Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 08-14-2002, 11:22 AM   #1
Neko Cathy

Question A Transportation Question

Ok, this would be my first time going to Katsucon so please be nice if you want to answer.

I keep hearing that one minute that it's in Arlington, VA and then it's in Crystal City... They're nearly the same, right? If so, there is a Metro stop in Crystal City and to save money from hotel rates, my group and I are planning to try to commute from a Metro station that's 10-15 mins away from my house, go to the Crystal City station and go to the convention back and forth throughout the weekend from there.

Now what I'm really asking is do you guys know that it's possible to commute from the Crystal City Metro stop to where Katsucon is being held or is it too far away from the stop? I didn't see information about using the D.C. Metro on their site, but if I did miss something and you guys saw some info, let me know. Or what would be the best recommendation- use the Metro and commute or reserve a hotel room?

I really don't want to drive there, get lost, deal with traffic or deal with more expenses like I had to deal with for Otakon (which was the worst part about going to the convention, but it was well worth going through all of that trouble).
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2002, 02:21 PM   #2
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I don't know how far it is.. if it's like the last time they were in Crystal City, you would need a taxi, especially in the evenings, as you don't want to be walking out there at night...

But one thing is DC metro closes rather early (before 1:00am in most stations on Friday and Saturday) so if you want to go to the dance you might have to leave early.

Seriously, I would cough up the cash for a hotel room. It's easier if you want to attend room parties, late-night showings, and dances, with no "oh my god did I miss the last metro" stress. ^___^