Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Vegas

Unread 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #61
Jettneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejina View Post
At banzai I didn't cosplay I did wear a stylized kimono, basicly kimono+Gothic lolita incorporated into it!
My character this year at AV is Yűko! XD OUr group will consist of the characters Kimihiro Watanuki, the spider mistress (manga only), the vestal sprite, and the rain sprite, and maybe another person is coming but were not sure. I'm going in the dress Yűko wears on vol 7 http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
It's sooo exciting! I can't wait! What are you going as?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchan View Post
Anyone planning on competing in the Masquerade!?
My sister is Tejina and we're planning on competing in the Masquerade. We've actually had to change one of our costumes b/c one of the people backed out. The con fell right when she can do the campus tour for the Visual Arts school she wants to go to She was going to be our Yuko! So now we've re-vamped it to: Tejina is going to be Yuko, I'm the Rain Sprite, our brother is Kimihiro Watanuki, LadyFellow is going to be the Spider Mistress, and Bambi is going to be the Vestal Sprite (which we aren't really sure shes coming b/c she has tons of drama at home, will be starting college right then, and her parents don't support/understand her interest and barely tolerate it).

Is there anyone else who's planning on doing xxxHolic characters? Would you like to do a group photo session? (note: photo shoots are usually not sponsored by the con so we have to arrange time and place ourselves)
Jettneko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #62
Natchan
Dare to Live

Aw thats sooo sad... I totally understand when those changes happen, and everyone has to shuffle around to make it work! Good Luck!
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #63
missrelena
Just not enough time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettneko View Post
Tejina is going to be Yuko, I'm the Rain Sprite, our brother is Kimihiro Watanuki, LadyFellow is going to be the Spider Mistress, and Bambi is going to be the Vestal Sprite
Is your Watanuki also going to be from vol 7+? (Blind in one eye) I think that would be a cool effect with one contact or an eyepatch. Especially since you have a Spider Mistress coming with you! I'm just curious.

Planned '13 costumes:
Vivaldi from Alice in the Country ofHearts,
Sanin from Hakuoki
Evil Queen from Sound Horizon Maruchen
Flemeth from Dragon Age II

Help! I'm drowning in fabric!

Member of "The No Life Kings" cosplay group!
missrelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #64
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

Uhm, hi. Can you tell I don't spend much time on the forums any longer? I hadn't even noticed this thread!

So yup, I am one-half of the Masquerade Directors. So if you have any questions, throw them my way. Although, from the looks of it, Natchan knows her stuff XD. I'll probably put the rules up after school gets out in a few weeks, but signups won't start until after AX. I'm going back to online signups this year because I was a little overwhelmed last year when I eliminated it.

I think the rules will be pretty much the same. But remember, your source material has to be from Japan. Anime, manga, J-rock, musicals -- and of course there are exceptions like Korean manhwa. I don't know if Gears of War is Japanese or not, but if it's not you unfortunately can't compete in it.

Now, onto more fun things! I will of course be cosplaying. I think I will have one new costume for this con -- Oscar from Rose of Versailles. (And of course my co-director will be Andre! He's already been told he has no choice in the matter ^_-.) I'll wear that the first day, but I'm not sure what I'll wear day 2. I think day 3 may be Ouran day. I was told at Chibifest that certain people would like to do another Ouran invasion, and it's hard to say no to that XD.

Also, I will be doing two panels the first day. One will be about cosplay, obviously. The other's about BJDs, otherwise known as Super Dollfies. I'll let you know when the times for the two panels are known!

That's it for now, I think. Remember, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask right in this thread! I might notice quicker if I have a PM, though.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #65
Natchan
Dare to Live

Yay Tenshi, yep I'm crazy and started the thread really early! I'm flattered that you think I know my stuff, *blush* thank you!

I'm totally excited for this year!
Unread 04-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #66
Kara Aconoe
.:Star-crossed Love:.

