Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 568 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 07-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #1561
Imbeorodwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye_fall View Post
They have stencil kits at walmart? >_> Meh. The freezer paper worked pretty well, and I got 150 square feet for five bucks XD

My friend and I were going to tackle spoiler!Midna at the beginning of the summer, but we kind of stared at the design and went "...Uh. Right. NO." I would have killed her if she wanted to do the Imp form XDD You better show the final product of your imp form when the time comes!

By the by, how does one put on Zelda's shoulder armor? I have the pieces made, but I'm having some slight issues of the physics of it all. I was thinking of just using elastics to keep the damned things on. (Why does she not have it connecting in the back. WHY?)
I just had some connector rings in the back and chained it together with a golden chain and slipped it over my head. It worked pretty well for me.
Imbeorodwen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #1562
MisatoNpenpen
Eskimo sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Zelda View Post

MisatoNpenpen: Hey! omg I miss yooooou! The next time you're in CA, lemme know! We HAVE to do another Zelda/Midna photoshoot! ^____^ Did you see the ones Sleepy (Paul) took? omg! They're SO awesome!

D: I miss you tooo ;_;
Are you going to come to FL/GA any time? I heard you're going to Dragon, but I won't be able to afford that >.<
those pictures are pure epicness
Unread 07-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #1563
EvilAuthor
Mostly Harmless

Well, I started working on my tunic this weekend. YAY! The fabric is a bit thinner then I first thought so I'll need to wear something under it. I was going to be wearing shorts under it anyway since my Link cosplay will be for a skit and I'm not sure how much higher I'll be then the audience.

Anyway. This means I'm getting a lot done. I have about 80 of my tunic done, Tatl is basically done except for final touches, my hat is done. I commission my sword [resin. WHOO!] and one of my friends has great ideas for my shield.
Other then my secret stuff, I'm almost set for progress pics.
Unread 07-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #1564
VK-Kitty
Looking for golden bugs!

Ears! Oh No!

Amphigory is out of Moon Elf ears. They are being ordered and they said they should come in about 2-3 weeks from now. Just thought everyone might want to know this.

I need mine for AnimeFest and I'm praying that they will get some quickly but I suppose that I can wear Agitha without them if I absolutely have to.
VK-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #1565
KairiGurl
KairiGurl

I'm wondering. Are there any LoZ cosplayers going to AWA this year? Well I'm sure there are, but speak up. If so, then we should take pictures together. I'm going to be Princess Zelda from Twilight Princess by the way. I might have a Link with me, but probably not. Anyways, thanks!
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #1566
KairiGurl
KairiGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye_fall View Post
By the by, how does one put on Zelda's shoulder armor? I have the pieces made, but I'm having some slight issues of the physics of it all. I was thinking of just using elastics to keep the damned things on. (Why does she not have it connecting in the back. WHY?)

Oh oh oh oh oh! Ok, so what I'm doing is putting velcro (sp?) on the inside of my armor, and then on the back of my dress (on the straps I mean). I haven't tried it yet because I can't seem to find my velcro anywhere, but I'm pretty sure it will work very good. Ahhhhhhh gosh I'm so excited to get this thing done. And I ordered my wig today. This is probably the coolest thing I have ever ever done. I should take some pictures of my completed armor. I would have to say it amazes me I did it.
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #1567
EvilAuthor
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KairiGurl View Post
I'm wondering. Are there any LoZ cosplayers going to AWA this year? Well I'm sure there are, but speak up. If so, then we should take pictures together. I'm going to be Princess Zelda from Twilight Princess by the way. I might have a Link with me, but probably not. Anyways, thanks!
Well, I AM going to AWA this year [or at the very least making every effort] and my Majora's Mask Link MIGHT be ready for a test run then. I'll have my hat, tunic, and boots by then, just no props yet.
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #1568
KairiGurl
KairiGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAuthor View Post
Well, I AM going to AWA this year [or at the very least making every effort] and my Majora's Mask Link MIGHT be ready for a test run then. I'll have my hat, tunic, and boots by then, just no props yet.
Oh fun. We should met up.
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #1569
TR Rose
Meowing About

I've started on my Zelda dress, but I have to seriously alter it now - the bottom is much too wide, so I'm going to bring in the seams to make it less huge - and I need to make the purple and ivory pieces one dress (it's just too bulky with double layers, and it doesn't lay flat).

Back to ye olde drawinge boarde...
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #1570
VK-Kitty
Looking for golden bugs!

Dye help.

Does anyone have any experience with dying fabric? I have two gloves in prom style, i.e. (stretchy and shiny), and they are red. I need them brown. I have some of the RIT dark brown fabric dye(powder kind) and some RIT Color Remover. Does anyone have experience with the color remover? Do I even need to use it as long as I follow the instructions on the dye box? I'm ok with it being redish brown, but will the color even adhere to it if it isn't stripped first? Needing advice, thank you!
Unread 07-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #1571
puddle_jumper
kani honehone a ka ukulel

rit dye won't "stick" very well to fabrics that aren't natural fibers.
If it is a blend, it will end up much lighter than the box. For example, if you die a 50% poly %50 cotton shirt a dark red, it will turn out a very light pink.
I don't think those kind of gloves will hold a dye job.
Rit color remover works well but it smells like urine.

Hate to say it, but i think your best bet may be to buy some new gloves.
puddle_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #1572
VK-Kitty
Looking for golden bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddle_jumper View Post
rit dye won't "stick" very well to fabrics that aren't natural fibers.
If it is a blend, it will end up much lighter than the box. For example, if you die a 50% poly %50 cotton shirt a dark red, it will turn out a very light pink.
I don't think those kind of gloves will hold a dye job.
Rit color remover works well but it smells like urine.

Hate to say it, but i think your best bet may be to buy some new gloves.
Well, in that case does anyone know where I can get a pair of brown gloves for my Agitha costume that don't cost over $20? Because it's driving me crazy trying to find them. I've been watching ebay like a hawk, but there haven't been any in the right length, color, or size, because I am plus sized and I have man hands >.<.
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #1573
skye_fall
perfectionist, much?

@ VK-Kitty: Shatteredshards posted this in a thread in the general costuming help about dyes that take to synthetic fibers well: dharmatrading.com

I know your pain of searching for gloves that aren't expensive and the right length. I had to find a pair of opera length gloves for the Zelda costume. They were all at least thirty or forty dollars online >_>

Good luck with the dyeing!

devart | space | cspace | Achievement

I am...
Soifon -- VLARP presents Bleach 2008
Princess Zelda/Sheik -- VLARP presents Nintendo 2009

skye_fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #1574
VK-Kitty
Looking for golden bugs!

Well, I've already bought the dyes, I've had the gloves forever. So I am going to try and strip the color when I am home alone and open the doors and windows, and air out the house so it isn't too smelly. Then I will dye them and if they work, then yay! If not, I go buy them from one of the sites I will hopefully find.
Thanks for the pee smell warning, very good to know what I should expect!!
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #1575
Honey Usagi-chi

Wow, man, TR Rose had a link to a fabulous place, where they sell really high quality gloves, in 22 different colors and styles for cheap.

http://stores.ebay.com/ANGELS-BRIDAL-SHOP

I'm still surprised that people had trouble finding gloves. *Ebay is the source of life!* This is where I'm getting gloves for my current in-progress cosplays....
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote