Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 11-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Anime North - Costume Overload?

Heh, I'm just curious to see what people have planned for AN next year. (I know its not too early because people are already booking rooms!).

So then, what do you guys have planned?? That and how many costumes do you think is -too- many (please ignore my sig XD I'm still in the process of juggling my own costumes around for AN)

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Alexia Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
Lyulf
**STUPIFY =====*

well I have 5 planned as there is 4 days, I include thursday, and well the masquarade ball if they have it. So that is another outfit
Unread 11-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
Rayonea
Stubbornly Optimistic

I'll be there from Thursday to Monday And I'm bringing the 5 costumes in my signature. ^_^ That's one costume for every day of the con (Thurs-Sun) and a back up (Sarra) so that I can change out of Manx on Saturday for a few hours because I can only wear 3+ inch heels for so long. *is a high-heel wuss*

I personally wouldn't take more than that because I hate changing costumes throughout the day. XD I guess I'd say how many you take depends on personal preference. ^_^
Unread 11-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

Yieks and I thought 3 was a lot :P I only have the ones in my signature. Im still unsure if I am cutting it to 2 because my Robin costume doesnt look good on me.

Masquerade ball? Is that like dressing fancy or something?

I am so looking forward to having 4 full days of being in costume and glomping random people. It took me a whole month to get over the fact that CN was over.

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)

Last edited by sweet_kat22 : 11-25-2006 at 05:18 PM.
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
Uta Arashino
Owner of Olivia's Atelier

Right now, I've got four I'm doing for sure...plus whatever I already have done for whatever photoshoots I'm needed for...and I need something for the dance...and I've got to make 1-3 costumes for my boyfriend...and possibly an Organization XIII coat for a friend. D:
Uta Arashino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
Chibik3r0
Pants Pants Revolution

I honestly haven't thought of what costume I'm making for Anime North yet -_- I'm planning on attending Anime Central two weekends before hand so I'll probably only make one new costume between the two cons. Doing one for each convention last year when they were 3 weekends apart killed me.

Typically, I only make one new costume per convention so we'll see what new ones I have to wear by then. I only have one costume in mind for next year so far, that being Tekka from Beatmania IIDX, which will definitely be re-worn at Anime North It's still too early for me to figure out the big Saturday costume.

And personally, I'm a fan of one costume per day. I find if I change too often, not everyone gets a chance to see whatever costume I may be in. Just a personal preference ^_^

Anime North :: Colossal Con :: SDCC
Chibik3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
Mekou
Meow~

My plans are more just ideas right now since I'm nowhere near financially able to even think of starting anything yet. o_O I usually make 2-3 new costumes for AN (two really simple ones and one major costume) mainly because I get easily bored of my older stuff and want something new to wear. We'll see what I'm able to do by them though.

Yuna from FFX is 80% for sure right now. I really want to make something POTC related for Friday as that's when the 3rd movie comes out. Not likely I'll be able to do the Plum gown as I had originally hoped but maybe at least the shift. ^^; OTher than that, no freaking idea for AN yet. XD

Anime North 2013
- Fionna (Adventure Time)
- GT Jade (Homestuck)

--
Con/Event Photos / CosplayLab / DeviantArt / Tumblr
Mekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
Lady_Sodina
Lady Sodina

Lucia (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue) will be there for sure (as there are threats against me otherwise XD lmao. Though I've wanted to do her for a few years now anyways), my original (Vanity) gown will be there for sure as well (as I'm hoping to get it done in time for Ad Astra) and I should have a revamped Yukari for the Masquerade. Asuka is still in the air. Probably won't get done though.

I think 7 costumes is too many. I mean. I can understand one per day plus dance. That's 5 costumes. Six if you're doing two photoshoots on Saturday or something. But 7 would get crazy. I mean, I have a hard enough time BRINGING my 3 costumes with me as is ^^" So yeah.
Lady_Sodina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Only one costume so far, for the masq. And Rith, which will be finished for Ad Astra and reworn at AN.

No time... usually I make my costumes in the week before the con. I'm determined to change that this year! Finally have some fabric to get working. ^_^

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #10
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one here ^_^()

Kat: Yes the Masquearde Ball is just that it's a Ball so it's (supposed to be) formal. Right now my costume for that is top secret >.>

Edit: I still don't know if I'm going for Thursday or not. It depends whether or not my friend's dad let's us crash at his place Thursday night or if Vessa has a spare spot in her room for Thursday

Need a Hogwarts Robe?

Last edited by Alexia Ishtar : 11-25-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Alexia Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
Otaking97
Terrible Great King

I'm not going for Thursday so three is plenty for me. One is only for a photoshoot as well. The other two will be mixed up over the other days. Though I'm not sure if I will wear my outfit for Sunday when I run my events but likely will. Have Mechazawa as a guest speaker at the Fashion Show. LOL!

My HUGE ASS Anime/Manga/Figure collection:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=352110
Otaking97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #12
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

Ah I see- I dunno if I am going to that. Depends if I can get a date. I am not dancing alone lol. Erm I would ask maxy but then again it will feel strange dancing with a guy dressed as a guy... damn why are my cosplays all guys? lol

So the awkwardness of my cosplay may prevent me from particpating in this one - but theres other things to do lol.

Although- do you mean we need to be in cosplay for it -

I think maxys room is booked for thursday so Im gonna be rhere for all 4 days.

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)

Last edited by sweet_kat22 : 11-25-2006 at 10:11 PM.
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
AncientWanderer
Sidekick Cosplayer

I'm still juggling at the moment, but it looks like five. I figure this is my repurcussion for pointing and laughing at my friends as they strugged with all of THEIR costume changes :S

I don't even think we're going Thursday, either...so it'll probably be one each for Friday/Sunday, two on Saturday during the day, then a fifth if we attend the ball. It was only going to be four, but photoshoots make me want to bring costumes, dammit. :P

Last edited by AncientWanderer : 11-25-2006 at 10:45 PM.
AncientWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #14
mikcy
subject zero

I have 3 at the moment that are 100%, but I'm hoping to sneak one or two more in because I have a bunch of costumes that need to be worn. >_> I'll probably just find a fourth to wear the AN dance if I actually go to that.

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #15
Uta Arashino
Owner of Olivia's Atelier

AH! I forgot all about Thursday. D:

Jeebus. I'm doomed.
Uta Arashino is offline   Reply With Quote