If you haven’t already read about it, those that submit a video message will be entered in a contest for a chance to win a Premium Membership or Amazon gift card. Each participant has a chance to get up to 2 entries in the contest.
Go here for full info: http://moogle212.deviantart.com/art/...ship-535989814
Hi there everyone!
I've been working on a video called "Cosplay Mode", a large AMV/CMV project that's a tribute to the many talented cosplayers around the globe.
Unlike other Cosplay tributes, this project matches the Cosplay photos to the anime its based on, features a large variety of characters new and old throughout and, of course, gives full credit to everyone including their photographer(s) featured in it. The final project will be around 26+ minutes not including the intro and message project.
For special segments in the project, I need many cosplayers to answer the questions, “Why do you like to cosplay?
” and/or “What's your favorite thing about cosplaying?
If you like, you can also give encouraging advice to others wanting to start the hobby. This should be done in the form of a video message and is open to all cosplayers no matter what your experience is.
Note: If you want to say your message in another language besides English, thats fine but please only do so if you absolutely can't do an English one. Due to the way the messages are being handled in this project, having them in other languages can make things more difficult. Also, if you do yours in another language, make sure you add English subtitles (preferred) or let me know whats said in it so I can make subtitles.
Final Deadline: June 20th
Video Message Rules:
● Videos need to be at least 720p and high quality. Many digital cameras, video cameras and phones are capable of this these days.
The final project will be 1080p so anything lower than 720p would not work for this.
● Record your videos in full screen.
Please do not have large borders around the sides or top and bottom of your videos.
● Do not have any music in your recording and try to keep background noise to a minimum.
Its fine if you do your recording outside, but try to do it somewhere not too noisy.
Also, make sure your audio sounds clear and without any distortion.
● You can be silly, serious or anyway you like in your message.
There are no strict time restrictions, but its preferred that you keep your message under 1 minute if possible.
The goal you should aim for is to use no more than 20 seconds for each response.
For example: if you just answer the question "Why do you like to cosplay?", you should aim to use no more than 20 seconds. If you answer 1 question and give advise, then you should aim to use no more than 40 seconds. If you answer both questions and give advice, then you should aim for no more than 60 seconds.
Please note that your video will not be rejected if you go over that time, so if there is something you want to say and can't fit it in those time limits, then its perfectly fine to go over a bit.
● Avoid using strong language in your video. Keep it G or PG. (Try to stay family friendly)
● Do NOT upload your recording to a streaming site like YouTube. Use a service like Mediafire, Google Drive, Mega etc. and send the link to me.
You can send your recording to me in a message on YouTube, Facebook or here on this site.
My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/MoonieAMV
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/MoonieAMV
● Let me know if there is a certain name you want to be listed as in the video credits. If you don't say, I'll just use your DeviantArt/Facebook/Cosplay.com name.
● You have the option of recording your video in cosplay or regular clothes.
● Please have the camera stationary instead of someone holding it unless they can keep very still. (No shaky videos please)
● Please do not add any watermarks, effects or transitions to your video.
● Don't feel the need to heavily compress your video. I do not mind downloading large files at all. Send your message to me in the best quality you can!
● If you submit a message and decide later you want to redo it, that's fine. Send your replacement sometime before the deadline.
● When I get enough submissions, I'll make a note that submissions are closed.
● Avoid having lots of “uhs” or “uhms” in your message. If it helps, practice your message before you record.
● Even though the main video is anime focused, cosplayers of any fandom can participate in this.
● If you sign-up, please remember to send your message. Since I'm dealing with many people in this project, I might not be able to contact everyone that isn't finished when the deadline is very close.
● Optional Bonus Feature:
This is optional and something I though of late in the project, but if you happen to have footage of yourself in cosplay doing random fan and silly things in public, please send it in. If I get enough footage, I'm considering doing something special in the project with it. Feel free to spam me with whatever footage you have available! Please note that the no watermarks, no streaming sites and video quality (at least 720p) rules apply to this also.
Cosplay Mode is a fan AMV/CMV project and is not related to the magazine of the same name.
Original Post with participant list is available here: