Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread Today, 12:37 PM   #1
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

Talking When a cosplay is suggested you actually want to do

I thought this would be a fun discussion! I am sure if you are around fellow cosplayers, be it friends, or even family, some might look at you as a perfect model of some sort of character. Even before cosplay, for some reason everybody has this fascination with dressing me up...I have a friend in particular who loves to play with my hair and one time when I was at her house, she did my hair in many styles, had me try on lots of clothes, and took pictures xD
Cosplay is no different. I had a friend look at me and think of ideas, and even my mom who really wants to get into cosplay has had ideas too.

But have you ever had that moment in which the person in question suggests you'd look awesome as a certain character, and in your mind you're like "YES YES YES, I'VE WANTED TO COSPLAY *INSERT NAME HERE* ANYWAY!"

So for me, when I was introducing my mom to the webseries RWBY, first of all she fell in love with Blake Belladonna...immediately she said "I think I can pull her off!" After saying that, she said "And you can be Ruby" in my head I was squealing, lol, I love Ruby, she has the coolest weapon, I love her hooded cloak, and of course she is all hyper and childish kinda like me. And this is awesome because since she suggested it, this means she's really gonna help me make it possible -- she says in some of her clothing magazines, they have specialty stuff for costumes like cloaks we could get. So I am really excited, the only thing that would be difficult would be Crescent Rose. A way we could get around this would probably be doing their school uniform varation, since Ruby since wears the cloak xD

So share some of your moments in which someone actually suggested a cosplay to you that you've been wanting to do. Trust me, this is a cool feeling because if someone else thinks you can pull it off, this makes you super confident that you can if you're not theo nly one thinking it!
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Currently in the works!
Kaiko Shion [blue dress - original] (Vocaloid)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote