Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 09-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
GrinningMech

Imperial Guard cosplay

So I've settled on creating an Imperial Guard uniform, for those of you who aren't familiar with the IG. They're the primary military arm of the Imperium of man in Warhammer 40k, though they have cool uniforms, they're usually just meat cans

Anywho, I'm going to follow the Cadian patter which is a dark green armored (assorted plates) with a Khakhi uniform beneath the plates.

I figured I could modify a bike helmet to make the helmet look correct, and I could purchase some Khakhi coveralls, not too expensive I think. The boots, I think I would recycle my old work boots, though I may have to dye them black.

For the armor, I figure I might buy some used football gear and spray paint it olive green, though I'm not 100 percent certain that it would look correct, I'm still optimistic

The weapon sadly was the major block. I couldn't think of a good way to create the thing or modify an existing plastic weapon, so I dropped some money and bought it from a propr store.

Anyway, I'll post some pictures once I start getting it all assembled, but does anyone have any suggestions for it?
GrinningMech is offline   Reply With Quote