Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 462 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 12-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #211
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyosa View Post
Speaking of foam... I've got enough to make like 3 shields right now!! (which... I just might :-p)

Gonna start working on sculpting it tomorrow. as well as the master-sword.

I also got some materials today to make a "stage combat" friendly version of Links' "chainmail". (it's impractacle to roll around in chainmail on stage...) I hope it turns out well o_o. More details as these and other updates as they progress!
Heh, yeah you and me both ^_^ I'm actually eventually planning on making a few more sheilds out of the stuff. I want to make the TP Hylian Shield and one other one too.

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #212
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyosa View Post
Speaking of foam... I've got enough to make like 3 shields right now!! (which... I just might :-p)

Gonna start working on sculpting it tomorrow. as well as the master-sword.

I also got some materials today to make a "stage combat" friendly version of Links' "chainmail". (it's impractacle to roll around in chainmail on stage...) I hope it turns out well o_o. More details as these and other updates as they progress!
ooo neat. I want to make my own chainmail but I have a high quality really really pretty one picked out for cheaper than average. It's perfect, but it is the average 35 lbs. or something like that, so not good to run around in but for badass effect it's awesome! lol

-InkyLink
A&G Ohio - ACEN - ColossalCon - YoumaCon
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #213
CosplayerJJ
Gamer and cosplayer

Hey, I finally have TP for the cube, and I have pictures of me in full cosplay of LInk picking it up.
Link in Zora Armor from Twilight Princess- 0%
Ganondorf Twilight Princess-1%
Secret Cosplay- 0%
Cons I will be at: Fanime, Stockton Con, SacAnime, and maybe Yaoi Con.
http://www.ghostbustergame.com
CosplayerJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #214
Captain Jack
CosBlade Founder

Oye! Anybody happen upon a good replica Hylian Shield? I'm working on Link's Twilight Princess costume, like so many of you guys are. Can't find any good ones and don't have the time/know-how to make one. Got a lot of work to do before Anime-LA.

Any help is awesome.

Official Rum Party Website:
http://www.piraterumparty.com
Captain Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 07:16 PM   #215
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
Oye! Anybody happen upon a good replica Hylian Shield? I'm working on Link's Twilight Princess costume, like so many of you guys are. Can't find any good ones and don't have the time/know-how to make one. Got a lot of work to do before Anime-LA.

Any help is awesome.
Pikminlink takes commissions but I don't know how booked she is right now.
Otherwise Aaron Granofsky of www.fiberglassblades.com is selling one for $375 and one for $325. They're expensive but they're awesome.

-InkyLink
Unread 12-13-2006, 02:45 AM   #216
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

but PL doesnt commision Zelda stuff. Also Aaron's are from OoT not TP so I dont know what to tell ya...if I was still doing commissions I'd offer but I'm not...good luck.

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #217
MasterSwordette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosplayerJJ View Post
Hey, I finally have TP for the cube, and I have pictures of me in full cosplay of LInk picking it up.
can't wait to see them ^_^. Are you going to be doing any cosplay related to TP JJ?
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #218
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcebewitya View Post
but PL doesnt commision Zelda stuff. Also Aaron's are from OoT not TP so I dont know what to tell ya...if I was still doing commissions I'd offer but I'm not...good luck.

Forcebewitya.
Oh yeah I forgot that about PL. I just saw Hylian Shield and didn't think about how he wanted a TP Link either, oops. Basically my last post was a total failure. >_< lol.

Aaron doesn't often take commissions since he's finishing up school, but you could ask him if he has the time and he'll probably tell you a quote.
-InkyLink
Unread 12-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #219
Mystic~
aka Darth Sunshine

Prop making isn't my forte, and I've been looking into finding someone to I can commision Zelda's TP sword from. No luck so far either.
Mystic~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #220
Breeface
No wai.

