Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 417 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 12-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #46
Breeface
No wai.

Woo~
Midna helmet is almost done! :]
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=931390

Deviantart ~ Myspace

---

Convention/Gathering List:
NONE this year I don't think... Because my job sucks. :C

---

In progress:
Alita: Battle Angel
Secret Pokemon~
Breeface is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #47
Princess_Zelda
Made in the 80's

Alright, the first few posts are gonna undergo some changes. Michi gave me some VERY helpful input about the posts. Thanks Michi!

Sorry guys! I'll fix them right away!

"The SoCal Cosplay Gathering is one of the greatest gatherings EVER!!!!11" -Snapple Fact #81
Wait! Don't drink the black stuff!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Last edited by Princess_Zelda : 12-04-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Princess_Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #48
CosplayerJJ
Gamer and cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSwordette
my picture gallery. I'm not very good about this kind of stuff >_< I tried to get my Link picture up and somebody else's photo showed up. I'm trying again. I don't mean to sound like I'm being rude or something, I'm just frusterated at myself. Here we go again.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=930925
Your still loking plae, MasterSwordette, you sure your lighting doesn't have anything to do with it?
Link in Zora Armor from Twilight Princess- 0%
Ganondorf Twilight Princess-1%
Secret Cosplay- 0%
Cons I will be at: Fanime, Stockton Con, SacAnime, and maybe Yaoi Con.
http://www.ghostbustergame.com
CosplayerJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #49
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

maybe she just has a fairer complection

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #50
Okami Yokai
Wanderer

Hello, I am going to be starting a Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Link cosplay. Master sword and Hylian shield version. Although some thing puzzle me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...g?t=1165339103
The bracers on both of his arms look like wrought(sp?) iron to me, am I wrong?
For the Bracers I had planned to take 3/16'' foam, making it the right shape so as to wrap around my arms then either cover in a grayish vinyl or paint or the foam itself. Would this be a good idea? Also, the leather-like bracer on the left arm. I was told by Amethyst-Angel to make this from a much thinner foam, and given a simple tutorial. Seems easy. except would I go about making it form to my forearm in one area to not form to the next? All criticism is appreciated!
Okami Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #51
Heero Masaki
King of Sexy Janken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeface
Woo~
Midna helmet is almost done! :]
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=931390
That looks awesome good job, I can't wait to see it finished.
so are you cosplaying Midna fully?

YouTube ~ My YouTube Channel ~

Eternal Hero ~ My Website ~

DeviantArt ~ My DeviantArt. ~

CURE ~ CURE Cosplay Profile. ~
Heero Masaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #52
Morgan Lamia
Jigoku no Banken

Quote:
YES. That does help a bunch! Thank yoooou ^_^ ~
You're welcome ^_^ I can't wait to see it finished, it's looking amazing so far!

>>> deviantART <<<>>> MySpace <<<

Upcoming cosplays:
*** Mighty Morphin Red / Hatake Kakashi / Secret Orig. Character ***
Morgan Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #53
Enchurito
Pantaloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami Yokai
Hello, I am going to be starting a Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Link cosplay. Master sword and Hylian shield version. Although some thing puzzle me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...g?t=1165339103
The bracers on both of his arms look like wrought(sp?) iron to me, am I wrong?
For the Bracers I had planned to take 3/16'' foam, making it the right shape so as to wrap around my arms then either cover in a grayish vinyl or paint or the foam itself. Would this be a good idea? Also, the leather-like bracer on the left arm. I was told by Amethyst-Angel to make this from a much thinner foam, and given a simple tutorial. Seems easy. except would I go about making it form to my forearm in one area to not form to the next? All criticism is appreciated!
After looking at the art and playing the actual game I would definatly say that they are leather arm wraps made of a softer leather then one arm has a very hard leather bracer straped over that. The way me and my roommate made my leather bracer was I took cardboard and cut it into the rough shape I wanted bent it around my arm and kep cutting it and cutting it till it was the right size and shape. He then took cow leather and cut out two copies of the cardboard shape slightly larger than we needed to. I then got the leather wet, and bent it around my arm's shape and held it there till it was formed to that shape. We then got a pipe to lay it over all night for it to dry out. He then stabbed four holes in the bottom layer of the two leather layers (and only the bottom one). He then riveted on two straps to hold it to my arm that we had measured out beforehand. Then taking the top layer we slathered leather glue (esentially a version of rubber cemet we bought at the same store as the leather) on it and the bottom layer and stuck them together. I then held it that way pretty tightly for about 10 minutes till it was pretty well stuck togheter. I then drapped it back over the pipe and waited for it to dry. My roommate then etched the designs on the top with a leather etching tool. Then after that was all done we applied leather stain to it and then trimmed the edges and put edge coat over them to hide the seam of the two layers.

Last edited by Enchurito : 12-07-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Enchurito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #54
MasterSwordette

I will fix the make up problem for my costume this month. Link won't look so pale hehe. Thank you for those who pointed it out to me. I don't learn unless I hear what the problem is!
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #55
Tsuyosa
Tsuyosa

Another mini-2d update.

The sword is almost accurate.... just need to redo the pommel and then it'll be all set. A few minor things to do with the shield too.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87...ordshield2.jpg
Again, these are going to 3d as soon as i finish the design.
Tsuyosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #56
Breeface
No wai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heero Masaki
That looks awesome good job, I can't wait to see it finished.
so are you cosplaying Midna fully?
Thanks! :]
I'm planning on cosplaying her fully yes. Starting to work on the body suit a little last night.
Anime Expo will hopefully be the first con I will be wearing it at. ( I start cosplays EARRLLLY I know xD )

Deviantart ~ Myspace

---

Convention/Gathering List:
NONE this year I don't think... Because my job sucks. :C

---

In progress:
Alita: Battle Angel
Secret Pokemon~
Breeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #57
Heero Masaki
King of Sexy Janken

Quote:
Thanks! :]
I'm planning on cosplaying her fully yes. Starting to work on the body suit a little last night.
Anime Expo will hopefully be the first con I will be wearing it at. ( I start cosplays EARRLLLY I know xD )
cool, a body suit XD I don't think anyones done Midna yet have they? well good luck anyways.
It's better to be early than late XP I was supposed to debut my TP Link at the last 2 cons I've been to. but I keep either putting it off from lack of inspiration (which hopefully will be renewed on the 15th of this month thanks to TP on the GCN ^_^

I have been working on my Shield a bit recently so I'm making *some* progress. this time I'm supposed to be wearing it for a con in March next year. just hope this time I can finish it. XP

YouTube ~ My YouTube Channel ~

Eternal Hero ~ My Website ~

DeviantArt ~ My DeviantArt. ~

CURE ~ CURE Cosplay Profile. ~
Heero Masaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #58
MasterSwordette

I'm not familiar with Midna yet, since I do not have the game, but that is a great looking and highly detailed helmet, Breeface. My costume will be undergoing a few changes. Such as adding a collar to my green tunic, and not so much make up this time. Anybody have any tips for me that would help add to the costume other than make up or collar? any help would be much appreciated please.
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #59
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

Is Tingle in Twilight Princess??? I'm studying abroad right now without even a TV, let alone a Wii or TP. I'm so sad ;_; Crossing my fingers for Christmas. But I was hoping you guys could tell me if there is a new Tingle I can cosplay? xD
LadyAmaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #60
Okami Yokai
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchurito
After looking at the art and playing the actual game I would definatly say that they are leather arm wraps made of a softer leather then one arm has a very hard leather bracer straped over that. The way I made my leather bracer was I took cardboard and cut it into the rough shape I wanted bent it around my arm and kep cutting it and cutting it till it was the right size and shape. I then took cow leather and cut out two copies of the cardboard shape slightly larger than I needed to. I then got the leather wet, and bent it around my arm's shape and held it there till it was formed to that shape. I then got a pvc pipe to lay it over all night for it to dry out. I then stabbed four holes in the bottom layer of the two leather layers (and only the bottom one). I then riveted on two straps to hold it to my arm that we had measured out beforehand. Then taking the top layer we slathered leather glue (esentially a version of rubber cemet we bought at the same store as the leather) on it and the bottom layer and stuck them together. I then held it that way pretty tightly for about 10 minutes till it was pretty well stuck togheter. I then drapped it back over the pipe and waited for it to dry. My friend then etched the designs on the top with a leather etching tool. Then after that was all done we applied leather stain to it and then trimmed the edges and put edge coat over them to hide the seam of the two layers.

I plan to writ e formal tutorial on how I did that but I've been kind of lazy about taking pictures of all the stuff we used.
Wow, thanks for the input! Where exactly did you find the leather and how much did it cost roughly, also was a specific type?
Okami Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote