Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 580 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 02-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #796
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

I'll be buying Chainmaile soon and I'll probably wear it around often until the ACEN just so I get used to it. lol, better start now I suppose.

-InkyLink
A&G Ohio - ACEN - ColossalCon - YoumaCon
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #797
Enchurito
Pantaloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyLink View Post
I'll be buying Chainmaile soon and I'll probably wear it around often until the ACEN just so I get used to it. lol, better start now I suppose.

-InkyLink
What metal are you going to get it made in? Steel weighs about 40 pounds while aluminum weighs only about 20. I've never tried brass or copper but I hear their close to steel or heavier.
Unread 02-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #798
Arei
Eater of Souls

Hiya! Im planning on cosplay a Picori from Minish Cap. Ive searched in image searches for good pics of Picori but its hard to find. I was wondering if anyone has any good pics of Picori of any type. It would be greatly appriciated. Also wondering wot type of material would be best to make the outifit.

Last edited by Arei : 02-17-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Arei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #799
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchurito View Post
What metal are you going to get it made in? Steel weighs about 40 pounds while aluminum weighs only about 20. I've never tried brass or copper but I hear their close to steel or heavier.

Well, I found a really good deal. Other ones I've seen have been upwards of $300, while this one I can get for a total of $250 including shipping.

http://armor-shop.com/gcm-shrt-blk.html

It's 16ga Steel Blackened and it's 30 lbs. So it should do the job but it also isn't as heavy. How much is aluminum Chainmaile on average? I would also need it in black.
Unread 02-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #800
Enchurito
Pantaloner

Quote:
Well, I found a really good deal. Other ones I've seen have been upwards of $300, while this one I can get for a total of $250 including shipping.

http://armor-shop.com/gcm-shrt-blk.html

It's 16ga Steel Blackened and it's 30 lbs. So it should do the job but it also isn't as heavy. How much is aluminum Chainmaile on average? I would also need it in black.

Well my aluminum chainmail cost about 190, and I've seen black chainmail (not alumnium) for the same price roughly. And those are shipped prices.
Unread 02-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #801
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Well my aluminum chainmail cost about 190, and I've seen black chainmail (not alumnium) for the same price roughly. And those are shipped prices.
Really? Where did you get yours? I'm all for saving money!
Could you get me some links?

-InkyLink
Unread 02-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #802
AgentAdaW
2nd Division Captain

i tihnk i posted this in here before, but since it's on topic again, another good chainmail place is : http://theringlord.com/
my sister's boyfriend gets all his stuff from this place, he's been doing chainmail work for years (scale-mail, too). you can see some of his stuff on: http://www.taomoon.net/ in the chainmail and scale mail sections.
Cosplay: Friday: Ordon Village Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess), Shalua Rui (FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus), Saturday: Soi Fon (Bleach), Sunday: Vincent Valentine (FFVII) (all my friends are being Turks, i can't NOT bring Vinny!!!)

Currently working on:
Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
Claire Bennet (Heroes)
Ishida Uryuu- Quincy final form (Bleach)
my website! (http://www.whalewithatophat.com
*save the cheerleader, save the world* (i <3 'heroes')
AgentAdaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #803
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentAdaW View Post
i tihnk i posted this in here before, but since it's on topic again, another good chainmail place is : http://theringlord.com/
my sister's boyfriend gets all his stuff from this place, he's been doing chainmail work for years (scale-mail, too). you can see some of his stuff on: http://www.taomoon.net/ in the chainmail and scale mail sections.
That's right, I had forgotten that you had posted that.

But the one site is really expensive at $280 base price for black mail, and the other site I didn't see any black chainmail at all and I'm guessing he'd be really expensive considering he's one guy doing it all by hand, right? (Couldn't find any prices) He did have individual black rings but I don't think I'm ready to make my own yet. hmm... Anywhere else? 'Cause I swear I've searched, but I guess I hadn't been looking for Black Aluminum because I thought it'd be more expensive.

-InkyLink
Unread 02-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #804
Enchurito
Pantaloner

Quote:
That's right, I had forgotten that you had posted that.

But the one site is really expensive at $280 base price for black mail, and the other site I didn't see any black chainmail at all and I'm guessing he'd be really expensive considering he's one guy doing it all by hand, right? (Couldn't find any prices) He did have individual black rings but I don't think I'm ready to make my own yet. hmm... Anywhere else? 'Cause I swear I've searched, but I guess I hadn't been looking for Black Aluminum because I thought it'd be more expensive.

-InkyLink
Why do you want black chainmail anyway? Twilight princess link uses a goldish colored chainmail and all the other links don't have chainmail.
Unread 02-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #805
Nancyboynoire
Glomp.

Hey folks, I'm in the process of making Zelda's ridding cloak from Twilight Princess and I was hoping someone could help me out.

I need an image of what the front design looks like. I have I nice on the back but all I can find for the front is this piddly-little screen shot. Anyone know of some better ones? Screen shots are fine, I just need to see the front closer...

Thanks in advance!
Unread 02-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #806
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Why do you want black chainmail anyway? Twilight princess link uses a goldish colored chainmail and all the other links don't have chainmail.
*Warning: This might contain light spoilers from TP*

I'm doing Dark Link from OoT, but I thought that Chainmail might make a nice touch. That's still to be decided but I also plan to cosplay Dark Link from TP in the future, then I will need some chainmail. By the way, anyone have any screenshots from the "vision" where you see the several "Dark Link's" in TP? I don't think I've seen any.

-InkyLink
Unread 02-19-2007, 07:13 AM   #807
MasterSwordette

my new progress pics are up, it's just the master sword my Dad is working on, and my unfinished costume, Hope ya'll like and if you can offer me any advice to help improve my Ocarina of Time Link even farther, I'll be happy to hear suggestions, thanks
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #808
Hebimaru
Full Metal Alchemist

I've wasted just about all of my fabric with continuous mess-ups on the gauntlets. Each time, I had a well thought out plan and each time, it never worked right.
Is there anyone out there who would... commission gauntlets? X.x I can't do them no matter how hard I try.
Or is there at least a pattern I could work from?
Howl- Howl's Moving Castle [0%]
Gaara - Naruto [0%]
Edward Elric- Full Metal Alchemist [0%]
Hebimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 05:12 AM   #809
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

For those of you who'd like to see, my Ashei sweater is done and there's a pic in my gallery. It's like...the first gallery in the top row..XD
A big grey sweater...can't miss is...
Unread 02-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #810
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

oo Ashei! Are you going to make the Yeti coat? XD

Meanwhile in Brisneyland Australia
SeishinKibou and I recently wore our Anju and Kafei outfits:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=990131

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote