Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 11-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
s0ra_xx
Wait. This isn't my house

KH2- Timeless River Kairi (?)

I was thinking of making a Timeless River Kairi costume but...I have no ideas!! Well I have a few, but I need more ideas. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
s0ra_xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #2
vampirate

That's a cute idea! Maybe study old versions of Minnie Mouse for ideas? Betty Boop might be really good to look at for girly black and white makeup ideas too.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
Lisu-chan
Resident weirdo

Make yourself as 2D as possible... Gee hard task! Fun to do though! Start by putting an awfully standard flower in your hair (you know the ones you drew... ages ago five leaves... easy peasy XD) You could make the costume in grey scale... Start by printing a Kairi picture in Greytones... Then make it that way, bodypaint\schmink yourself white en dye your hair black...

Hope I helped XD
Lisu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #4
Kairi_Heartless
Does it make sense?

I saw someone planning to do this costume as well, but as fas as I know she wanted to do the first costume just all in greyshades...

In my opinion - look at Soras first costume (from the first game) and his Timeless River outfit and search for the differenzes. Then try to change Kairis first outfit like they did with Soras ^^ And I second that flower idea from lisu-chan XD sounds awefully great
Unread 11-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #5
Jantra
Silver Wing Creations

Sora, in the timeless river, went back to his original costume, and had bigger eyes, and the big mickey mouse white gloved hands.

I'd make Kairi's first outfit in greytones, do the big hand thing, the flower is REALLY cute idea! You'll have to do white on your face/arms/legs.
Unread 11-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
Kissmedeadly24

The idea I ended up working with for the costume is off of her 2nd game costume. By looking at Sora's Timeless River bit I think they went with his first one because it was a simpler costume. In light of that, I chose to do her 2nd game costume because it's a simpler and plainer costume.

As for coloring and whatnot, it's pretty much up to you. Just look at the costume and figure out what colors will work the best for your idea. I do like the ide aof the flower. That sounds really cute. I might use that in mine if you don't mind terribly. As for the white arms and legs, for my legs I'm doing white tights and then using a type of cream makeup that dries on the rest of my body.

Oh and for further ideas as for the cut of the costume I looked at the two girl characters in Timeless river. (Yes the cow and the chicken) And I got a few ideas to make it more cartoony-y from them. I hope I helped out a bit. Good luck!

Future cosplay:
Jewelry Bonney - One Piece 75%
Vriska Serket - Homestuck 75%
Cammy White - Final Fight Streetwise 70%
Blackfire - Teen Titans 20%
Young Walter - Hellsing 20%
Donquixote Doflamingo - One Piece planned
Kissmedeadly24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
Jantra
Silver Wing Creations

But the timeless river isn't really about 'simple'... It's about going back in time.

That is how everyone was originally drawn.

That is how Sora was originally made.

So you would make Kairi how she was originally made - aka: KH1 costume.
Unread 11-14-2006, 07:53 AM   #8
Lisu-chan
Resident weirdo

As long as it's black and white and people recognize you as Kairi, they'll put 1 + 1 together! XD I love the fact people love my flower idea, it just popped in my head, and I think I'm doing a timeless river Kairi now as well, or make it a Riku one since I'm tall! XD Sorry ripping cosplay plans here!

BTW I think you should stick with the KH1 Kairi, it'll be I dunno... better! XD
Lisu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
s0ra_xx
Wait. This isn't my house

Yay! Thank you for all the suggestions! I will definately be doing the flower thing! And lisu-chan, a Timeless River Riku sounds uber cool!
s0ra_xx is offline   Reply With Quote