Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 12-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
josht182002
Renji

Lightbulb bleach (Ikkaku Madarame spoiler costume)

as you can tell by the tittle i plan on doing his bankai costume for momocon next year. i wanted some opinions on the difficulty of wearing such a large costume the back sword will be 7 foot long while the other two are close to that . i did the measurements to the best of my ability. oh and if you have done this specific costume tell me id like to hear your experience so just don't be too harsh.
josht182002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
caelanarcher
Interfacer

Anyway, I think the difficulty depends on how you make the swords, how long you'll be wearing the costume, and where you'll be wearing it. For example, I know at Otakon there's one main hallway that gets pretty narrow (because the escalators cut down through the middle). If your convention has narrow hallways, or tends to get really crowded, I'd say it'll be pretty darn difficult. You can always just do Ikkaku without the swords for most of the day, and bring in the bankai for photoshoots, masquerade, etc.

Also, you are my hero. I love people who cosplay Bleach spoilers, and I *really* love Ikkaku's bankai.

And in case anyone asks... here's a reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:R...3;zukimaru.jpg

Last edited by caelanarcher : 12-12-2006 at 02:12 PM.
caelanarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
Nicepants
Shinigami of pantaloons.

I'm interested in how your getting the middle blade to float...
Nicepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
Nitasha

O.O If you finish it, then PLEASE post pictures. xD At my local sword shop "All Around the World" <or something like that> they actually had Ichigo's bankai, and a Ikkaku's sekai (no Renji unfortunately ;_; ) and they were hopin' to get the licensing to make Ikakku's bankai, so I've been really eager to see it done.

<.< I'd go along with Caelanarcher's suggestion. Wear it outside the convention halls and don't take it into the dealers room (that's for sure!!) =D but wear it for photoshoots. People will definitely see it, if you're worried about not havin' enough spectators n_n.
Nitasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicepants View Post
I'm interested in how your getting the middle blade to float...
I second that! This is a VERY ambishous project. Look forward to seeing and hearing more.
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
LastminIchigo
3rd year Nekocon Staff

A spring board type attachment might be a good try for your sword. It will remove the weight issue, plus you will be able to extend/retract the sword. If you want me to explain how, just pm me. Also just to let you know in advance, this method is difficult, but will give best result, and will be very durable.
LastminIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #7
DigitalLove

i'm going to bump this thread.
i have a plausible idea for the floating axe.

make the chains that connect the axe to the spades supportive from your shoulders up, and the rest all fun n' dangly. obviously, that's a very, very preliminary idea, but it has potential. I WANT TO SEE SOMEONE WORK IT!
Unread 05-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #8
HybridTwist
Here to help

To be honest, I've been thinking of doing BanKai Ikkaku myself, but with school/work and everything else inbetween, I don't I'll ever do this cosplay sadly. But I digress, there are only to ways to go about making the middle one. My first original idea was to have the middle blade rest on your back/shoulders because there would be no other way to keep it up there like that. Now, the idea that I just thought of (and is very incomplete) is to somehow make the chains extremely stiff, stiff enough to support the middle blade. However, I really don't think this second idea will really work and suggest doing the back/shoulder idea.

If you need help on props, PM me and I'll try to help you.
HybridTwist is offline   Reply With Quote