Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 649 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #10246
winryrockbell27

@Nandra: your sword looks spot on! Nice!

@Seifer: hrrng it was so cool seeing your cloak up close at the con! Spectacular work!

@ichigo_m: the pics you have on your costume's page look great! The quality is amazing.

I've had the itch to cosplay something from OOT, but I have no clue who I would be. I was thinking Mido, or maybe the marathon man. Probably someone really derpy. This probably won't be for a while, though. The TP Zelda costume I made will be finished up in the summer and I am thinking about bringing Linebeck iii into play.
winryrockbell27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #10247
Seifer-sama

@ KratosAurion28: I am so glad you did!! I got a great laugh out of it.

@ winryrockbell27: I was so happy to see your costume in person too!! It was just lovely and you looked amazing. I hope you had fun as TP Zelda. And thanks for the compliments, you were one of the few people who knew who I was cosplaying. No joke either. :P I look forward to seeing your next cosplays too! I think Mido or the Running Man would be hilarious!

Cosplay Update: I have a few photos up now. Mostly of the cloak. But over the next few days I will be posting others. Enjoy! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/162648/

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #10248
winryrockbell27

Thank you, Seifer! Beautiful photos. I still can't get over Zant answering the phone. :P
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #10249
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

@Winyrockbell: Thanks! ^^ I was just looking at your gallery, too - you did a really beautiful job on the color selection for Zelda. Especially on the tabard!

@Seifer: Yaaay, pictures! I know what you mean about wishing Zelda actually got the chance to face off against Zant. Seems like she should have been able to turn her sword against SOMEONE other than Link. Good thing you're there to do these scenarios, since Nintendo won't!
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #10250
Kelley
Devil of Details

I just want to say that all of you make me really happy.

This will be my first time *actually cosplaying* (I've done a lot of things with costumes, but never have cosplayed at a convention) and I was getting a little nervous but I feel a lot better now after hearing everyone's stories.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #10251
winryrockbell27

@Kelley, you can do it!! Go cosplay your heart out and share some Legend of Zelda love!

@Nandra: Thank you! It took me a while to pick 'em out. :S

I finally uploaded a video of my walk-on from the costume contest! It's pretty fuzzy since it was taken from an iPhone... Be warned. I had so much fun being Zelda. Luckily I didn't trip on the dress or break TOO much. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NC76vaPEVs
Unread 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #10252
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Seifer-sama: So many awesome photos, thank you for sharing! I'll be working on Shade all this week, so hopefully I'll be able to show some progress myself~

winryrockbell27: You know, I don't think I've ever seen a Mido before? Picking one of the secondary characters would be really amazing. I think that's one thing I really love about this series, even the NPCs have tons of personality, and are memorable. When I see them at conventions, it totally makes my day! Also! It looks like the crowd really loved your walk-on (hurrah for no tripping, haha), the video doesn't do justice to your costume though, it's so pretty~

Kelley: Aww, no need to feel nervous. I'm happy you're taking the chance, it's a really rewarding hobby, so I hope you have a lot of fun!

Progress: Off I go, to work more on the helmet, then start on the breastplate. I'll try to get some photos in between for later in the week.

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #10253
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

Hey guys! I'm having post-con downer, lol, so have been looking at Zelda pics online. I really think I might try to cosplay OOT adult Zelda next, since she is a bit more 'cute' than TP Zelda, but a lot of the techniques would be the same.

Kelley, I was nervous about dressing up as well, so you could always do what I did and go to the con in regular clothes, see how much fun the costumed people are having, then change once you feel brave enough? Seeing everyone else get into it makes it much easier for sure!!!

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #10254
Seifer-sama

@ winryrockbell27: You are so welcome! And thank you too!! My brother has a lot of fun being Zant. I think it's one of the few costumes where he feels he can be weird/silly and it still looks cool, because it's Zant. :P Awesome walk-on by the way. It looks like you had a lot of fun!! It looks like Sakura con has changed the location of the masquerade since I last entered.

@ Nandra: Thanks!! And I know right??? I am all for empowering women. I would totally play a Princess Zelda game if there was one. She can't always be the one kidnapped and she just looked so darn cool in TP, they could have given her a chance to fight. Ah well, I shall continue to support a stronger Zelda even if Nintendo won't.

@ Kelley: Never be nervous about cosplay, for the most part, everyone involved is very friendly and supportive. Good luck on your first adventure.

@ HylianKnight: Thanks!!! Looking forward to that progress.

@ Chikkijet: Awesome!!! I think that version of Zelda might be the next one I do as well. Though you will probably finish before me, I am so slow! :P

EDIT:
Rather than make a new post, I will just add to mine. Fanime is going to roll up pretty quick and I still have a bit left to do on SS Zelda and Groose so I am trying to motivate myself to get back to work. It's not going as well as planned, I keep playing with photos and procrastinating. I made resin molds for the gems on her dress and belt, so that's something at least. I am going to try and work on the bracelets today. Are any of you planning on attending Fanime? It would be fun to see some of you there with your new and awesome costumes.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 04-10-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #10255
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

@Seifer: Yes! In fact, this is the first Fanime Zelda meetup I'm going to be able to attend in costume. Like, AT LAST. I've only been pushing it back "one more year" for years now. xD I'm really psyched about it, but it's strange to hear you say it's coming up soon - kinda takes me by surprise!

It would be really fun to wear my cloak one of the days, if I finish it in time... but that is a pipe dream which I will not get fixated on. ^^ I've actually finished drafting the pattern, I had a TON of fun with the hood - but it looks like the fabric is going to be pretty hard to get a hold of. We'll see how it goes!
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #10256
Seifer-sama

@ Nandra: It's been my experience that a month and a half goes by in the blink of an eye. It seems like before I even know it, it's the day before the con and I still have so much left to do! I am starting things early so that hopefully doesn't happen. But I am glad to hear you can make it this year!!! If you see a SS Zelda with a big Groose, it's me. :P I wish you lots of luck with that cloak though. I would love to see that come together for you!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #10257
Chikkijet

I was just at the mall and had the best idea. My friend and I decided that this year for Ramadan (holy month in middle east) we want to try wearing Abaya (local robe that ladiesvwear) anyway I walked past an Ababa shop and the ones in the window had these cool designs in metallic thread on the hems. I suddenly thought how neatest would be to make one with a Zelda-themed design. Like Seifer's TP cloak or even the harps on it!

I would love to go to a con in the US, which are the good ones? Might have to try get my annual leave over a big con weekend!

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #10258
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Actually, I'm very happy you asked that Chikkijet! I've been wondering for the longest time about which conventions are worth going to in the States too! I'd love to be able to meet some of you in person, someday~ Money just makes it hard to go to several, so any tips would be awesome!

Chikkijet: I love Zelda inspired clothing & accessories, I think it's a really neat idea to make an abaya version. I'm hoping to work on a feudal inspired costume in June after my main con goes by~ What colour base would you use?

Seifer-sama & Nandra: Why do you have to live so far? XD Love to hear stories though!

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #10259
Chikkijet

Well traditionally they are black, embroidery can be coloured. But there's also a garment called a jalabiya which is pretty much a long kaftan and can be very bright colours, so... not sure yet

Unread 04-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #10260
Seifer-sama

@ Chikkijet: That's a really cool idea!!! I would love to see you do something like that. Would you pull ideas from the Gerudo's as well?

@ Chikkijet & HylianKnight: I live on the west coast, so those are the only cons I have gone to, but it sounds like there are some really cool cons all over the states. The ones I have been to are Anime Expo (July in L.A., CA.), Fanime (May in San Jose, CA.), Sac-Anime (January & September in Sacramento, CA.) and Sakura Con (March/April in Seattle WA.) So yeah my knowledge is a little limited. I really enjoy all of them for a different reason. If you are into bigger cons then AX or Fanime might be better for you. If you want to know more about other cons hopefully someone else in the thread can fill you in on the ones I haven't been to.

HylianKnight: I know! Although, not sure if you go to it or not, I do want to try to come to AN next year.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV