Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 617 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 02-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #781
linkluver6
Zelda fan for life!!!

this is somewhat of a randomn question
but I want a pair of Triforce earrings just to wear daily actually
what is the best way to make them???

I have always wanted a pair

FF7
Gintama
linkluver6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #782
Hollywood
Learning.

I'd use foam so they are super light.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 10:40 PM   #783
Tsuyosa
Tsuyosa

Hey enchurito! Thanks for the PM. To answer your questions the "chainmail" is NOT real. I used a printed fabric and modified it to look more like the material in question. I still am fiddling with it.
The tunic fabric is a 4way stretch, fake suede. I can't tell you the actual blend or type because i didn't bother to look :-x. I got it at Joanne's tho, and i'm going to try and get more for my V2 boots. I'll make sure to take note whenever that occurrs.

and thankyou for the kind comments Hime No Toki. If i don't make it to Mega have fun for me, if i do.... i'll probably be on saturday as well, and will look for you. I'll also be link.

AgentAdaW, hehe, thanx ^_^. It's funny how you think your costume is as good as it's going to get, then you do another version and look back to see how far behind you started XD. At this point, i'm actually thinking of doing a 3rd version tunic/hat. But i want to give this one a good run for it's money.
Tsuyosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #784
Hollywood
Learning.

I have a few questions about this cosplaying Link.. (I'm extremely new to this, and tonight I learned while making a gourd for Gaara that roofing foam should NEVER touch your hands because it's impossible to get off.) ='(

Should I start with a very basic design for Link and gradually improve it? or should I draw up some incredible costume and work on it until it's finished?

Are there any patterns that I should go get, or is it more of trial and error?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #785
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I have a few questions about this cosplaying Link.. (I'm extremely new to this, and tonight I learned while making a gourd for Gaara that roofing foam should NEVER touch your hands because it's impossible to get off.) ='(

Should I start with a very basic design for Link and gradually improve it? or should I draw up some incredible costume and work on it until it's finished?

Are there any patterns that I should go get, or is it more of trial and error?
I'd say just try to make your costume as accurate as you can at first and when you're done wear it to a con. Trust me after a weekend in a new costume you'll find out real fast what you need to change about it to make it comfortable and more accurate. And at that point just keep improving it, I think thats what most of us do here but just give it your best try right away. Who knows you might be a master of the craft and not have to revise it at all.

As far as patterns go I cant really help you there I used and modified a hawiian t-shirt pattern and that didnt turn out so hot....

Tsuyosa-what made you decide to go with fake mail? are you still going to use the real chain mail sometimes?

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #786
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I still think that fake mail is more accurate. I've debated it a few times with my boyfriend, and he and I have come to agree it looks and moves in a way that is not like chainmail. You cannot make out actual links in the mail, so fake mail would be the option I'd use if I were to ever cosplay TP Link. Quite frankly, I think either is fine, and up to personal tastes. I guess people interpret it differently,or think one to be more accurate over the other. I'm sure Tsuyosa will answer with his own personal thoughts, sorry. ^^; Just one of them things that kept me thinking with Link's costume.

Hollywood, it's really up to you but I always recommend you start off with something basic. It gives you something to build on. I want to make several Link costumes, but I started off with Old School Link from LttP. Something tha that won't give me too much trouble. I'll be making Wind Waker next, and probably OoT after that. The only thing that's kept me occupied with problem solving are my props, the shield in particular.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #787
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

I guess when I think of games and whats accurate and whats not I tend to just think about it and not just look at what it looks like. If Link is wearing something that looks like chainmail I'd assume that he's wearing chainmail to protect himself not as a fashion statement. It just makes sense to me that it would be real chainmail not fake mail, otherwise what we be the point of him wearing it?

I'm not saying either one looks better, if you can make fake mail look awesome (Like Tsuyosa can) and if it looks more like what Link wears in the game then thats great. All I'm saying is that I'm sure when the developers came up with the character design they intended it to be chainmail underneath.

