Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 12-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
EmeraldRay2K
Beginning Cosplayer

Help with Princess Hilda?

Reference Picture: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...da_Artwork.jpg
So, I'm cosplaying Princess Hilda and I have a few things. The crown, the armor, the belt pieces but not the belt itself, the under-dress, and the wig. Now I'll move on to what I don't have. I need the gloves, ears, earrings, and belt. I also may need a petticoat. Any help with finding these is appreciated, but I'm most stuck on my earrings and my tabard, which I am currently making. I mean, I already made the tabard; I just need to paint it.
I am debating whether or not to hand-paint it without a guide other than a picture and just use a ruler to get the measurements. If not that, I don't know what else.
Moving on to the earrings, I don't know what to make them out of. I first thought craft foam would be usable if I stayed far enough away from the edges when cutting the middle out, but alas, no luck. I could make them from wood, right? I also have the hooks for the earrings. How am I supposed to connect them? Glue?
Also, I need help with the staff. I can't find any dowels long enough for it, and I have no idea what to do for the top part.
And of course I still need a good place to find good gloves of the correct length and possibly red contacts? There's also a need for the right color of purple lipstick for a low price. Under ten dollars.
Thank you!

Cosplay Progress

Princess Hilda (TLoZ: ALBW) | 100%

Planned Cosplays
Toy Chica (FNaF)
Ringo Akai (Tokyo Mew Mew)
EmeraldRay2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

I can't help with everything, but I'd advise against wood earrings, only because of the weight. They are fairly large, so if you need something more stable, try cardboard. You can use jewelry wire inside the edges so they connect together? Otherwise just make enough of a flat surface to glue them.

As for the dowels, have you tried hardware stores? Or just using a broom staff (removing the duster part), can work too. Dollar stores are gold mines, check for random items you can use, modify or build upon. For the top part, I'd just make a paper pattern first, until you get the shape you need, and use whatever material you like best. I'd probably use cardboard, but I've seen people use foam, with paper mache/paper clay, wood, etc.

Upcoming...
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Hanzo (Samurai Warriors 3)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
EmeraldRay2K
Beginning Cosplayer

Update: I did end up making wood earrings. They are thin and lightweight, and I connected them using chains and hooks. They will have to do.
I have thought of using a broom for the staff, but I'm still stumped of the rest of it. I have been considering, once again, using some light wood, or not doing the triforce at the top at all, as I have seen some people do that.

Cosplay Progress

Princess Hilda (TLoZ: ALBW) | 100%

Planned Cosplays
Toy Chica (FNaF)
Ringo Akai (Tokyo Mew Mew)
EmeraldRay2K is offline   Reply With Quote