Oh my goodness I've been so out of touch with the cosplay and con community lately. My friends got me to touch base this Spring Break having realized I'm managing all of the props for our AX group this year. x-X;

Anyway! I've been going to AV for the past two years now and will gladly continue to~ Not only was it my first convention but it was where I first cosplayed too!

It's never too early to plan for a con if you ask me, especially if you're cosplaying and even more so if you're entering the masquerade! This year I think I might enter... MIGHT. I've been determined to for the longest time but I just don't know if I have the confidence to bring my group together and get something started. But we're all really excited this time around and if we can get everything down in time I'm more than willing to give it a shot. ^^;

As for cosplay this year it's still kind of sketchy but we'll probably be doing a Gravitaition and Sensual/Kaikan Phrase group as well. I'll be going as Ryuichi from Gravitation and either Atsuro or Sakuya from Sensual/Kaikan Phrase depending on if we're doing a skit of any sort for it or not. I might be going as Chise from Saikano as well, but I'm debating on going as her for AX this year too. I guess we'll see~

It's definitely nice to see you all so enthusiastic so soon, I always thought I was a bit crazy for getting all hyped up as soon as it ended every year. XD
Kara Aconoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #67
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

Kara, don't be afraid to enter the masquerade. It's always a little nervewracking to get up on stage the first time, but once you start your act you'll have a blast! We're all just here to have a good time, so have fun on stage .

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #68
Kara Aconoe
.:Star-crossed Love:.

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, Tenshi~ I really do admire you and all of the other cosplayers who participate in the masquerade. In fact my friends and I had a little chat with a few of the people who participated in it last year and it was really fun to hear from them. More than anything I'd like for my friends to at least shine in the spotlight after all of their hardwork on cosplay for the few years we've been cosplaying. They've really come a long way! I know they'll be helping me convince myself that we can put on a great show for everyone too. ^^
Kara Aconoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #69
Natchan
Dare to Live

Kara! Welcome to the AV thread! You should totally listen to Tenshi and enter in the Masquerade, its super fun and I think you'd be great! Everyone is great, afterall cosplayers should shine inthe spotlight and show off their hard work in full!
Unread 04-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #70
Sir_Integra
Cosplay Diva

*slips in and sits in corner of room*

All Eyes On me In The Center Of The Ring, Just Like A Circus
Sir_Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #71
Natchan
Dare to Live

Oh no you don't Sir Integra! *grabs Sir Integra by arm and forces her to sit at welcome desk* You can sit right here by me! *hugs*
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #72
Sir_Integra
Cosplay Diva

Yay! *cling*

All Eyes On me In The Center Of The Ring, Just Like A Circus
Sir_Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #73
missrelena
Just not enough time!

I glomp Sir_Integra! That's what you get for trying to sit alone in the corner!

Kara, you should totally enter the masq! It has been the most fun that I've had at a con so far! The judges are the best! They know their stuff, are super-fun, and are wonderful at putting the contestants at ease. And of course, Tenshi and her cohort are so much fun to work with! Its just a great time all the way around, and we'll all be there to cheer you on!

Planned '13 costumes:
Vivaldi from Alice in the Country ofHearts,
Sanin from Hakuoki
Evil Queen from Sound Horizon Maruchen
Flemeth from Dragon Age II

Help! I'm drowning in fabric!

Member of "The No Life Kings" cosplay group!
missrelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 12:27 AM   #74
rcstott

Hi I'm Rich, and that's all you need to know (other than what is in store for the event this year). More space, (taking the upper deck and the theater for two days). More programming (including late night stuff for those of us 18+). More Cosplayers (nuff said). More entertainment (like bands and other live events that are so secret I can't tell you yet). Everything is more (moe?). Check it out on the site, seems we are announcing something new every few days (and we are still 5 months away).

R
rcstott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #75
Natchan
Dare to Live

There you have it folks from the man himself. GO TO ANIME VEGAS! Its freaking awsome, and you won't regret it I swear!