Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #466
grimloveline

You are a goddess for posting this! I was having sooo many issues and had no idea what to do even though I am completely head over heels for the style. Thank you! <3
grimloveline is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #467
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimloveline View Post
You are a goddess for posting this! I was having sooo many issues and had no idea what to do even though I am completely head over heels for the style. Thank you! <3
D'aww thanks! I'm glad it was helpful!
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #468
nerys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jisatsuhime View Post
There are actually a lot of elements that the sissy scene and Lolita fashion has in common, but the most important element is absent from Lolita. As long as you aren't a man being force dressed for sexual pleasure in Lolita, I wouldn't worry too much about it lmao
So what about a man willingly dressing in lolita no force no sexual pleasure no intent to "be" a women (Ie passing) just Enjoys the style

is that frowned upon?
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #469
nerys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
Haha it's totally okay. I know how confusing things can be when you first start out. I'd avoid really bright or neon colors. And orange.
Ohhh no. My next Sweet Lolita dress is going to be all bright orange with bright blue trim.

sorry I despise dark boring colors (on me personally) besides some tights/stockings I don't own anything in "black" :-)

I am bright or bright. no inbetween nothing else :-)
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #470
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Ohhh no. My next Sweet Lolita dress is going to be all bright orange with bright blue trim.

sorry I despise dark boring colors (on me personally) besides some tights/stockings I don't own anything in "black" :-)

I am bright or bright. no inbetween nothing else :-)
Yeah, you don't see neon colors too often, the only brand piece I can think of is Angelic Pretty's Whip Magic, which has some bright greens and pinks in it: http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/f...7080019xf7.png and the occasional bright pink piece.

Lolita comes in a lot of colors other than black. Pink, blue, yellow, mint, lavender, and red are all really common in sweet lolita. I honestly can't picture blue and orange working well.
Unread 01-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #471
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

I've been thinking about getting into lolita, and the style I tend to lean toward is sweet, because I'm a baker, so the prints and accessories really appeal to me.

But also, I find myself really liking the crazy OTT Sweet styles I've seen, and I was wondering if you had any tips for over the top sweet, seeing how it doesn't tend to fall under rules that apply to more modest lolita.
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #472
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunesonatuesday View Post
I've been thinking about getting into lolita, and the style I tend to lean toward is sweet, because I'm a baker, so the prints and accessories really appeal to me.

But also, I find myself really liking the crazy OTT Sweet styles I've seen, and I was wondering if you had any tips for over the top sweet, seeing how it doesn't tend to fall under rules that apply to more modest lolita.
Well the same general guidelines are the same, skirt, petticoat, blouse, legwear, etc. I'd say the most important thing to keep in mind for OTT sweet is balance. You want a big hair/wig to balance out large amounts of hair stuff, and you want to make sure your accessories all match well and that you aren't wearing too many of them. I mean, accessorizing is the point obviously but having bracelets up to your elbows probably isn't the best idea. I'd recommend looking at Cadney and Lunie for inspiration, both of them wear OTT and look awesome.
Unread 01-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #473
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Thanks

Also, I was wondering what the view is of lolitas with ponytails. I see a lot of them with pigtails, but I have a really nice light pink wig and only one clip.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 01-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #474
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I think the general consensus is ponytails are a little casual. But maybe if you curled it or accessorized it right... It'd be tricky, but it may be possible.

Edit: maybe a side pony?
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #475
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Yeah, I was thinking of putting it maybe to the upper side of my head and then putting a bow on it.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #476
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I think the biggest issue will be balance, a big puffy side pony might look a little off.

Now, a low over the shoulder sideman pony with a cute little straw hat would be adorable for county lolita
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #477
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Question! :/ So I've recently started to really fancy the boy (konoda or something..?) lolita style, and so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to dress for that because I can't seem to find any good rules or guidelines for it..

Thanks in advance <3
sorry I'm still a noob to all the lolita terms x.x"
NeonBunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #478
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBunnyGirl View Post
Question! :/ So I've recently started to really fancy the boy (konoda or something..?) lolita style, and so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to dress for that because I can't seem to find any good rules or guidelines for it..

Thanks in advance <3
sorry I'm still a noob to all the lolita terms x.x"
Low Down and Dandy is a great blog about boystyle, and it has an awesome section called The Kodona Code that should be helpful!
Unread 01-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #479
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
Low Down and Dandy is a great blog about boystyle, and it has an awesome section called The Kodona Code that should be helpful!
aww sadly some of the links there don't work. BUT what was working was definitely helpful! So thank you so much. I bought a few pieces that I had wanted to put together for boystyle and according to the blog, they'll look pretty good together.

Next set of questions! :3

I'm in the middle of making a sweet lolita jsk (I'll say inspired loli just so I wont offend some people lol) and I'm stuck with a few things. :/

So I know absolutely nothing about lace, so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what type of lace would look good with this pattern/colors?
Are there different types of petticoats, or are there just different lengths, And do you think I should get a colored petticoat or stick with a white or black one??

dress
(The shirt in the pic isn't the shirt that goes with it.)
I ordered a frilly White blouse but I'm not sure if I should use it or buy/make another one. :/ I kinda think a pink or purple blouse would be adorable.

I still have to buy matching socks/tights, mary janes, and maybe new hair accessories. (currently have a matching hair bow, <~~ in the icon pic)

Another thing, I know in guide says so crazy unnatural hair :/ but my real hair is currently greenish (icon pic again).. Is it terrible that I have colored hair so should I think about redying my hair back to brown or buying a wig? I do love my bright hair but I'm also loving lolita. opinions?? lol mainly I just don't wanna hear shit from loli elitist saying i can't be a lolita because of such a silly thing like hair. :/ I hate drama.

Again thanks in advance for helping me understand everything better! And sorry for my post being so long.
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #480
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBunnyGirl View Post
aww sadly some of the links there don't work. BUT what was working was definitely helpful! So thank you so much. I bought a few pieces that I had wanted to put together for boystyle and according to the blog, they'll look pretty good together.

Next set of questions! :3

I'm in the middle of making a sweet lolita jsk (I'll say inspired loli just so I wont offend some people lol) and I'm stuck with a few things. :/

So I know absolutely nothing about lace, so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what type of lace would look good with this pattern/colors?
Are there different types of petticoats, or are there just different lengths, And do you think I should get a colored petticoat or stick with a white or black one??

dress
(The shirt in the pic isn't the shirt that goes with it.)
I ordered a frilly White blouse but I'm not sure if I should use it or buy/make another one. :/ I kinda think a pink or purple blouse would be adorable.

I still have to buy matching socks/tights, mary janes, and maybe new hair accessories. (currently have a matching hair bow, <~~ in the icon pic)

Another thing, I know in guide says so crazy unnatural hair :/ but my real hair is currently greenish (icon pic again).. Is it terrible that I have colored hair so should I think about redying my hair back to brown or buying a wig? I do love my bright hair but I'm also loving lolita. opinions?? lol mainly I just don't wanna hear shit from loli elitist saying i can't be a lolita because of such a silly thing like hair. :/ I hate drama.

Again thanks in advance for helping me understand everything better! And sorry for my post being so long.
Well that's annoying, sorry about that! This is a nice resource too: http://dandy-handbook.livejournal.com/

Well the easiest nice lace to get ahold of at normal fabric stores is eyelet. I think that fabric would look cute with some white, pink, or lavender lace. To be honest, the shape of your skirt doesn't look full enough to accommodate a full petticoat. That being said, I find white to be the best color for petticoats, other colors can show through white or cream skirts and dresses.

Derp, I should fix that. It used to be a really big deal to have unnatural colored hair back when I originally wrote this but it's pretty common now. You shouldn't have any problems with that!