Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Unread 11-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
Merchant
What Are Ya Buyin'?

Death Note Cosplay - Watari

I apologize ahead of time if this has been brought up before or belongs in another thread and if any of you have the link to that thread I will post this there as well.

I have decided to cosplay as Watari from Death Note but am unsure of the following things:

1. The color of his trenchcoat (since from what I've seen the darkness of the places he appears in in this form give it a monotone color scheme)

2. His face, I'm wondering would his face be bandaged or how could I make it that it looks covered or shadowed like in the anime?

3. I haven't watched enough to actually confirm this but is the style of laptop he carries an ibook?

Your help is greatly appreciated as is any info you can put in.

<bows>

Thank You ^_^
Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
Silvana_Girl
t h e [DARKLINGthrush]

Well, I haven't watched nay of the anime yet, but in the live movie coming out he has a charcoal colored coat I think.

As for his face, to make it looked covered/shadowed, maybe go with a "mask" like Kakashi's in Naruto, that's the first thing that popped into my head at least.

Queen Esther [Trinity Blood] // Amy Pond [ToA/FaS and THE/CB - Doctor Who] // Femme!Eleven [Doctor Who] // Mariela White [ Steampunk]

Silvana_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
ZiplocNinja
kol kol kol

I've watched the live action movie (It's out on Youtube, folks!), and his trenchcoat is black, so is his hat. And in the movie he carries an Apple laptop. o_O Kinda weird.. but I definately saw it was an Apple, a silver apple laptop. You can pull your hat real low to appear 'shadowed', but I'm kinda clueless on that one.

Love for Death Note!I cosplay Death Note too much xD
-gives you a cosplaying hug-
ZiplocNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

If you want to make your face really shadowed and are worried the hat won't do the trick, I'd recommend doing what some Urahara cosplayers do, and actually paint the shadow onto your face. You don't have to paint your whole face, just where the shadow of the hat would fall. I've seen a few do this and it gives off a great effect (and I know for a fact that ScruffyRebel does it for both Urahara and Raven, if you want to see what I'm talking about).
Solaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
Merchant
What Are Ya Buyin'?

<is taking notes and returns Ziploc's cosplay hug> Thank you for all of your help and any further info is greatly appreciated ^^ I'm thinking of either the kakashi mask covering, painting the shadow to my face, or just using a ninja mask hehe. But so far so good and as far as the laptop is concerned I don't know if I'll be able to afford my Macbook pro by may or not (shakes fist at apple credit account)
Unread 11-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #6
Merchant
What Are Ya Buyin'?

Does anyone know where I might find the bag he carries with him as well as the tie?
Unread 11-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

I know Daguru did a Watari cosplay. You may want to PM him and see if he can give you any tips.
Facebook DeviantArt
Shei Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #8
Merchant
What Are Ya Buyin'?

Thanks Shei I'll PM him now ^^