Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 580 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 02-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #811
Patches
she killed a man

Tsuyosa - Your pants look great! You make an awesome Link and with the facial hair just a very handsome random fantasy guy! meow!

Hebimaru - before you break down and commission them, you might want to try and make mock-ups out of really cheap fabric. That's the way to go when doing anything with fabric, buy a cheapo fabric to make a mock-up of anything you are making so you don't wate your money on the real stuff. $100 per yd muslin is more expendable than $7 per yard linen or whatnot.

I'm hoping to start up my other Link costume. I am holing off on TP Link for a while since I want to make the maille. I just don't haev the time or money for that right now lol. I'm going to get to work on Link from A Link to the Past. I want to wear him and Erk (Fire Emblem) to Tekkoshocon this year. I'm getting a dress form tommarrow (found one for $20 on CraigsList!!! woo!) but I might not get to work on the costumes for a while...maybe not until after Tekko. I'm graduating from art school at the end of March and I have to have lots of money to print my portfolio and set up a review table T.T But priorities!!

I'm hoping to get the Link to the Past costume done though since there's not that much to it, especially if I don't bother making the sword and shield haha. They would be cumbersome anyway as I end up running around doing staff things that Tekko >.>

Unread 02-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #812
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

I cant wait to see your finished Ashei costume I really hope you get it done in time for acen. Speaking of gauntlets I really need to fix mine up one of these days they're falling apart. It would be fun to commission some but I'm way to busy and I dont think mine are all that great in the first place..although if I did them over I'm sure they'd be a lot better, and I'd do them differently. Good luck though!

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 05:31 AM   #813
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

@Asha Morgan: I'm considreing it. I'll probably make it, but I'll only wear the Yeti stuff during fall and winter cons...I'd over-heat at spring and summer cons...LOL XD
@Forcebewitya: I'll definately get this done for Acen. I started a lot earlier this year and I already have the mock up for the pants. after that, I just need to worry about my wig and the armor...and I'll have a month or two to take care of all that...^_^
Unread 02-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #814
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

True, well hopefully you get it done. It seems like more people arent procrastinating this year lol myself included.

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #815
MasterSwordette

I've been kind of lazy with the new water tunic myself :x but we did get the sleeves on it last night, hey Forcebewitya, thanks for your advice on the sword that was awesome help. I appreciate it very much so I've never had a 3d prop for my Link cosplay before
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 02:56 PM   #816
PikminLink
The Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
40 lbs, PL?! Oh man, that's practically half my weight, and I know you're pretty much the same build as me...how the heck do you do it?! I think I'm personally going to go with fake mail, for comfort's sake. And because I think I'd prefer making that then the tedious (and expensive) method of making chainmail.

lol well its a bit 1/3 my weight. i do a lot of working out so i have lots of muscle weight/athletic build.
40lbs almost half your weight?? O_O wow you must be really light, but you also have a cute petite/slender body type, pretty much you have the perfect body type for Ayanami Rei (its hard to pull off those plugsuits and make them look good, but youve done it well)

ive been wearing my chainmail since 04 so im quite used to it. and its actually easy to wear, sometimes i cant really feel it and im quite comfortable. except it does put pains on the shoulders some times.

but yeah, my chainmail is also steel so that is also why its so heavy. lol

btw. i just saw pics of your link on clab, and it turned out so nicely! ^^

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

~Pikminlink.com my website.
~Facebook my facebook
PikminLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #817
MasterSwordette

I've taken off a lot of my cosplay pics for the new ones that are coming with the sword and water tunic in progress, so I was kind of popping in a lot here and there today, so sorry for that, but on a cosplay note, does anybody have any references to Link's gloves and boots, if so, that would be an awesome help please, yours truly MasterSwordette @ PL the shoulder pinching with the chainmail sounds like it would be painful x_x but I'm sure one gets used to it after a while.
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #818
Cristophine
||Empress of Ace||

So I just found out that there's a skull kid in Twilight Princess (I've only played the game for about 5min once at my cousin's house) and since Skull Kids are my all time fav Zelda characters, I'd love to see a pic of him if anyone has any. I've been searching for about an hour now and can't seem to find any clear pics of him.
My Facebook: click

Anime North 2014
Ymir - Attack on Titan
Selkie - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Korra - Legend of Korra (maybe)

Fan Expo 2014
Rochelle - L4D2
Grown up Katara - Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra
Flavia - Fire Emblem Awakening

Cristophine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #819
PikminLink
The Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSwordette View Post
I've taken off a lot of my cosplay pics for the new ones that are coming with the sword and water tunic in progress, so I was kind of popping in a lot here and there today, so sorry for that, but on a cosplay note, does anybody have any references to Link's gloves and boots, if so, that would be an awesome help please, yours truly MasterSwordette @ PL the shoulder pinching with the chainmail sounds like it would be painful x_x but I'm sure one gets used to it after a while.

well this might surprise some...but the chainmail doesnt pinch me at all. its the weight on the shoulders that become painfull sometimes. but most of the time i can go on wearing the chainmail all day long for the whole weekend with barely no problems. ^^

as to reference pics? you can try google. there arent any really high res shots =\ but thats pretty much your best bet

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

~Pikminlink.com my website.
~Facebook my facebook
PikminLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #820
OrdonLink

Hey everyone

I finally got my shirt, pants, and belt done… but i bought them at the store :/ I am running out of time as my costume needs to be done for March 1st, so this is just tempporary (i will eventually make them myself) All i have left to make are my boot covers and my hat which shouldn't take too long i hope ^_^

Here are the links to my pics…

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=994759
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=994761

Please let me know what you think of my progress so far. All comments, constructive critacism and suggestions are welcome. ^_^

-OrdonLink
OrdonLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #821
MasterSwordette

thank you very much for the suggestions PL, that's cool about the chain mail that it doesn't really hurt too bad ^^ For my Link cosplay, I will do my best to search for glove shots for my cosplay, I really want my costume to come out looking much better than before and I promise to work really hard on it ^^ @Ordon Link I saw your new Link costume pics earlier, they look great
Unread 02-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #822
Enchurito
Pantaloner

To combat the shoulder weight of chainmail I built into the inside of my shirt under the tunic two shoulder pads. It worked out perfectly.
Unread 02-21-2007, 11:28 PM   #823
puddle_jumper
kani honehone a ka ukulel

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanakoWings View Post
I'm about to quit my job, so I need to buy the materials for Midna now, even though I won't make her for a while. Anyone suggest any material for Midna's robe? That's probably the most expensive part of the outfit.
I am currently going through the exact same issue right now. I can't decide if it is purple or a charcoal grey or red. What color do you think? I have been keeping my eyes peeled at hobby lobby. Their 90" wide drapery fabrics are 30% off right now. But nothing yet.
puddle_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #824
puddle_jumper

Gauntlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebimaru View Post
I've wasted just about all of my fabric with continuous mess-ups on the gauntlets. Each time, I had a well thought out plan and each time, it never worked right.
Is there anyone out there who would... commission gauntlets? X.x I can't do them no matter how hard I try.
Or is there at least a pattern I could work from?
Try this site. http://www.io.com/~caladin/hgaunt.htm
Unread 02-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #825
puddle_jumper

Midna's Designs

I took a bunch of screenshots and drew what I saw. Here it is.
(though I drew her a little chubby)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...scan0001-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../midnaback.jpg