend to be cheap. If you're new to the fashion I wouldn't recommend them. I think lolita dresses are fine without blouses, but you should probably dress to the nines otherwise. Socks, full petticoat, hair accessories, etc.
Ah I see, thank you for the tip
Maybe I could get a OP, but its so hard to find a one I really like!!
Thanks though! ^^

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Unread 07-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #463
Seiten Taisei
Mama Witch

So I was reading this here little "Quick Guide" and I have to say, I laughed. I can't tell you how many lolita in general seem to go against the sayings with in this guide. I've seen tons of top hats, lacy gloves, and so on from different Lolita. I guess it is more of a regional thing.

I was thinking on doing an Oji Lolita, but I guess my thoughts on what I want to do with it goes against the "rules/guidebook" and thus be frowned upon.

Oh well.

~{Seiten Taisei's Deviant Art}~
~{Founder of SoS Cosplay/SoS Outfitters}~
~{Owner and Queen of Thieves of Steam Paradigm}~
~Future Cosplay~

Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, The Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner- 20% Done
Not the Action Figure Version.
The Lich King, Arthas Menethil, Crown Prince of Lordaeron,- 10% Done
For my husband.

Seiten Taisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #464
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiten Taisei View Post
So I was reading this here little "Quick Guide" and I have to say, I laughed. I can't tell you how many lolita in general seem to go against the sayings with in this guide. I've seen tons of top hats, lacy gloves, and so on from different Lolita. I guess it is more of a regional thing.

I was thinking on doing an Oji Lolita, but I guess my thoughts on what I want to do with it goes against the "rules/guidebook" and thus be frowned upon.

Oh well.
I'm glad my serious attempt to assist people amused you. This is a general guide for people starting out. I'm not saying that lace gloves and top hats never work, I'm just saying that you should probably be aware of what quality lolita garments look like and learn about the fashion before you try it.

I have no idea what you mean by "Oji Lolita" are you talking about Ouji?

Last edited by Meiki : 07-25-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #465
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiten Taisei View Post

Oh well.
That exactly why these are guidelines. It's not all true all of the time, but it's true most of the time. For every outfit I've seen that used "frowned upon" items well, I've seen three or four that looked terrible because of them. It's as much about knowing how to coordinate things probably as playing strictly by the rules, but you have to start somewhere, and that's what this guide is for.

I'm also genuinely curious as to what you mean by Oji-lolita.

"Any problem can be solved with some sort of pin. Safety pins, bobby pins, any pins; anytime you have a problem, just use the corresponding type of pin!" - My friend. Not a cosplayer, but wise indeed.
Darksilverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote