Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
moonie211

Exclamation Special request to ALL cosplayers: Lend Your Voice!

UPDATE: If you haven’t already read about it, those that submit a video message will be entered in a contest for a chance to win a Premium Membership or Amazon gift card. Each participant has a chance to get up to 2 entries in the contest.
Go here for full info: http://moogle212.deviantart.com/art/...ship-535989814
----------------------------------
Hi there everyone!
I've been working on a video called "Cosplay Mode", a large AMV/CMV project that's a tribute to the many talented cosplayers around the globe.

Unlike other Cosplay tributes, this project matches the Cosplay photos to the anime its based on, features a large variety of characters new and old throughout and, of course, gives full credit to everyone including their photographer(s) featured in it. The final project will be around 26+ minutes not including the intro and message project.

For special segments in the project, I need many cosplayers to answer the questions, “Why do you like to cosplay?” and/or “What's your favorite thing about cosplaying?
If you like, you can also give encouraging advice to others wanting to start the hobby. This should be done in the form of a video message and is open to all cosplayers no matter what your experience is.

Note: If you want to say your message in another language besides English, thats fine but please only do so if you absolutely can't do an English one. Due to the way the messages are being handled in this project, having them in other languages can make things more difficult. Also, if you do yours in another language, make sure you add English subtitles (preferred) or let me know whats said in it so I can make subtitles.

Final Deadline: June 20th
.................................................. .............

Video Message Rules:

● Videos need to be at least 720p and high quality. Many digital cameras, video cameras and phones are capable of this these days.
The final project will be 1080p so anything lower than 720p would not work for this.

● Record your videos in full screen.
Please do not have large borders around the sides or top and bottom of your videos.

● Do not have any music in your recording and try to keep background noise to a minimum.
Its fine if you do your recording outside, but try to do it somewhere not too noisy.
Also, make sure your audio sounds clear and without any distortion.

● You can be silly, serious or anyway you like in your message.
There are no strict time restrictions, but its preferred that you keep your message under 1 minute if possible.
The goal you should aim for is to use no more than 20 seconds for each response.
For example: if you just answer the question "Why do you like to cosplay?", you should aim to use no more than 20 seconds. If you answer 1 question and give advise, then you should aim to use no more than 40 seconds. If you answer both questions and give advice, then you should aim for no more than 60 seconds.
Please note that your video will not be rejected if you go over that time, so if there is something you want to say and can't fit it in those time limits, then its perfectly fine to go over a bit.

● Avoid using strong language in your video. Keep it G or PG. (Try to stay family friendly)

● Do NOT upload your recording to a streaming site like YouTube. Use a service like Mediafire, Google Drive, Mega etc. and send the link to me.
You can send your recording to me in a message on YouTube, Facebook or here on this site.
My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/MoonieAMV
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/MoonieAMV

● Let me know if there is a certain name you want to be listed as in the video credits. If you don't say, I'll just use your DeviantArt/Facebook/Cosplay.com name.

.................................................. .............

Extra Notes:

● You have the option of recording your video in cosplay or regular clothes.

● Please have the camera stationary instead of someone holding it unless they can keep very still. (No shaky videos please)

● Please do not add any watermarks, effects or transitions to your video.

● Don't feel the need to heavily compress your video. I do not mind downloading large files at all. Send your message to me in the best quality you can!

● If you submit a message and decide later you want to redo it, that's fine. Send your replacement sometime before the deadline.

● When I get enough submissions, I'll make a note that submissions are closed.

● Avoid having lots of “uhs” or “uhms” in your message. If it helps, practice your message before you record.

● Even though the main video is anime focused, cosplayers of any fandom can participate in this.

● If you sign-up, please remember to send your message. Since I'm dealing with many people in this project, I might not be able to contact everyone that isn't finished when the deadline is very close.

--------------------------------------------
Optional Bonus Feature:
This is optional and something I though of late in the project, but if you happen to have footage of yourself in cosplay doing random fan and silly things in public, please send it in. If I get enough footage, I'm considering doing something special in the project with it. Feel free to spam me with whatever footage you have available! Please note that the no watermarks, no streaming sites and video quality (at least 720p) rules apply to this also.
-----------------------------------------------
Note: Cosplay Mode is a fan AMV/CMV project and is not related to the magazine of the same name.
-----------------------------------------------

Original Post with participant list is available here:
http://moogle212.deviantart.com/art/...OPEN-526510375

Last edited by moonie211 : 05-29-2015 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Need to update the project's deadline.
moonie211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

This sounds cool. I have a horrible cold though. How many do you have so far?

facebook page // nh/mass cosplay events
Next con: PortConMaine

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
moonie211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
This sounds cool. I have a horrible cold though. How many do you have so far?
I'm glad you like the idea. Right now the deadline for them is May 7th. I don't have any actual message submissions yet, but there are currently 10 participants and 3 more that said they will get back to me if they are able to join in.
Unread 04-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #4
Amanita

This sounds pretty cool, I'll have to see if I can get a short video. Do we wear our costumes for this?
Unread 04-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #5
moonie211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
This sounds pretty cool, I'll have to see if I can get a short video. Do we wear our costumes for this?
That would be awesome if you can join in. I'll go ahead and add you to the participant list.
Being in cosplay is preferred but not required. All video participants have the option of doing it in cosplay or their regular clothes.
Unread 04-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #6
AnimeAndMusical

I'll try to do it, I'm going out in cosplay tomorrow, so if all goes well...
Unread 04-18-2015, 06:43 PM   #7
moonie211

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeAndMusical View Post
I'll try to do it, I'm going out in cosplay tomorrow, so if all goes well...
I'll go ahead and add you to the list of participants. Good luck on your cosplay!
Unread 04-28-2015, 01:42 AM   #8
moonie211

Update: Since the main video will take much more time to complete, I decided to extend the message submission deadline to May 20th. That should give all participants plenty of time. I'm planning to have the final video out sometime in June.
The current participant list has been updated.
Unread 04-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
KyoKunChan
♀ Gentleman ♀

When the video is done where would we go to see it? I would love to see how it come's out.
KyoKunChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2015, 12:28 AM   #10
moonie211

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoKunChan View Post
When the video is done where would we go to see it? I would love to see how it come's out.
The final video will be uploaded on my youtube channel (MoonieAMV). I'm also gonna try to have a download version available.
Unread 05-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #11
moonie211

Hey everyone!
sorry for 2 posts in a row but I need to give some updates on the project.
The main video is getting very close to being complete. I’m still waiting until June for the release though so I can have time to go over things to make changes and tweaks if needed.

I decided that the messages are going to be put together as short segments that take place between multiple parts of the video. There is still plenty of room for participating so any cosplayers reading this, please join in if you have the time!
Remember that messages can be in video (preferred) or just audio and said in any language.

Since there are many participants, everyone needs to remember to do their part.
I may try to remind a few when the May 20th deadline is near but I can’t guarantee it.

For those unsure of what to say, it can be a simple message like:
“Hi my name is (insert name/nickname here) and I like to cosplay because (insert reason here)”
And if you wanted to advice also, it can be simple as:
“Some advice I’d like to give to anyone wanting to start cosplaying is (insert message here)
Those are just examples and your message can be anyway you like.

Please remember that messages can only be accepted in download from a site like Mediafire, Google Drive, Mega or similar. No streaming links please.

Last edited by moonie211 : 05-03-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Unread 05-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #12
SyoVal

I can probably submit something tomorrow or the day after when my house will be quiet enough to record 8)
  • Togami Byakuya/Danganronpa 45%
  • Bedman/Guilty Gear - 4%
  • White/Real Bout Fatal Fury - 1%
  • "Average protagonist"/7th Stand User - 17%
  • Ciel Phantomhive/Black Butler - 43%
SyoVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2015, 10:02 PM   #13
moonie211

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyoVal View Post
I can probably submit something tomorrow or the day after when my house will be quiet enough to record 8)
Sounds good! I'll add you to the list of participants =)

Update: Everyone, I just updated the rules/info since there has been a few changes to them since I last been here.
Also, the member list on DeviantArt has been updated.
Some changes to the first post are:

● Do not have any music in your recording and try to keep background noise to a minimum.
Its fine if you do your recording outside but try to do it somewhere not too noisy.
Also, make sure your recording sounds clear and not too low or harsh and doesn't contain static, hisses, pops etc.

● At this point, video messages are strongly recommended since they will be much easier to deal with in the project. Audio messages are still an option though but really should only be done if you just don't have any way to record or just too shy to lol.

● Don't feel the need to heavily compress your video. I do not mind downloading large files at all. Send your message to me in the best quality you can!

The sign ups are still open so feel free to join in if you can!
My goal is to get messages from many cosplayers all over the world.

Last edited by moonie211 : 05-14-2015 at 12:05 AM.
Unread 05-29-2015, 02:07 AM   #14
moonie211

Sorry for the lack of updates over here with the project.
Due to some delays getting messages and some participants having to drop, the deadline has been moved to Jun 20th.
For those that are still interested, be sure you get yours in by the date cause that is the last deadline extension.
The rules and info has been fully updated on the first post and be sure to take note of the “Optional Bonus Feature” section. This is an extra idea I thought of that will allow those that are unable to a video message to still participate in the project.

Also, I’m running a contest now to boost participation. All that submit a message video message will be entered in a contest to win a 12 month premium membership or amazon gift card! Check the first post for the link to the full details of this new contest