Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-27-2016, 06:45 AM   #1
sennintoad
sage of mountain forest

looking to cosplay Asuka from Tekken

going for a crossplay, and I really REALLY want to cosplay Asuka from Tekken 7. Im going off her new look in fated retribution, but I need a little help.

She has these new clothes, and the shorts seem to be the strangest part to work with. They have these brown belts with buckles as suspenders, and for the life of me i cant find anything close to it with a buckle

Since Im a sucker for detail, I wondered if anyone had seen anything similar?
sennintoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

They look the same as the child sized belts I bought for Cloud's KH1 outfit:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3307531/
They are around the calves and around one thigh.
I bought them at walmart.
Anyway, you might be able to use those but IDK. Another idea is to still use them, but ONLY the buckles. Buy them and cut the buckles out (I've never seen buckles that look like that, that are that small, not already attached to belts that were worth the price, these are like $2 each..). Then buy some vinyl from the fabric store in the right color and sew the buckle on and make them like this:
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...qjn2b.png.html
You would sew the far left end and the far right end onto the waist line of the shorts, then buckle them together like belts.

-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-IF (Hyperdimension neptunia Re;Birth:1)
-Cloud (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Gohan (DBZ SSJ1 Cell Saga beat Up)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 05:36 PM   #3
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

You could probably make them pretty easy; buy belt blanks or purse strapping (look in fabric shops, tandy leather/leatherworking shops, they sell it by the yard if they have it), or brown upholstery vinyl cut into the belt shape/length if you can't find belt blanks, and then you can add the buckles yourself. I can't get a good look at the buckles but either a fabric/craft store or, again, tandy leather (online or store), ought to have something that'll work. They don't look too complex so you should certainly be able to find them in a regular sewing store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote