Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 567 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #10171
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

I am sure Scarlet's post was not there earlier either, how strange!!

Ok, so my wig is on its way (yay!) but the costume was supposed to ship and Tuesday and now I hear that it has not shipped today (Thur) It is coming Fed Ex from China so HOPEFULLY it will be here in 10 days or so... which will be fine as it will leave me 3 days before the con. If not, I am kinda stuffed... :/

Just HOPE it actually shipped on Wednesday not today like they seem to think it did. Am a bit annoyed since I asked before I ordered and they said it would be here in plenty of time. So long as Customs don't hold it up, it should be ok. *FINGERS CROSSED*

Anyway, I am going to work on the pauldrons some more today. I guess if the costume doesn't come in time I will just wear my Hylian Crest logo tshirt and the crown and go as a LoZ geek B-)

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #10172
Seifer-sama

@ Chikkijet: Awesome! I hope everything makes it in time! I know that's the scary part about ordering things from overseas, you get to play the "Will it arrive on time???" game. Good luck on those pauldrons! Those are by far the hardest part I think.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:47 AM   #10173
winryrockbell27

Alright, so this might not be cosplay related... But my boyfriend and I made Chateau Romani yesterday! It was really good, and I'd recommend it to anyone. Here's a link (haha, link):

http://www.geekychef.com/2011/01/chateau-romani.html

If you are under 21 like I am (or underage in a different country) just use the Bailey's Irish creme coffee stuff. It tastes great! Now my magic power is filled for three days. WOO!
winryrockbell27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #10174
Chikkijet

Gahhhh... now they are saying it will ship tomorrow.... :/ Not... veryBut they reckon that the shipping they use only takes 6 days max to my location. Let's hope so! Definitely playing that game, but it's not very fun.

Pressing on with the pauldrons. Ran out of glue sticks for my gun last night, luckily my local grocery had some in a random hardware section :P

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #10175
Seifer-sama

@ winryrockbell27: Totally have to try that!! Thanks for the link!

@ Chikkijet: Bummer!! I hope everything makes it!! But hey, how lucky that the local store had the glue sticks you needed. That's a plus.

Cosplay Update:
I make some new ear casts last week, but the molds aren't dry enough to work with yet. I am really hoping they dry up over the weekend so I can quickly sculpt myself some new ears before Sakura con. If not, the old ones are still in good enough condition at least.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #10176
Chikkijet

Wow that's good you can make your own ears! I ordered mine from Aradani, instead of the large anime ones (that a lot of people seem to use) I opted for the small ones. So far they look pretty good, I am happy with the proportion of them. The other would have been too big.

So, on the plus side, I finished constructing the shoulder parts of the pauldrons. On the down side, my glue gun trigger broke and it stopped working Luckily, Random Hardware Section to the rescue again- they had a glue gun for $4!!! yay! So I am sitting here having late dinner then about to do a little more work on them.

Hope everyone else is making some progress too

Unread 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #10177
Adlez-AxeL
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Thankyou all so much!! It's nice to get some positive feedback on a cosplay you work hard on and put lots of money in! ;W; <3

@ Chikkijet > Yes, it is the cape you mean, right? It is made from some red velvet that I was lucky to find in a rather unknown fabrics shop :3

@ Nandra > Thankyou so much! I thought the makeup was better at the make-up-tryout so I will get it perfect for next time for sure

@ Seifer-sama > Thankyou for the kind words on the velvet. It was very expensive (like 40-50$ per meter!!!!) so I am glad it turned out just so perfect for Ghirahim and all his fabulous-ness!

I have two amazing photographers editing their pictures of me right now so if you want to see some more try and check out the gallery in a few days :3 <3

Online Portfolio
www.nadiaxel.com

deviantArt
www.adlez-axel.deviantart.com

- I'm not weird - I'm gifted! -
Adlez-AxeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #10178
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

@ Chikijet: Ohhh, man. I am sorry, that really sucks. x_X It just feels so unfair when circumstances outside your control mess up like that! Way to have a good perspective, though - worst case scenario, you CAN still have fun at the con. I always have trouble keeping that in mind when time starts to crunch.

@ Seifer: Gah, that's it! I'm just too curious about ear casts, I've got to ask a question. Even though I know they're way more of a money+time commitment than I can handle right now. How difficult is it to stop up your ears properly? (Silicone on the ear bud doesn't seem like a great idea. ^^) And, if you don't mind one more question, about how much does the material you use for making the mold cost?

@Adlez: Yay! I was disappointed there were so few pictures to ooh over, I'll keep checking. ^^
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #10179
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlez-AxeL View Post
Heeeeij guys!
I finally finished my Ghirahim cosplay after 1 year of laziness!
If you want you can check it out here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/451232/

And here's a peek:

Stay fabulous, peops!
I squealed.
This is so perfect!
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #10180
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

@Adlez I love your signature: "I'm not weird, I'm gifted." That quote is extremely inspiring for me. You are also extremely gifted as your cosplays are some of the best I have ever seen for those characters.
I am just starting on my first serious cosplay project that I am making personally but I will always see that quote of yours as an inspiration for me in this hobby and beyond.
Thank you for that quote Adlez.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: base patterns done. 5% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo

Last edited by JediofTime : 03-24-2013 at 08:38 PM.
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #10181
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I finished my Zelda costume!
YAY!! I'm so excited for the con this weekend! I'll post photos after. (:
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #10182
Seifer-sama

@ Chikkijet: Thanks! I usually make my own because I guess I have a weird skin color and ear shape... the bought ones never seem to fit or match me. Ah well. Glad to hear you finished your pauldrons and hooray for the awesome store coming though a second time!! :P It's your lucky store or something.

@ Adlez-AxeL: Velvet, oh yeah I believe it cost that much! But it was totally worth it! So looking forward to your new photos. I also wished you lived around here so I could get some photos of you as Ghirahim with my Zelda and Groose.

@ Nandra: Ha ha ha! You were just dying to ask I see. The initial purchase of ear making materials is kind of pricey, but it goes a long way, so I think it's worth it. Let me get some links for you. I started out with this kit: http://www.artmolds.com/catalog/prod...1#.UVB51RyG2ic and just continue to refil it once I run out of something. Honestly I have yet to run out of mold gel... it's the stupid plaster I run out of. After that all you need is a good sculpting clay and some latex and you are set! As for plugging up your ears, I just use the little foam ear plugs. You want to make sure you get a really tight fit in there so none of the gel gets in your inner ear. It also feels REALLY weird when you have someone pour the stuff on your ear. If you need more information or anything please feel free to ask more questions. :P

@ ichigo_m.: Yays!!!! How exciting!!! I am still shocked how quickly this con came up... I keep wondering if I am ready or not.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #10183
Chikkijet

Adlez- yes, I meant the cape. Was a bit tired so not looking properly. But the colour is really deep and rich, it looks good for that character.

Seifer- yes my lucky store!!

So I finished hte shoulder part of the pauldrons and painted a few coats while I caught up on Walking Dead eps (anyone else here watch that?) So now all I need to do is the chest piece and join them together, plus age the shoulder parts a bit.

Wig arrived at the post office so I can start on that, and my costume FINALLY shipped on Sat after some snafus at the posting place. It's reached Hong Kong so hopefully will be here in a few more days, yayyyy! Once I get it I can work out what I'm going to do on the walk-on part and finish the sword. Whew! Lucky I got the 2 days of the con off and 2 days before 1 after. Plenty of time I hope!!

How is everyone else doing?

Oh I out some more pics of the armor in my gallery for anyone that wants to see

Unread 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #10184
ssoldiersaturn
Princess of Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletTanager View Post
@Seifer-sama: Symphony of the Goddess? Did you see another TP Zelda there, RikkuGrape? She's a good friend of mine.

I'm pulling up an old costume idea and making the chainmail for both Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess Link. I want a little help though, maybe from someone who knows chain more than me. Is it better to get jump rings or wire and cut them yourself? Cost wise I mean.
Here's the ones I'm talking about getting:
http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisp...ver+Jump+Rings
http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisp...+Silver+W ire

It seems like the closest to his color to me, especially since it darkens a bit with age.
If you are looking at cost, making your own chainmail is the cheapest but also very VERY difficult and time consuming x4 then making it with jump rings. You need a great deal of strength to coil the wire around and really good cutters which are super hard to find. It will take around 6 months or more. I highly recommend to use the jump rings (The ring lord is good too, I've ordered from there ) just to save you some stress and a little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuto Kirigaya View Post
Would anyone happen to know how to give the Master Sword and the shield that shining metal look? I'm working on Twilight Princess Link's sword and Shield at the moment (And desperately trying to find chain mail). The shield is almost finished, but I'm not really liking the way it's turning out... >.>
I've seen metal colored paint with/without gloss paint coats do the trick next to car paint (which is super expensive for 1 sword).
ssoldiersaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #10185
Chikkijet

Yes, I just got a can of chrome-look silver spray which I'm hoping will do the trick. So something like that may work for you. Not sure about the States, but in Oz you can get it in auto supply stores for $5-15. We have a chain called Supa-Cheap Auto which has a big range of metallic and chrome finish spray paints...