Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 566 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #10261
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

Those all sound really cool, at least there's a range of places, and I can get to a couple fairly easily on work trips if I time it right I think there's a big one in Toronto later this year, and if I manage to get a business trip at the right time we usually get sent for 3 days so it would be perfect. Then it wouldn't cost the earth hehehe

Seifer, there's so many awesome designs, I think I definitely need to look into it way more. This is kind of bad of me, but I have yet to play my Skyward Sword so am planning to start that on my next string of days off. I like what I have seen so far, design-wise. And of course, there's Hyrule Historia for inspiration!

Currently trying to post some more pics from MEFCC, but the uploader is not co-operating! On the plus side, I have found a few people from that con through my new FB page, including my Link!! I stupidly forgot to get his FB details and in the rush to pack up before the last train I didn't find him again...

These posts ar emaking me think that a coscom international meetup may be on the cards one day in the future! :P

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #10262
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

@HylianKnight: Nah, it's you who lives far far away from us. How silly of you! xD Seriously, though, it is too bad - hope you get the chance to come to the states soon.

@Chikkijet: What an awesome idea! That had never occurred to me, but that would be really cool.

@Seifer-sama: Wait, you go to SacAnime? I'm actually a Sac native, but... well... I guess I've never had too much pride in our local anime convention. The last time I went, they weren't even showing anime. And the artist's alley was in the very narrow, crowded hallway. x_X
However, perhaps it has improved! Is it worth going to now?
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #10263
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Seifer-sama: I live on the East Coast (Canada), so Anime North is my main convention every year! If you do come, I'd be happy to say hello~! I'm hosting the Zelda photoshoot this year, and will probably do it again next year. Thank you so much for the info on the conventions too, it was helpful! I have family in California, so I'm hoping to be able to go~

Chikkijet: There's two large conventions in Toronto, Anime North is at the end of May, and Fan Expo in August. AN is run by fans, and is more geared towards cosplayers, panels, events, etc. While Fan Expo is run by Hobbystar, so they cater to celebrities and a huge dealer's room! Expo is also multi-geared with Sci-Fi, Comics, Horror, Anime & Games. There's also several smaller conventions/events almost every month in the year. Anime North has about 28 000 (there's a cap), and Fan Expo is ridiculous at around 80 000+ (don't wear big costumes...)

Nandra: Alright, I can't fight that logic, haha. I'm hoping to find some friends to come with, so hotel cost isn't so bad. One day!

Edit: I might as well add this now~ I was hoping to get more done, but might not until next week cause I'm fiddling with the breastplate still. Updates! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3371952/

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)

Last edited by HylianKnight : 04-11-2013 at 09:40 PM.
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #10264
winryrockbell27

@HylianKnight, that is soooo cool! Take lots of pictures so I can hoard them into my favorites. :P
winryrockbell27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #10265
Chikkijet

Nice progress, HK! Lol it does remind me a little of Skeletor... :P

Ugh, a video just surfaced on YouTube of me being interviewed for some Indian tv news. I HAAAATE my accent on video, I sound like Crocodile Dundee! :/

More pics are still cropping up on Instagram, some cool ones of me having a 'battle' with a guy dressed as Predator... I added some to the gallery, too.

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #10266
Seifer-sama

@ Chikkijet: That's the fun part about having an originally inspired design. You can pull elements from all the games if you feel like it. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

@ Nandra: Small world! Yeah so you probably went when they were at that hotel right? Last year was the first year they held it at the Sacramento Convention Center. In my opinion it was much better. The area was less crowded and it seemed like more people actually attended. I personally have a lot of fun there and it seems to be improving each time I go.

@ HylianKnight: Awesome! Well I am hoping I get to go then! I am a little concerned about what costumes I can bring, since they would have to survive the plane ride over there... so we'll see. I really would love to go, so hopefully I will get to see your Hero's Shade in person! Which is looking awesome, by the way!! You are moving along pretty quickly.

Cosplay Update: No photos, but I did work on my SS bracelets. I am currently waiting for them and the resin to dry... I love waiting... No, really I don't, I hate waiting. :P Keep up the awesome progress everyone.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #10267
Chikkijet

I admire anyone who is casting their own accessories. I might have to learn something like that. At least waiting is not so bad for me, since I generalyl work a few days on/off, so if I plan it right, the waiting time is while I am working, so days off equals cosplay making time :P

I've had a few people on FB say that I should cosplay SS Zelda, definitely need ot start it tomorrow. I got distracted today with Skylanders and watching Game of Thrones...

Unread 04-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #10268
allycat6247

So it's going. A friend of mine made me a Triforce belt buckle for Malon (still can't get over how awesome it looks) and I'm going to get the stuff to make the belt this weekend probably. I got the fabric paint for my skirt and shirt a couple of weeks ago. I know I have asked about this before, but I am going to get the ears soon and I want to make sure I get the right ones. I am going to get them through Aradani (there are so many types!). I figure I should go with the large anime elf ears? I was going to ask either those or the legend elf ears, but they stopped selling them. Also, just out of curiosity, do you usually get them painted or unpainted?
allycat6247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #10269
Chikkijet

I actually got the small anime ones, in light, and the size was just right. I know the large or legend ones are more accurate, but it depends I guess on your face shape etc. Pics in gallery if you want to see. Light was enough to add some colour, I put some foundation over the blend as well

Unread 04-15-2013, 03:37 AM   #10270
winryrockbell27

I got mine painted the light skintone. Although they are actually kinda red around the edges, so I just lightly applied some makeup on top of them. It really depends on your skintone, and if your ears are naturally flushed.
winryrockbell27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #10271
Kelley
Devil of Details

@HylianKnight, looking good, I admire your sculpting.

@allycat6247, I think you could use the large ears for her - I'd go by how much volume your wig will have. I haven't ordered my own yet, so I haven't decided on painted or not - but I am thinking I'll go with painted and touch them up if I need to. I'm pretty sure they can still make the Legend ones, though for an extra $10. I just wish there were better pictures to compare - so you could see size in relation to the head, from different angles, and how they stand out. I'm between the "large" and "large anime" ears, myself, I think I'm going to make some in those general sizes out of paper and see how they look when I get my wig.

@Chikkijet, wow, I never would have guessed which ears you had, they look so much better than in the product pictures ! I'll have to consider those now, too. :P

My whole group is doing various Legend of Zelda costumes but none of us match. It started when we were trying to think of costume ideas for my friend, and I suggested Midna. I designed a Superhero Zelda for someone else. I've mostly finished making the pattern for my shirt and hope to sew the main seams this week so I can start the hand-sewing parts over the weekend.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #10272
Chikkijet

Yeah, it seems to be in how they're applied. First day they were flatter against my head. 2nd day I lost my spirit gum, so the onsite makeup artist applied them, which I think is what you see in my profile pic.

Unread 04-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #10273
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
I designed a Superhero Zelda
That is such a cool custom variation Kelly. I am doing my own custom variation on Link too for my cosplay project.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: base patterns done. 5% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #10274
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Thanks everyone, for your kind comments! I really appreciate them! It keeps me motivated, during those down times. You are all awesome~

Seifer-sama: I've heard so many horror stories about props on planes. I used to travel quite a bit when I was younger, and I don't trust anything that isn't bubble wrapped a dozen times. I feel you pain, since a lot of my costumes all have fairly large (or metal) accessories, chainmail, etc. With all the money/planning spent to go, I don't want a to bring a silly closet costume, ya know? I really hope something works out for you, cause it'd be great to see some of your costumes in person too.

Kelley: I really like that super hero Zelda design too, I've never seen anything like that done, so I'm excited to see how it turns out. Best of luck on your sewing too!

Sorry everyone, if my replies are a little lack luster, feeling under the weather lately. I did manage to get the bottom part of my armour done this morning. I think right now, tea is in order.. haha. Progress: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3374090/

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #10275
Seifer-sama

@ Kelley: Love the super hero Zelda!! What color scheme do you think you will go with?

@ HylianKnight: Uhg yeah, that's one of the major issues. With all the money and time spent travelling, it doesn't seem worth it to go to an out of country con and have your simplest cosplay. Honestly, with as bad of luck as I have had with planes, it would still be destroyed. :P I have flown with some of my wonderflex pieces (which I have dropped a thousand times) and the stupid airplane people broke it. How do you break wonderflex??

Your breastplate looks amazing so far! What is it made out of? I also hope you get to feeling better... I know how tough it is to stay motivated when you don't feel well.

Cosplay Update: After a major glue disaster over the weekend, I managed to fix and finish my new SS Zelda wig! Yays! I think that was the most difficult thing I had left on her. I will probably try to pattern the sailcloth next. Keep up the awesome progress everyone.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote