Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #46
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Ok i got a quick question here.
Is it true that pink and white are the two choices for a sweet lolita. or can it be other colors?
me being a noob ^^""
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2007, 01:18 AM   #47
ilumiari
What is "Shower?"

@yamibakura - Pink and White is a common combination, only slightly less common is baby blue. Other colours can be purple or black. It is more the cut of the dress that makes it sweet than the colour.
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:35 AM   #48
Meiki

I never pictured sweet as black. Typically the styles are sorted by colors, kurololi, shirololi, that sort of thing, so to me sweet loli is pastels or slightly brighter colors. Light blues, pinks, greens, lavenders, and the occasional yellow. Just because a sweet loli brand makes a black dress doesn't make it sweet loli.
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 08:06 AM   #49
ilumiari
What is "Shower?"

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=636896
Black MAM dress, if it's not sweet what is it?

(I've always thought of shirololi especially to be an offshoot of sweet loli, kurololi to a slightly lesser extent)
Unread 01-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #50
Meiki

Frankly, I smacks of gothic loli to me. The structure of the different varieties of dress doesn't vary that much with the exception of classic loli, with the slightly less-poofy skirt. (And obviously boystyle and aristocratic types are a completely different story. Plus punk loli seems to be relatively undefinable.)

I mean, I wouldn't exactly call anyone a gothic lolita if they were walking around in pink, regardless of the construction.

I guess it doesn't matter too much either way, what you wear is much more important than the label. Cute dress by the way.
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #51
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

^^ sweet thanks for the replies.

Ok so im deciding on making a Sweet Lolita Ryou bakura outfit for a con this april.
I know he has that blue stripe white shirt, light blue shirt over it and jeans. so taking that out, ill go for his school uniform which its light blue. any help is more good for me ^^

Im thinking of making a baby blue pastel dress, with a sweater white. a parasol, and maybe the teddy bear. im also getting a petticoat, but not sure for my feet. eh heh, i might have to look for the mary jane shoes then.
for hair, i might wear a cute hat or something to go along with it. but like i said, i would love to hear more ideas and suggestions.
as im well aware, i might be put down by other Lolis but im going to make it nice and following the rules as best as possible.

so help?

Last edited by yamibakura03 : 01-09-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #52
DigitalDeviance
Fakir: Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
For guys pretty much any hair will do really, for girls it's trying to look more manly with shorter hair and hair up.

I'd love to see a curly-haired person in boystyle! Aaaah so cute. It would remind me of Harpo Marx. Which would be too cute in my opinion. Most of the time you won't see it just because Japanese people have pretty straight hair.
Ah, thanks again. I can't believe the whole straight-hair gene skipped my mind. xD
DigitalDeviance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #53
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
^^ sweet thanks for the replies.

Ok so im deciding on making a Sweet Lolita Ryou bakura outfit for a con this april.
I know he has that blue stripe white shirt, light blue shirt over it and jeans. so taking that out, ill go for his school uniform which its light blue. any help is more good for me ^^

Im thinking of making a baby blue pastel dress, with a sweater white. a parasol, and maybe the teddy bear. im also getting a petticoat, but not sure for my feet. eh heh, i might have to look for the mary jane shoes then.
for hair, i might wear a cute hat or something to go along with it. but like i said, i would love to hear more ideas and suggestions.
as im well aware, i might be put down by other Lolis but im going to make it nice and following the rules as best as possible.

so help?
Theme loli isn't my personal favorite, but for the most part because it's done badly a good 90% of the time. You sound like you're really willing to listen to advice, which is awesome! I'm sure it'll turn out really cute.

A white cardigan should be pretty easily store bought, just add a bit of nice lace on the cuffs and maybe on the neckline and it's quite darling. Avoid strictly-lace parasols. The kind that are fabric with ruffles around the edges are much less looked-down-upon. That and they cast weird shadows on your face in pictures. A big bow or a two little ones are also another option, and much less difficult if you don't want to mess with making a hat. Good luck!
Unread 01-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #54
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Quote:
Theme loli isn't my personal favorite, but for the most part because it's done badly a good 90% of the time. You sound like you're really willing to listen to advice, which is awesome! I'm sure it'll turn out really cute.

A white cardigan should be pretty easily store bought, just add a bit of nice lace on the cuffs and maybe on the neckline and it's quite darling. Avoid strictly-lace parasols. The kind that are fabric with ruffles around the edges are much less looked-down-upon. That and they cast weird shadows on your face in pictures. A big bow or a two little ones are also another option, and much less difficult if you don't want to mess with making a hat. Good luck!
wow the bows sound much easier. ok i got this all written down, so i will consider your advice and all. thanks alot !!
Unread 01-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #55
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
wow the bows sound much easier. ok i got this all written down, so i will consider your advice and all. thanks alot !!
No problem!
Unread 01-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #56
rocket_nekusagi
Not all that evil, really

So is it wrong or insulting to "real" Lolitas to wear, say, a Goth Lolita dress to Prom or as cosplay (at a con)? I'd love to do everyday Lolita, but can't, given 1) my parents would never let me and 2) I really can't afford it.

I'm passionate about the Lolita style, but wouldn't want to do anything insulting...

My costumes:
Domino/Agent 009/The Black Tulip-
Gen Con Indy '05
Halloween '05
Gen Con Indy '06
Madam Boss- Gen Con Indy '06

Random School Girl- Gen Con Indy '06

James/Kojirou- Halloween '06 (Coming soon!)
rocket_nekusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #57
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_nekusagi View Post
So is it wrong or insulting to "real" Lolitas to wear, say, a Goth Lolita dress to Prom or as cosplay (at a con)? I'd love to do everyday Lolita, but can't, given 1) my parents would never let me and 2) I really can't afford it.

I'm passionate about the Lolita style, but wouldn't want to do anything insulting...
Oh god no. I've seen quite a few people wear dresses for just those occasions. I love the idea of wearing it to prom, such a contrast from the tiny little prom dresses I've seen lately, ew.

It's totally understandable that you don't want to wear it every day, I've started wearing it a lot but some days I just want to roll out of bed and put on jeans XD
Unread 03-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #58
SunakoChan
Dobato!

I have a question about hair.. I'm wondering what to do with my almost shoulder length/curly/wavy hair when wearing a mini top hat?
Unread 04-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #59
Gaara-kun5656
Lolita Doll~

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsukoarts View Post
i think this would be interesting to also do the EGA, male point of view - i will take a crack at it, per what you have listed above, and feel free to copy-paste all the text...

it's only fair to have input from both male & female EGA/EGL perspectives, and then you can elect to include...

what do you think... (and it would provide a guide for men, since there does not seem to be a whole lot in english for the EGA set)

From what I know Japanese men don't dress in GL( very uncomon if they do ), unless their crossing which is still very uncommon.( I not sure about over here in america though...) So that might be the reason for barely any men guides.Only men you'll ever really see in GL is Visual Kei bands..

Im not for sure though, I might be wrong!

Wahhh~ Miyavi-sama!!!
Gaara-kun5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2007, 04:39 AM   #60
Gaara-kun5656
Lolita Doll~

Quote:
I realize that noones trying to attack me or anything, but I do feel a little alone in my side of the argument around here.

I understand what you saying. I had to explain it to my friend when she got ripped to shreds by some lolitas the other day, Adding your own style to your loli outfit is fine but just make it to where it's not loli anymore ^-^ Have fun but not to where you don't respect some basic guidelines of the fashion that where there when it was created ^-^!

Like being modest and keeping your skirt at least a little under thigh height..( it really should be at knee-length tho.. )

Part of being loli is not to be afraid of what people are going to say, cause you will get so many mixed responses! So be comfortable with your style of lolita, but have some respect for the guidelines that were there when it was created ^-^

I hope that maybe someone will understand all that jumbo up there I just said! xD!

Wahhh~ Miyavi-sama!!!

Last edited by Gaara-kun5656 : 04-08-2007 at 04:42 AM.
Gaara-kun5656 is offline   Reply With Quote