Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 05-07-2003, 03:59 PM   #61
Leona Almasy
Seifer's Harsh Mistress

That's great Makio! Who are you on cast as? ::reminds self to work on costumes, study for exams and finish final english journals:: Hope to see you there.

Anyone else going? XLain? And is anyone interested in doing a group meal sometime during the convention?
Leona Almasy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2003, 04:04 PM   #62
yuffieleonheart

well i am packed with costumes ~_~ lol, but maybe having lunch together would be nice ^_^ i would go for somthing on sat or sunday, since many people will be busy with the ball and all ^_^
Unread 05-07-2003, 07:16 PM   #63
Leona Almasy
Seifer's Harsh Mistress

Yeah, lunch on Sunday maybe? One last get together before leaving, that sort of deal. I'm open to suggestion,so, whatever.
Unread 05-07-2003, 11:16 PM   #64
makio
resident slacker

Summoner Isaaru.

I won't start the costume til' June though... expenses and all.
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 08:05 PM   #65
Raine

I'm definitely going to MetroCon! Weeheee! Much much fun! I'll be there as Rinoa, Ballroom Rinoa(For the FFBall - even though there will probably be a million others), Raine, and maybe even a kimono if I feel up to it. I may get some other costume done in time, but.. I doubt it.
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 11:47 AM   #66
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

Hey, I'm probably going seeing as how Tampa is only 50 min. away and I wouldn't need to spend money on a hotel I'll probably still be Yuna at that time, but I just might be able to get my Sakura-chan from Naruto done by then....Well, I just hope it's going to be fun^.^ Also, about the final fantasy ball, I have emailed one of the head guys about who you could dress up as, (since I was planning to wear an X-2 Yuna outfit) and the guy said that you can't be Yuna, or Rikku from X-2, and that you couldn't portray any major characters from X. But if you wanted to, you could be blitzball players, or side characters. And you could also be anyone (to my knowledge) from any of the other FFs. Hope that helps! See you guys there!

Jessie >^..^<
Jess-Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 07:40 PM   #67
yuffieleonheart

weeeee another yunie!! *glomps* ^_^ i must take piccies with you!o^-^o
Unread 05-10-2003, 06:18 PM   #68
Jess-Jess
~light sweet crude~

I'd love to meet up w/ you! Are you going to be there the whole weekend? We'll all definitally have to get a big pic taken., or something ^.^ Can't wait to see you all there
Jess-Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2003, 09:42 PM   #69
yuffieleonheart

yes i will be there all weekend! ^_^ i'll bring both of my yuna costumes with me ^_^
Unread 05-11-2003, 11:02 AM   #70
Cactuarsama
damn you navi!

Ill be there as hamel and tetsuro........and im wearing an irish dress to ffball and mi making a big yevon flag.......just cuz i feel like it ^ ^
Cactuarsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 11:16 AM   #71
yuffieleonheart

*_* i think i am now gonna try out for the ffball ^^;; wink convinced me to lol
Unread 05-11-2003, 11:23 AM   #72
makio
resident slacker

I wish I knew how to airbrush paint... I'd gladly make flags/banners of all the Blitzball teams.
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 04:34 PM   #73
XLainoftheWired
Sleep is for the weak.

Leona, I'm going, but I havent managed the sleeping aspect of it all. I'm also really behind on costume work for it because of financial situations, but hopefully I can have at least my Haibane wings done by July. But when it comes to sleeping, its looking like I may have to stay in Saint Petersburg and just make my 30 minute was to tampa somehow, probably with another friend of mine. Anyway, yeah, I'm in.
XLainoftheWired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 04:54 PM   #74
Leona Almasy
Seifer's Harsh Mistress

Yay XLain! Sorry to hear about your sleep deprivation. I know how that feels. I'm in the middle of IB exams and don't get to sleep before midnight. Friday morning I had an exma at ten in the morning but stayed up till about four thirty in the morning finishing my final english journals and then got up at six to really finish them. =P But I digress.

On the FFball: you can go as any character from the other games in the series, but not as any of the main characters from X. There should be a cast list of which characters will be on cast on the site. Minor characters from X are all right.

Just a side note. I don't know if this is on the site for Metro Con, but my friend was talking to one of the people in charge, and they said there are to be no fetish items. That means collars, leashes, hand cuffs, etc. I think that's just if it's not part of the costume, but I'm not sure. I'll have to get back on that one.

Anyway, how does everyone feel about trying to do a lunch on the Sunday of the convention? Sort of a farewell lunch type thing. That's all for now.
Unread 05-11-2003, 05:01 PM   #75
yuffieleonheart

i just got casted for the ffball today ^^. sunday sounds nice ^_^ maybe a nice lunch somewere near the hotel ^.^