Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 06-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Vocal-Chan

Kagamine Len Cosplay Help

I know there are probably a ton of forums and threads on this. I couldn't find any, so why not?

Leg warmers - Any good tips? I know what basic way I create them, however... how do I use the elastic to make em poof?

Arm warmers- I found an AMAZING tutorial on here!! (And they glow!!!)

Shirt - I think that I got this, but... Well I fear of screw myself over trying to fix the sleeves...

Pants - I have NO IDEA how to go about these!! I'm gonna die just thinking about how to put it all together... *sobs*

Headphones - JUST KILL ME NOW!!

Shoes - Uhm... *tilts head in confusion*

Sailor fuku - Well... You know.... tutorials on YouTube and well... Yeah.

So, if I'm missing anything please go ahead and advise me ^^
Vocal-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I'll answet this in numbers (basically going down the list)..

1. Do you have a pattern already? If not I will tell you..Literally make a tube with one end a little wider than the other.. Like this:
/ \
/ \
The top and bottom would have lines but I can;t make those right now..But that's the idea. Not as wide at the bottom, but I think you get the point.
For the elastic, make the part that goes around your upper leg smaller than your leg (meaning it has to stretch to fit around your leg) and that;s the top. For the bottom to get that poof look, do the exact same thing around your ankle. You can make it a little wider than your ankle to give it a great look.

2. That's great!! I'd do that for my Rin if I had the money lol But would you mind linking to the tutorial please and thank you? I'd love to see.

3. It's just a typical male school fuku thing. If you look up the girls summer uniforms you will get a basic idea..If you have a shirt around the same size you need, and it fits without having to stretch around your body when it's on (so a semi loose fitting shirt) just trace it..

4. They are just black shorts..If you can't find shorts in the right length or a good material, buy some slacks and cut them into shorts then hem them.

5. Look up "vocaloid headphone tutorial" they are much easier than they look..

6. This one will be a little hard..You will either need to buy premade ones on like ebay or something, or find something with the right shape if you are an accuracy buff. If you don't think you can, I suggest the ebay route..You'd search for "Len Kagamine Shoes"

7. The collar itself? I basically gave you the info needed in the shirt talk, but they are super simple.

By the way one last thing..Remember that not everyone knows characters, so try to post reference pictures when asking about things. Also one other thing, you only said his name, and not what version. Being a HUGE Rin and Len fan I know what you are asking, but other's might not so knowing which version would help..Anyway hope I helped
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-OC (Original Series)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)

WIP
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
-Yui Hirasawa (Attack On K-On!)
-Hanji (Attack On Titan)
-Takamina (AKB0048)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Link (Zelda: OOT)
-Miku (Vocaloid, Galaxy Girls [fan models])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

When I cosplayed Rin I took a pair of old headphones and built on top of them with craft foam.

Here's a great sailor collar tutorial: http://fav.me/d2r0kjg
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
Vocal-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
I'll answet this in numbers (basically going down the list)..

1. Do you have a pattern already? If not I will tell you..Literally make a tube with one end a little wider than the other.. Like this:
/ \
/ \
The top and bottom would have lines but I can;t make those right now..But that's the idea. Not as wide at the bottom, but I think you get the point.
For the elastic, make the part that goes around your upper leg smaller than your leg (meaning it has to stretch to fit around your leg) and that;s the top. For the bottom to get that poof look, do the exact same thing around your ankle. You can make it a little wider than your ankle to give it a great look.

2. That's great!! I'd do that for my Rin if I had the money lol But would you mind linking to the tutorial please and thank you? I'd love to see.

3. It's just a typical male school fuku thing. If you look up the girls summer uniforms you will get a basic idea..If you have a shirt around the same size you need, and it fits without having to stretch around your body when it's on (so a semi loose fitting shirt) just trace it..

4. They are just black shorts..If you can't find shorts in the right length or a good material, buy some slacks and cut them into shorts then hem them.

5. Look up "vocaloid headphone tutorial" they are much easier than they look..

6. This one will be a little hard..You will either need to buy premade ones on like ebay or something, or find something with the right shape if you are an accuracy buff. If you don't think you can, I suggest the ebay route..You'd search for "Len Kagamine Shoes"

7. The collar itself? I basically gave you the info needed in the shirt talk, but they are super simple.

By the way one last thing..Remember that not everyone knows characters, so try to post reference pictures when asking about things. Also one other thing, you only said his name, and not what version. Being a HUGE Rin and Len fan I know what you are asking, but other's might not so knowing which version would help..Anyway hope I helped
(It's in sections. I know it's for Hatsune, but you can change the color and it work just as well)

Part 1: http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=364

Part 2:http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=365

Part 3:http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=366

And sorry about that... I'm really new to this site, and haven't had too much experience with forums either, so. Thanks for the tips!
Vocal-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote