Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 625 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 07-12-2007, 02:20 AM   #1546
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin
 
Forcebewitya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,957
Well my plan for Goron Link was to make a mascot suite and then cover it with liquid latex so it would appear like skin. I just think it would be awesome to wear since NO one would know it was me lol. I'd rig cooling it it though like everyone said there would be plenty of room so why not? CPU fans work great the 501st Stormtroopers use em all the time in their helmets.

Forcebewitya.
__________________
Cosplay's in Progress

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%


One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details






Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #1547
puddle_jumper
kani honehone a ka ukulel
 
puddle_jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcebewitya View Post
Well my plan for Goron Link was to make a mascot suite and then cover it with liquid latex so it would appear like skin. I just think it would be awesome to wear since NO one would know it was me lol. I'd rig cooling it it though like everyone said there would be plenty of room so why not? CPU fans work great the 501st Stormtroopers use em all the time in their helmets.

Forcebewitya.
I would love to see that! You could even do goron link from MM.
__________________
Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water's surface reflects growth."
[color="Teal"][i]
http://www.npccostumes.com
puddle_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #1548
MrDue
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 38
iam actauly planning on making a Ganondorf costume and i want to make te face as a latex mask.. but i have no idea where to get the materials or how it works... so if anone want to help me out !?!
__________________
The Emperor is my strenght ... and the power armour doesn't hurt either.
MrDue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #1549
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link
 
InkyLink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Usagi-chi View Post
I don't think it's necessary to go so far as to rig up a cooling unit. My suggestion would be to get a 1/2 spandex & 1/2 cotton bodysuit, then get lots of polyfil (Pillow & plush toy stuffing) and to keep it formed for the stomach/leg muscles sew it into some cheap muslin, or else you'll look reaaaaalllllyy lumpy O_o. If you had to you could wear a dual layered body suit too.....x3 but it'd take forever for me to get into detail about that.
Oh, I was talking about if they wanted to have the skin be leather. Then it might be pretty necessary. Going by way of making the mascot suit and lining it with leather would be the coolest looking, in my opinion though. It's the coolest looking for natural skin texture and feel. ^_^

But actually they might want a cooling unit with your plan too. Nytengale pretty much did exactly what you suggested for her Phantom Ganon to bulk up a bit, and she said she was burning up on a 65 degree day. All depends on the person though I suppose. ^_^

-InkyLink
__________________
Cosplays Planned for 10 - 11:
Serge 80% - Secret cosplay: 0% - Remaking and finishing last bits of Dark Link costumes
Upcoming Conventions:
A&G Ohio - ACEN - ColossalCon - YoumaCon
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #1550
skye_fall
perfectionist, much?
 
skye_fall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 218
here's a quick progress shot of the base dress:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../CIMG0622_.jpg

i'm aware that the designs are a little too close together.. should have planned the size a little better. those particular stencils to entirely TOO long to do (i think it took me nine or ten hours total to get all of that done).
skye_fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #1551
Imbeorodwen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye_fall View Post
here's a quick progress shot of the base dress:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../CIMG0622_.jpg

i'm aware that the designs are a little too close together.. should have planned the size a little better. those particular stencils to entirely TOO long to do (i think it took me nine or ten hours total to get all of that done).
It's looking great so far! Keep up the good work!
Imbeorodwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #1552
Enchurito
Pantaloner
 
Enchurito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 182
I'm wondering is there anyway to permanantly link to www.aradani.com on the top of every page of this thread? It seems like someone asks the "where can I get ears" question like every other page. Just seems like it would cut down on posts to this thread if we could do that somehow.
__________________
OMG Mis Pantalones Es En Fuego!
Enchurito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #1553
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.
 
Sheik Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 579
Ears..eheh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchurito View Post
I'm wondering is there anyway to permanantly link to www.aradani.com on the top of every page of this thread? It seems like someone asks the "where can I get ears" question like every other page. Just seems like it would cut down on posts to this thread if we could do that somehow.
I did find those ears..I just didn't like how the long ones pointed upwards so much...but I guess I could try and readjust them. >>; Man 30 bucks..@_@ Ah well. It cost to look cool..heheh.
__________________
--SheikChan--
My Cosplay Page!
Sheik Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 10:08 PM   #1554
Gowa-chan
. . . is bored now.
 
Gowa-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberiiSheik View Post
I did find those ears..I just didn't like how the long ones pointed upwards so much...but I guess I could try and readjust them. >>; Man 30 bucks..@_@ Ah well. It cost to look cool..heheh.
There are other sized ears as well-the small anime ears are what I bought to replace my Vaati ones, and they don't stick out a lot.
My friend was wearing my extra pair of the small ears here:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1172436
These ones are only $10 or so.
__________________
Gowa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #1555
Honey Usagi-chi
Registered User
 
Honey Usagi-chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 875
Yeah, I'm trying to not get the ears I'm getting for Midna stick up so much, but hopefully the helmet will play in for that part. & Skye-fall, I love your Zelda so far! I'm soooo in love with that dress! I'm scared of those designs, that'll be so frustrating for me as I draw, but never paint, especially with fabric. It's not much of a problem, but the fact that it's the same thing and it must look the same all the way 'round the dress.....*sigh* Especially to get in such a strict design, Midna's body design is much more shapey and loose.
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #1556
skye_fall
perfectionist, much?
 
skye_fall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 218
@honey usagi-chi: that's where the magic of stencils come in. I ended up cutting eight of the same designs out of freezer paper and painting the designs on. And I find it really funny that Midna's designs scares the bejesus out of me, and vice versa XD Now to go attack another piece of freezer paper with a pair of scissors >_>

Imbeorodwen: Thanks!
skye_fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #1557
AgentAdaW
2nd Division Captain
 
AgentAdaW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 530
@strawberri- here's another site that has ears (it's where i bought mine. I got the "moon elf" ears, and i'm really happy with them):

EDIT: UGH! i can't directly link it for some reason! the website is www.amphigory.com . look in the "latex prosthetics" section for the ears- the nav bar is on the tippy top of the page.
__________________
Next Con... Otakon
Cosplay: Friday: Ordon Village Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess), Shalua Rui (FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus), Saturday: Soi Fon (Bleach), Sunday: Vincent Valentine (FFVII) (all my friends are being Turks, i can't NOT bring Vinny!!!)

Currently working on:
Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
Claire Bennet (Heroes)
Ishida Uryuu- Quincy final form (Bleach)
my website! (http://www.whalewithatophat.com
*save the cheerleader, save the world* (i <3 'heroes')

Last edited by AgentAdaW : 07-14-2007 at 06:03 PM.
AgentAdaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 02:43 AM   #1558
Honey Usagi-chi
Registered User
 
Honey Usagi-chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye_fall View Post
@honey usagi-chi: that's where the magic of stencils come in. I ended up cutting eight of the same designs out of freezer paper and painting the designs on. And I find it really funny that Midna's designs scares the bejesus out of me, and vice versa XD Now to go attack another piece of freezer paper with a pair of scissors >_>

Imbeorodwen: Thanks!
Haha! Stencils are GOD! You can get stencil kits for cheap at Walmart too! *runs away to the Walmart* Midna's designs are really curvy and free, which is another drawing aspect to her. 'Course I'm talking bout her imp form, I ain' quite ready to tackle the spoiler form (And I'd be roasted on a spit in my front yard by my friend if I dare think of spoiling it to her *cowers*) The hard part would be the straight lines of the greenish neon~ness but that can be tackled >=3

Can't wait to see your Zelda finished!
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #1559
skye_fall
perfectionist, much?
 
skye_fall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Usagi-chi View Post
Haha! Stencils are GOD! You can get stencil kits for cheap at Walmart too! *runs away to the Walmart* Midna's designs are really curvy and free, which is another drawing aspect to her. 'Course I'm talking bout her imp form, I ain' quite ready to tackle the spoiler form (And I'd be roasted on a spit in my front yard by my friend if I dare think of spoiling it to her *cowers*) The hard part would be the straight lines of the greenish neon~ness but that can be tackled >=3

Can't wait to see your Zelda finished!

They have stencil kits at walmart? >_> Meh. The freezer paper worked pretty well, and I got 150 square feet for five bucks XD

My friend and I were going to tackle spoiler!Midna at the beginning of the summer, but we kind of stared at the design and went "...Uh. Right. NO." I would have killed her if she wanted to do the Imp form XDD You better show the final product of your imp form when the time comes!

By the by, how does one put on Zelda's shoulder armor? I have the pieces made, but I'm having some slight issues of the physics of it all. I was thinking of just using elastics to keep the damned things on. (Why does she not have it connecting in the back. WHY?)
skye_fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #1560
Honey Usagi-chi
Registered User
 
Honey Usagi-chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 875
Lawls, the entire thing of Midna will be shown at my still under-construction cosplay site: http://www.zephira.net/cosplay x3 I thought the Imp form to be a bit more original than the spoiler form anyway xD I just have a thing for cute lil' magical creatures.

I originally thought having elastic safety pinned into the dress in the back right behind the connector hoops (Zelda has them in the back), probably in the front too, that way it'd hold on secretly *ninja poof*
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.