Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 645 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #9991
Zeldatrek

Wow almost a year since I posted on here last. Haven't done any work lately due to lack of work space now. Although I'm thinking about redoing Ganon's tounge. I just don't think it looks quite right anymore. Any tips. Also when I seach Ganon under costumes now My Ganon dose not come up! I thought maybe it's because its mine but the goron mask comes up when I search Goron. Strange.
Zeldatrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #9992
sakurastar123
UK Cosplayer~

I'm getting started on Skyward Sword Zelda. I made the belt a few days ago, and I have put up a picture here - http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3263836/

Seeing as I thouht it was going to be the most difficult part I made it first, and I'm really proud of how it has turned out :3

I got the wigs in the post today and I am wefting them together, I also should be buying the fabric for the dress in a few days too.

Has anyone else who has already cosplayed skyward sword Zelda got any advice for the outfit? It would be lovely to hear your stories!
sakurastar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #9993
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurastar123 View Post
I'm getting started on Skyward Sword Zelda. I made the belt a few days ago, and I have put up a picture here - http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3263836/

Seeing as I thouht it was going to be the most difficult part I made it first, and I'm really proud of how it has turned out :3

I got the wigs in the post today and I am wefting them together, I also should be buying the fabric for the dress in a few days too.

Has anyone else who has already cosplayed skyward sword Zelda got any advice for the outfit? It would be lovely to hear your stories!
I saw this picture on the main page and thought "lucky her :'( I want to make it" It looks great by the way!!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #9994
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurastar123 View Post
A popular pattern for Zelda's dress is Butterick's B4827 pattern. I used it and edited the skirt and sleeves accordingly with a 100%cotton fabric. The cotton drapes fantastically, but has a tendency to fray. If I'd known I had pinking shears then, I definitely would've put them to use here. ^^; Anyways, have a good idea of where you want your skirt to fall on your leg ahead of time, that way you can avoid buying more fabric than what you have to. For the designs, you have two options: fabric paint or bias/ribbon. I chose the bias/ribbon option because to me it was more realistic to the outfit Zelda wears (in a medieval type setting, fabric paint wasn't exactly an option). But the choice is yours. But if you do decide to go the bias/ribbon route, don't be crazy like I was and use ribbon unless you're willing to deal with the chaos it brings. Ribbon is the biggest pain the butt to sew - especially when you have to do so many designs. It slippery and doesn't like to hold corners. Also, depending on your arm's circumfrunce, your sleeve hole may not fit on in the arm of a sewing machine, so you may have to handstitch those little designs on her sleeves (I had to - ten hours, and hour for each X.x).

The gem on her chest I made from resin - I actually did it around two times. The first was with my own mold, but I didn't like how it came out. The second time I used a store bought mold and colored it with food coloring with a much better result. With some craft foam and snaps, I made it detachable, that way I wouldn't have to worry about ruining anything when going to wash the costume. The sash and drape were just things I made without pattern. The drape came out fine, and I actually made it with some materials I already had lying around. I painted the Loftwing on with a stencil and fabric paint (I was willing to be lazy on the drape but the dress, lol). I also had to do this two times, because the first time... well, it was a disaster. ^^; The sash came ou... okay. I didn't really think when I was making it, and I really should've drafted a pattern. I ended up with an ugly seam line right in front, my savior being some lace I had lying around. The buckle to the sash was made with thick craft foam and is also detachable.

The sailcloth is actually a messenger bag I made. I wanted it to be multi-functional. I drafted the pattern myself, but I don't know how to describe it too well. If you have a shawl lying around, just fold it into a triangle big enough to fit around your back and arms - that's basically what I was following when making it, Just la the shawl down on your fabric and cut on the fold. Best of all, you don't even have to make it into a bag of you don't want to - but if you do, just account for seam allowances when cutting and use a durable fabric.

And that's basically what I did with mine.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #9995
sakurastar123
UK Cosplayer~

Thanks for all of that advice! I have the fabric for the dress, I just need to dye it. I should be getting that done on Sunday evening and then I should be sewing it on Monday ^-^
sakurastar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #9996
EndThisRapture
Needs a duel disk!

Has anyone that's done a Windwaker Zelda ever binded for the cosplay?
I'm a little chesty, and I know she's depicted as pretty flat, I was thinking of binding just so the chest plate/armour would sit a little more evenly.

What do you guys think, to bind, or not to bind?

Princess Zelda - [LoZ: Windwaker]
Cordelia -[Fire Emblem: Awakening]
Lucina - [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
Dead Master - [Black★Rock Shooter]

Planned:
Carl Clover [Blazblue]
DTK [Soul Eater]
Echo [Pandora Hearts]
Sumia - [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
EndThisRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #9997
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndThisRapture View Post
Has anyone that's done a Windwaker Zelda ever binded for the cosplay?
I'm a little chesty, and I know she's depicted as pretty flat, I was thinking of binding just so the chest plate/armour would sit a little more evenly.

What do you guys think, to bind, or not to bind?
Well, it depends on you really.

I mean, WW Zelda is a child, so if you want to have the more child-like look you could bind. Also, if you notice, throughout the whole game, there's really no such thing as boobs. Most of the women are pretty flat chested, even the rounder women don't see to have much going on up there - but I'd have to say that's mostly because of the cartoony style they chose to follow for the game. So it all depends on you and how you want to handle accuracy, comfort, and all that jazz. In the end, I don't think anyone would be really bothered by it, though.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #9998
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

IMHO, since WW Zelda is supposed to be about 12 or so, she probably would have some volume up top, it's just the art style is very "everything shrunken down and cartoony." HOnestly, if you wann'a try and look all little and petite, then yeah, bind a bit. But if you wann'a be more real, or even do "WW Zelda down the line", don't worry about it. I'd be more concerned with being able to breath than to be as flat as the art.
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #9999
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

I really need to start back working on my Zelda costume AWA. Gotta love procrastination. I ordered a new wig, so I should have that in a week or two.

I'm going to try making that broach (is that what it is?) out of craft foam and/or sculpey, because the one's I've made using model magic only last a few hours before breaking. >_<

Need to make a new (third) bodice. I'm starting to think it needs to be a little bit longer, plus I can't seem to get the right shape... http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3233486/

Can anybody tell what's the proper name for the things on the sides of the bodice? I've been calling them rods. I want to make sure that's the right name when i go to the fabric store.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...0-580-1100.jpg
Palutena - Kid Iicarus
Radiant Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #10000
WeskerFanGirl

I'm remaking my Ghirahim cape (my first was a commission, so I'm using it as a prototype). I'm having trouble with the collar. Anyone know how you get it to stick up? It also has to leave plenty of room around the neck, jaw line, and ears (because his earring is supposed to be visible). I'm thinking about stuffing the collar with something, maybe cotton balls, is that going to work?
Unread 09-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #10001
Mystic~
aka Darth Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Nightmare View Post
Can anybody tell what's the proper name for the things on the sides of the bodice? I've been calling them rods. I want to make sure that's the right name when i go to the fabric store.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...0-580-1100.jpg
I think you're talking about the darts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeskerFanGirl View Post
I'm remaking my Ghirahim cape (my first was a commission, so I'm using it as a prototype). I'm having trouble with the collar. Anyone know how you get it to stick up? It also has to leave plenty of room around the neck, jaw line, and ears (because his earring is supposed to be visible). I'm thinking about stuffing the collar with something, maybe cotton balls, is that going to work?
I'd recommend a heavy duty interfacing for shape. Cotton balls are likely too soft to hold a good shape. Polyfil would be a better bet if you want to use stuffing.
Mystic~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #10002
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Hey everyone so me and my older sister have been working on her zora armor tunic and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can keep the blue sleeves to stay on?
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs26/300W..._by_Zoroko.jpg

I was thinking of gluing snaps on to the scales and on the sleeves but since I don't know anything I knew I should come here and ask.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #10003
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic~ View Post
I think you're talking about the darts?

Here's what I'm talking about. Btw that tutorial is really helpful. I have a better understanding on what to do now. XD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gygyg.JPG (28.9 KB, 0 views)
Palutena - Kid Iicarus
Radiant Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #10004
jindrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Hey everyone so me and my older sister have been working on her zora armor tunic and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can keep the blue sleeves to stay on?

I was thinking of gluing snaps on to the scales and on the sleeves but since I don't know anything I knew I should come here and ask.
The only solution I've come up with so far on my zora armor is spot velcro. I initially tried to just use the pre-glued spots but the glue doesn't hold up too well to body heat. If you use fabri-tac in the places that are fabric painted, you might be able to glue them on without the glue showing through the fabric. Otherwise, you might try sewing the on (I think this is what I'm going to try next with mine).
jindrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #10005
Mystic~
aka Darth Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post

Glue might interfere with the snapping mechanism if some of it bubbles out from underneath the snap when you press it down on the glue. Other than that potential problem, snaps should work fine. Velcro would probably work well for that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Nightmare View Post
Here's what I'm talking about. Btw that tutorial is really helpful. I have a better understanding on what to do now. XD
Oh I see now. XD I'm not sure what the proper name for those would be. If you browse around the jewelry/bead section you might be able to find something similar
Mystic~ is offline   Reply With Quote