Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 452 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 07-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #1531
puddle_jumper
kani honehone a ka ukulel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcebewitya View Post
I was planning on doing Goron Link as my next cosplay but then decided against it. I'd like to do it still in the future if funds allow me to.

Forcebewitya.
That would be wonderful to see!
How would one go about that? Would it have to be a furry?
puddle_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #1532
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Has anyone seen someone cosplay the Zora Queen from TP? I was just looking at some screenshots of the game and remembered how pretty she was.(>< Zoras are my favorite, I always wanted to be one..so I could swim fast and leap out of the water like Link can in MM XD)

*I found a nice black unitard that will work out with my costume so I am content with that, now I need to find good ears..and also some foam...*
Unread 07-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #1533
Imbeorodwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddle_jumper View Post
That would be wonderful to see!
How would one go about that? Would it have to be a furry?
I bet one could create a mascot suit and possible use a strong tough leathery fabric maybe? IT would be kick ass to see a goron-link one day
Imbeorodwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #1534
abellabella
Softy 4 grn eye anime men

Hey everyone! I'm just returning to this thread to thank those who had helped me (i'm pretty sure someone did >>; ) and of course to post a friendly link to the finished costume...thought this was the appropriate place...
Skull Kid:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...60&member=7297
Unread 07-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #1535
EvilAuthor
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbeorodwen View Post
I bet one could create a mascot suit and possible use a strong tough leathery fabric maybe? IT would be kick ass to see a goron-link one day
Leather? Oooo. Yea...That'd need for a winter convention or the person in side would die.
Well, you could use dancer's fabric. It's the stuff leotards are made of and swim suits are made out of a special type of dancer fabric. That'd make it lighter and cooler. Use two layers so it's not see-through and then maybe piping to make the body look fat and round...like a hoop skirt...Oh! Or make a type of armor and use the fabric over it! Crap...I suddenly want to design a Goron costume.
Unread 07-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #1536
EvilAuthor
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by abellabella View Post
Hey everyone! I'm just returning to this thread to thank those who had helped me (i'm pretty sure someone did >>; ) and of course to post a friendly link to the finished costume...thought this was the appropriate place...
Skull Kid:
GASP! That costume is AWESOME! What cons do you go to? I'm working on a Majora's Mask Link and I'd love to get photos with you!
Unread 07-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #1537
AgentAdaW
2nd Division Captain

@abellabella- sooo awesome, really, really great!!!!

@strawberrii- i saw some pictures from AnimeNEXT (which was last week - didn't go, but i know a few people who did) of someone dressed as Rutella, it was really awesome.

EDIT: look on page 99 of this thread- user name 'umister' she posted a few pix of her Rutella.
Cosplay: Friday: Ordon Village Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess), Shalua Rui (FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus), Saturday: Soi Fon (Bleach), Sunday: Vincent Valentine (FFVII) (all my friends are being Turks, i can't NOT bring Vinny!!!)

Currently working on:
Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
Claire Bennet (Heroes)
Ishida Uryuu- Quincy final form (Bleach)
my website! (http://www.whalewithatophat.com
*save the cheerleader, save the world* (i <3 'heroes')

Last edited by AgentAdaW : 07-11-2007 at 10:54 PM.
AgentAdaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #1538
Cubed_Link
Son of Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentAdaW View Post
@abellabella- sooo awesome, really, really great!!!!

@strawberrii- i saw some pictures from AnimeNEXT (which was last week - didn't go, but i know a few people who did) of someone dressed as Rutella, it was really awesome.

EDIT: look on page 99 of this thread- user name 'umister' she posted a few pix of her Rutella.
Just thought I would help a buddy out

Rutella:
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSCN0884.jpg

"A sword weilds no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage."

"I am a Time Lord. I'm not a human being. I walk in eternity."
Cubed_Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #1539
puddle_jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by abellabella View Post
Skull Kid:
That is just a freakin' awesome skull kid!!
How did you do your skin?
That looks great!
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #1540
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAuthor View Post
Leather? Oooo. Yea...That'd need for a winter convention or the person in side would die.
lol, yeah. Either that or rig up a cooling unit. The body would be big enough for something like that. I've also researched cold pack vests that you can submerge in ice water for a while and you're good for 2-5 hours or freeze the packs in the freezer and then put them in the vest. I found them when I was looking for ways to comfortably wear my Dark Link. lol.

It's generally for people with heat intolerant conditions and such (like M.S.), but you can find them all over google just by searching for "cold vest". They do run for around $80+ though so be prepared for that if you were thinking about getting one, since now you're on a Goron kick. lol ^_^

-InkyLink
A&G Ohio - ACEN - ColossalCon - YoumaCon
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #1541
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

AgentAdaW :: Sounds awesome~

Cubed_Link :: Senkyuuu.
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:53 PM   #1542
Cubed_Link
Son of Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberiiSheik View Post
AgentAdaW :: Sounds awesome~

Cubed_Link :: Senkyuuu.
Quite Welcome

"A sword weilds no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage."

"I am a Time Lord. I'm not a human being. I walk in eternity."
Cubed_Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #1543
EvilAuthor
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyLink View Post
lol, yeah. Either that or rig up a cooling unit. The body would be big enough for something like that. I've also researched cold pack vests that you can submerge in ice water for a while and you're good for 2-5 hours or freeze the packs in the freezer and then put them in the vest. I found them when I was looking for ways to comfortably wear my Dark Link. lol.

It's generally for people with heat intolerant conditions and such (like M.S.), but you can find them all over google just by searching for "cold vest". They do run for around $80+ though so be prepared for that if you were thinking about getting one, since now you're on a Goron kick. lol ^_^

-InkyLink
I might need to suggest that to my friend Umbra.
We're going to be doing a skit for Animazement [my local con] next year. As Lopunny, she's going to kill my Link in a mini stage combat. Normally, this might not be an issue, but her costume is made out of fake fur and will include a mascot styled helmet. Lopunny's ears are so large that she's going to be putting a system of fans in the ears.

Because of the skit...In addition to my Tatl, I will be making a pink fairy so bring me back to life after I die.
Speaking of...We're going to be pre recording the skit, so if anyone knows where to get Zelda sound effects, I would be ever so grateful.
I need the Song of Time, pink fairy life saving sounds, Tatl's bell ringing, that ANNOYING sound when you are running out of hearts, and the sound of Link dying.

...I still want to design a Goron cosplay. Sounds like fun
Unread 07-12-2007, 12:22 AM   #1544
Honey Usagi-chi

I don't think it's necessary to go so far as to rig up a cooling unit. My suggestion would be to get a 1/2 spandex & 1/2 cotton bodysuit, then get lots of polyfil (Pillow & plush toy stuffing) and to keep it formed for the stomach/leg muscles sew it into some cheap muslin, or else you'll look reaaaaalllllyy lumpy O_o. If you had to you could wear a dual layered body suit too.....x3 but it'd take forever for me to get into detail about that.
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 12:22 AM   #1545
puddle_jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAuthor View Post
I might need to suggest that to my friend Umbra.
We're going to be doing a skit for Animazement [my local con] next year. As Lopunny, she's going to kill my Link in a mini stage combat. Normally, this might not be an issue, but her costume is made out of fake fur and will include a mascot styled helmet. Lopunny's ears are so large that she's going to be putting a system of fans in the ears.

Because of the skit...In addition to my Tatl, I will be making a pink fairy so bring me back to life after I die.
Speaking of...We're going to be pre recording the skit, so if anyone knows where to get Zelda sound effects, I would be ever so grateful.
I need the Song of Time, pink fairy life saving sounds, Tatl's bell ringing, that ANNOYING sound when you are running out of hearts, and the sound of Link dying.

...I still want to design a Goron cosplay. Sounds like fun
found a great site for those sound effects!
http://noproblo.dayjo.org/ZeldaSounds/