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #788
PikminLink
The Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcebewitya View Post
I guess when I think of games and whats accurate and whats not I tend to just think about it and not just look at what it looks like. If Link is wearing something that looks like chainmail I'd assume that he's wearing chainmail to protect himself not as a fashion statement. It just makes sense to me that it would be real chainmail not fake mail, otherwise what we be the point of him wearing it?

I'm not saying either one looks better, if you can make fake mail look awesome (Like Tsuyosa can) and if it looks more like what Link wears in the game then thats great. All I'm saying is that I'm sure when the developers came up with the character design they intended it to be chainmail underneath.

Forcebewitya.

either is fine ^^, chainmail likes to 'bounce' so it kinda is a downside when your trying to run in it or something lol... but it pretty much clearly shows chainmail in the art. it wouldnt move like chainmail in the game beacause that would have been a lot of additional work on the model animators
fake chainmail can be made to look real so which ever works. plus its a lot lighter than the real stuff (mine weighs 40lbs) XD

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

~Pikminlink.com my website.
~Facebook my facebook
PikminLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #789
MasterSwordette

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikminLink View Post
either is fine ^^, chainmail likes to 'bounce' so it kinda is a downside when your trying to run in it or something lol... but it pretty much clearly shows chainmail in the art. it wouldnt move like chainmail in the game beacause that would have been a lot of additional work on the model animators
fake chainmail can be made to look real so which ever works. plus its a lot lighter than the real stuff (mine weighs 40lbs) XD
P.L you make wearing the real chain mail look easy ^_^ but I'm sure it is a lot of hard work.
My Master Sword is nearing completion and by the end of next week it should be ready for primer and selant (hope I spelled that right) I am hoping to achieve a much more three dimentional look to my props with my costume ^_^
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #790
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

40 lbs, PL?! Oh man, that's practically half my weight, and I know you're pretty much the same build as me...how the heck do you do it?! I think I'm personally going to go with fake mail, for comfort's sake. And because I think I'd prefer making that then the tedious (and expensive) method of making chainmail.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 04:01 AM   #791
CosplayerJJ
Gamer and cosplayer

I have my picture of myself at golfland as Link here's the link. http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...6&member=34431
Link in Zora Armor from Twilight Princess- 0%
Ganondorf Twilight Princess-1%
Secret Cosplay- 0%
Cons I will be at: Fanime, Stockton Con, SacAnime, and maybe Yaoi Con.
http://www.ghostbustergame.com
CosplayerJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #792
AgentAdaW
2nd Division Captain

^those pictures are great, CosplayerJJ! I especially like the one in front of the castle lol just too funny.
Cosplay: Friday: Ordon Village Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess), Shalua Rui (FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus), Saturday: Soi Fon (Bleach), Sunday: Vincent Valentine (FFVII) (all my friends are being Turks, i can't NOT bring Vinny!!!)

Currently working on:
Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
Claire Bennet (Heroes)
Ishida Uryuu- Quincy final form (Bleach)
my website! (http://www.whalewithatophat.com
*save the cheerleader, save the world* (i <3 'heroes')
AgentAdaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #793
Enchurito
Pantaloner

40 pound chainmail, sounds like your using steel. I personally tried a steel chainmail set and deamed the weight not worth it. I went with an aluminum set that only weighs 19.
Unread 02-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #794
CosplayerJJ
Gamer and cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentAdaW View Post
^those pictures are great, CosplayerJJ! I especially like the one in front of the castle lol just too funny.
Thank you I do my best.
Link in Zora Armor from Twilight Princess- 0%
Ganondorf Twilight Princess-1%
Secret Cosplay- 0%
Cons I will be at: Fanime, Stockton Con, SacAnime, and maybe Yaoi Con.
http://www.ghostbustergame.com
CosplayerJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 04:30 PM   #795
HanakoWings
Bah

I'm about to quit my job, so I need to buy the materials for Midna now, even though I won't make her for a while. Anyone suggest any material for Midna's robe? That's probably the most expensive part of the outfit.
HanakoWings is offline   Reply With Quote