Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 09-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
YaoiLover23
Ciel Phantomhive

Giving up Cosplay

Hi I'm giving up on cosplay I don't fit in to the cosplay community and I'm just not good enough for it I've been ignored on this site not like it matters anyway I'm giving my cosplays a good home I was gonna do future cosplays but that won't happen so I'm giving my cosplay stuff away
YaoiLover23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
Masenkohuh
lord of spandex

It sounds like you really haven't given it a fair chance. It takes time to build up your skills as a cosplayer! you'll get there eventually. and as for not fitting in, just keep doing it! if its something you love then don't just give up.
Fan Expo '14 lineup:
Friday: Rinoa Heartilly ~ Final Fantasy 8
Saturday: Tsunade ~ Naruto
Sunday: Envy ~ Fullmetal Alchemist
Masenkohuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Ilafatyu
That guy

How have you been ignored on this site? You have six posts. If you want to give up that's your business, but don't blame the forum.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
Sammie

Looking at the sections and posts you made people from this site haven't been ignoring you. The most critical critic I was told is always yourself. If you don't feel you have the skill level to make an entire outfit from scratch you and try piecing together an outfit and modifying it. Heck when I first started making my own outfits I didn't know how to spot the difference between quality fabric and junk fabric. Give it some time if you change your mind about it.
Sammie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
YaoiLover23
Ciel Phantomhive

I'm not blaming the forum guys okay I would tell you my life story and all and rant but I'm not cause this is a forum cosplay site not a feel sorry for me site I know that that's all I have to say
YaoiLover23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

You barely have any posts, no photos, and you've been here for a max of five months. You're "ignored" because you're not being remotely active enough for anyone to notice you. Popular cosplayers usually promote the heck out of their social media accounts to get the kind of attention they do (just giving an example, there). Likewise, being good at it takes time. The masters are usually in the hobby for a good decade or more.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #7
bubblesneverpop

Okay? If it is not fun for you then don't do it. This is too expensive of a hobby to not enjoy. However I do not think blaming the community is appropriate; it seems you haven't given it a chance. If you haven't already try going to a con or a cosplay club you should give it a try.
bubblesneverpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
builder396
Crossplayer

I just checked your previous posts, and i cen tell you why they were ignored: They were just in the back alleys where nobody really looks usually. There is one post or so thats not a back alley thingy, but generally, yeah, no wonder almost nobody really looked at your posts. So you werent ignored on purpose, you just went looking for attention in the wrong spot.

Personally, I recommend you give cosplay a serious try, I havent heard of a single person just quitting cosplay without a serious reason, just giving up seems a bit meh. My first cosplay also didnt end up being as popular as I hoped, but it was still the best experience of my life I would dare say and I dont even consider giving up on this. Just go to a con and just wait for photographers to ask you for a few shots.

Next Cosplay:
Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)

Planned cosplays:
Char B1 (Its a TANK, its not from an anime, unless you mean Girls und Panzer)
Kaito Kid (Detective Conan/Case Closed and Magic Kaito)
builder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #9
Stardust Spirit

Bye.
Stardust Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #10
TitanSlayer000
Eh

I've written a lot of replies to one of your posts. You ignored my advice and everyone else's. Being open-minded and listening to others is a good way to interact with people. If you actually tried, you would fit in.
You can still cosplay without being a part of a group, since it sounds like you already have some?

Next cosplays:
??????
TitanSlayer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2014, 02:52 AM   #11
Amanita

I used to suck at sewing, I almost flunked Home Ec sewing class, because my projects were kinda sucky. But eventually I found my motivation- being able to make cool things for myself. And I stuck with it, practicing and learning from my mistakes. Now I've got a Master's sewing award under my belt. Keep practicing and you will get better. Hang out on parts of the forum which get more traffic, take part in discussions, and interact with others. You don't have to have a group to cosplay- I sure don't!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2014, 03:47 AM   #12
Syon

There is no such things as _the_ cospaly community. This site is not "the" community, but a community and the same applies to cosplay on other site and in the real world. The cosplayer in each country could be count as entirely different communities and speaking of my own country I would even go so far and say that there the cosplayers don't even from one solid community, but various groups.

So I don't get why the lack of attention on this forum means anything regarding your hobby, which I assume you mostly live out at local conventions and while working at home on your costumes.

Next cosplay: Paladin tier 16 from WoW (blue/silver version)
Syon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #13
MissBeckyRae
Welcome to My World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syon View Post
There is no such things as _the_ cospaly community. This site is not "the" community, but a community and the same applies to cosplay on other site and in the real world. The cosplayer in each country could be count as entirely different communities and speaking of my own country I would even go so far and say that there the cosplayers don't even from one solid community, but various groups.

So I don't get why the lack of attention on this forum means anything regarding your hobby, which I assume you mostly live out at local conventions and while working at home on your costumes.
Uh...basically this whole post. I only post on here once every so often and I've only been here for six months (and I'm not doing my first cosplay until next Friday). BUT...that doesn't impact how I feel about cosplay, and it shouldn't do that for you either. If you want to leave, that's your choice, but I'm wondering if you might benefit from having a little patience not only with us, but this hobby in general.

Planned Cosplays:
NDK NYE: Bridal!Belarus
Denver Comic Con 2015: Marie Kanker (Ed, Edd, N Eddy)
NDK 2015: Fem!France (Hetalia)
Stocking Anarchy (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
Renge (Ouran High School Host Club)

Dream Cosplays:
Fem!Russia (Hetalia)
Mai Valentine (Yu-Gi-Oh)
Nico Robin (One Piece)
Meroko (Full Moon Wo Sagashite)
Chi (Chobits)
Cheerleader Konata (Lucky Star)
MissBeckyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #14
Norakun91

If you feel that you were being ignored by the "community" then you have your cosplay priorities messed up. first and foremost your cosplaying should be for you and only you. If you feel you qre being ignored than thats your own fault for even caring. If you need advice or help all of the cosplayers on this site are here to give you a guiding hand to help you do it.

If there is something going on personally in your home life then I understand. I havent been able to cosplay in 2 years cause of financial problems but if its something you love then just put it on the backburner and get your life straightened out and when your lifes good decide then if you want to get back to cosplaying.

again I dont know your life or whats going on but it always get better. Good luck and hope it all works out for you.
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #15
~Curiosity~

I don't think you've given cosplay enough of a chance before you "quit" it. Do you have any friends who cosplay? Surround yourself with them, and sometimes that's the only community you need. Maybe even try making a cosplay page. I've made a few cosplay friends that way, and I've made more by attending cons and talking to people! You just have to try a little.
~Curiosity~ is offline   Reply With Quote