I don't think I am that good at making props either but I continue to do it and learn from my god-awful mistakes...and there are MANY of those. XD;
My Zidane Butterfly Sword prop was the first prop I ever made and believe me... there was ALOT of trial and error in the process of it. But once I got it it was awesome <3 I honestly think that making props yourself gives you a greater feeling of achievement. Even if it doesn't turn out the best the first time :] I mean... when you work hard on a costume and you FINALLY finish it and look at the finished product...doesnt it make you feel awwweesome? It's the same with props x]
But... that might just be me. :x

Now all the people who do commissions are gunna get mad at me for trying to encouraging everyone to try it themselves XDD;;

Deviantart ~ Myspace

---

Convention/Gathering List:
NONE this year I don't think... Because my job sucks. :C

---

In progress:
Alita: Battle Angel
Secret Pokemon~
Breeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 03:22 PM   #221
Heero Masaki
King of Sexy Janken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeface View Post
I don't think I am that good at making props either but I continue to do it and learn from my god-awful mistakes...and there are MANY of those. XD;
My Zidane Butterfly Sword prop was the first prop I ever made and believe me... there was ALOT of trial and error in the process of it. But once I got it it was awesome <3 I honestly think that making props yourself gives you a greater feeling of achievement. Even if it doesn't turn out the best the first time :] I mean... when you work hard on a costume and you FINALLY finish it and look at the finished product...doesnt it make you feel awwweesome? It's the same with props x]

Now all the people who do commissions are gunna get mad at me for trying to encouraging everyone to try it themselves XDD;;
I agree, your own props are what can make your costume unique it's like all your own well thought ideas and hard work that put it all together to make some foam and cardboard/wood etc into a sword.
I am kind of happy with how my TP Props are coming along but next time I could do better because it's a learning experience I think as is all parts of cosplay not just props.

YouTube ~ My YouTube Channel ~

Eternal Hero ~ My Website ~

DeviantArt ~ My DeviantArt. ~

CURE ~ CURE Cosplay Profile. ~
Heero Masaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #222
White Mushroom
*bops you on head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeface View Post
I honestly think that making props yourself gives you a greater feeling of achievement. Even if it doesn't turn out the best the first time :] I mean... when you work hard on a costume and you FINALLY finish it and look at the finished product...doesnt it make you feel awwweesome? It's the same with props x]
;
I agree completely. When you get something made it may look awesome but there isn't that sentimental value you have towards it. When you make it,however, it sometimes becomes your favorite part of the outfit. Also sometimes you can tell that a prop wasn't made from that person. If you make it yourself, it has your talents and abilities in it. it just goes better with the whole thing.

But of course if you don't have the talent, it's perfectly fine to commission a piece. I bear no ill feelings to those that do^_^
White Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 04:29 PM   #223
Tsuyosa
Tsuyosa

Little update...
Costume: The fake-mail is almost done! It's not really mail at all actually.... but it will do wonders in stage combat. ;-D Plus it's the right color!
The arm wraps have been re-done. They are accurate now (color/ material).
I've got a new pic of those in my gallery, and for once in a picture... i smiled!! XD
But, since i've been playing TP, I figured since Link has been smiling more in this game.... it'd be good to start smiling more for pictures

Sword: I'm doing it in wood for the time being. I have the shape ready to cut out whenever it turns light outside o_o.
Shield: Foam is all cut out to size, the layers need to be glued together, etc. etc. I also have masks, gloves, goggles, fiberglass cloth, resin, and hardener ready to go at a moments notice!! I hope I don't screw any of these up.

Of course, on the lines of what was said above...
... every mistake is a learning opportunity (still, i hope i don't make any!)
Tsuyosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #224
MasterSwordette

Sounds good Tsuyosa. What is this 'fake mail' you speak of? Over the holidays, I'll be making my first foam board shield!! I'll use the tutorials on here, so hopefully everything will work out smoothly. Personally I admire everybody's ability to work with craft foam, foam board etc..hopefully I will be able to measure up to all of your skills ^_^ I don't think comissions are for me though. I'm often quite busy.
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #225
CosplayerJJ
Gamer and cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSwordette View Post
can't wait to see them ^_^. Are you going to be doing any cosplay related to TP JJ?
I will start on TP related cosplay after Fanime.
Link in Zora Armor from Twilight Princess- 0%
Ganondorf Twilight Princess-1%
Secret Cosplay- 0%
Cons I will be at: Fanime, Stockton Con, SacAnime, and maybe Yaoi Con.
http://www.ghostbustergame.com
CosplayerJJ is offline   Reply With Quote