Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 175 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #5101
VictoriaRosen

"Damn France!"-I was super annoyed while making my France coat so I screamed this a good few hundred times.

"Stupid wind! I just lost my hair!"

"Gotta put my hair back on!"

"Why does my butt hurt so much?"After a day of running around the con dressed as France. Woke up wearing his pants and a tank top and my bottom was in severe pain.
VictoriaRosen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #5102
touchmon
Make All The Things!

"Ha! Take that bug! Hair spray is not only good on wigs but on your kind too!"

There was a bug in my room and I used the bottle of Got2B I used to style my Rin wig on it. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #5103
VictoriaRosen

Another one was
"Can we stop rehearsal now so I can reapply my beard?"
I had to go find out what hotel room was mine so I could reapply my beard for the masquerade. I was cosplaying as France and kept having to run into a Hetalia panel...that was interesting.

Then at Walgreens before the con
To my aunt"Will this bronzer be a good shade for my beard?"

Finally the one I can't believe I said
"I'm selling my lolita so I can afford to cosplay!"
I never thought I would say that because I have wanted to be a lolita longer then I have wanted to cosplay! Most my cosplay money ends up going to lolita!

"Do you have any bras that will make my boobs look bigger?"To the lady at the lingerie store. She did but it made my boobs look smaller.

Mon:Oh your boiling water cool can you add two green tea bags and one black and make me some tea.
Me:Well no this is for my wig
Mom:You better not put hot water on that wig.
Me:*GLances over at the half straightened wig in the sink*It maybe a little to late for that.
Mom*SCREAMING*HOW dare you ruin that wig!
Me:It looked like a hippy.
Mom:*Storms off*
Me:Its not like you know anything about wigs. Who are you to judge me?

Tht wig was an afro almost! I straightened it beautifully and still have not used it because it has odd highlights.

"I wish you could stick straight pins into your head to hold your wig on. Oh wait you can its called bobby pins" I was having a stupid day on Halloween and my Tinkerbell wig is heavy.

Me: Mom can I use my sewing machine?
Mom:No you don't know how to use it so you aren't allowed to learn until I teach you.
Me:But mom you don't know how to use it.
Mom: I'm going to learn
Me:I have had it for almost a year and you haven't learned yet. Its my sewing machine and I am using it. I worked hard for it. The con is in two weeks I must use it now!

A little back story on that one. I had worked for two weekends at and embroidery shop so I could get a sewing machine. They also give me tips whenever I need it. Anyway after getting it my mom refused to let me use it because she thought I would break it. After this conversation I started teaching myself to sew. That was almost a year ago and I am now a pretty good sewer and my machine has not broken at all! Well besides two needles but that happens to everyone!

edit: lol I put "And I am not a good sewer where it is supposed to be now."

Last edited by VictoriaRosen : 11-17-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 11-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #5104
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
@Shimi
I doubt you'll get much result with manic panic. Wigs aren't hair, and hairdye won't do anythign for them. I know manic panic is more paint-like, but it's still intended for hair, not plastic fibres.
Sharpie dye works, and really well (the almighty tutorial for the best way to do it is on the wigs&hair forum here). You just have to do it in a sink you can get dirty, OR, be willing to give the tub/sink a good scrub out afterward. Not to mention, sharpie's way cheaper. A buck or two for each sharpie marker, then a bottle of rubbing alcohol. And a cheap spray bottle if you don't already have one you can designate for dye.

(Really, I find hairdressers absolutely useless for figuring out how to do wigs short of needing to figure out a specific type of cutting technique. Wigs ARE NOT HAIR. They don't typically know anything about synthetic fiber wigs.)
manic panic stains anything from porcelain, to tiles, to laminate flooring, to clothes and even your nails. The longer you leave it on, the more likely it is to stain. Most tutorials that I know say to use a sharpie markers for dying a wig, but I have the dye sitting there. It won't show up in my real hair, but i still wanna test it. My concern is how even the colour would be. So I haven't used it yet. I still need to do the sample test. (my aunt's a colour technician. I trust her on this. She says it should stain the wig no problem, but if I try to use it in my hair, she says it won't show up at all.)

Either way, my mom says I have to use a bucket and do it outside to minimize damages if I do this. I have multiple hair stylists in my family. They dislike my hair most of the time,
(sorry it took so long to post this)

hi.
Shimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #5105
Julesie

Things I never thought I'd say. 'Mum can you buy me some eyeliner so I can cosplay this young aristocratic boy!"

I later, annoyed at the lack of being able to do eyeliner ranted 'I wear more bloody makeup as a boy than I do as a girl in real life'
I hate makeup in real life... >>
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #5106
VictoriaRosen

Oh a couple more
To the boys at school
"Got any ideas on how to make my boobs look like pecs?"

"Dang it none of that is from England?"
happened when I check the mail everyday. Waiting upon cosplay stuff to arrive.

"Mom have you seen my jumper?" For my closet cosplay Yuujiro cosplay I needed my jumper and I couldn't find it so I accidently quoted Ginny Weasely. My moms responce oddly was
"Yes dear its on the couch." She doesn't watch Harry Potter so it was odd
Unread 11-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #5107
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

It has been done before! "BOOYAKA"
Wigs have been dyed with manic panic! (http://www.cosplay.com/archive/index.php/t-248428.html)
^_^ Never thought I'd ever quote Selphie.

hi.
Unread 11-18-2011, 12:37 AM   #5108
Kyuubi-Kun16
America cosplayer 4 life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimi View Post
It has been done before! "BOOYAKA"
Wigs have been dyed with manic panic! (http://www.cosplay.com/archive/index.php/t-248428.html)
^_^ Never thought I'd ever quote Selphie.
Besides that, I have even found a tutorial on DA on how to die wigs with manic panic. Just for later purposes. http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...rials#/d3gm6r8

anyway back on topic:
This is more of what my friend said rather than me.
Friend: I don't think you can pull off Hungary.
Me: ....Why?
Friend: Cause your not like her, or well have her personality.
Me: .....So your saying I can't be a girl, who thought she was a guy, who wields a frying pan for a weapon, and is obbsessed with yaoi?
Friend: ......I'll shut up now.
Me: that's what I thought.
.........Giving you my Tulips
...........Forever teaching you about L'amour

For I am French + Dutch + German + Prussian = AMERICAN
Kyuubi-Kun16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #5109
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuubi-Kun16 View Post
Besides that, I have even found a tutorial on DA on how to die wigs with manic panic. Just for later purposes. http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...rials#/d3gm6r8
Thank you! (I can see that it still stained the sink and his hands though!) I guess I'm still gonna need to use a bucket (and the downstairs sink) to dye it. Otherwise I'll be posting things I never thought my mom would say! lol (or I'd be dead. depends.)

hi.
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:33 AM   #5110
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

My friend had a moment like this today XD. We're practicing for Reborn cosplays...and well....
Me: "...So remember that point in time I was a chem major?"
Friend: "Yeah?"
Me: "Its all coming back to me."
Friend: "Wait, what are you doing? .....GOKUDERA! Get out of the cabinet!"

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #5111
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

"NOOO! I need to be a sociopathic gender confused deity man-daughter so dry you stupid thing!"

Screaming at my Akito Sohma sweater that somehow got left out in the rain.

"I'm a crazy girl who thinks she's a boy and a god and is a boy in the anime...do you think I can keep my chest?"

Again about Akito. My Hatsuharu said the answer was no.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 11-24-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #5112
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaRosen View Post
Snip
Yeah, Idon't get some people who are like NO YOU CAN'T USE THAT, YOU'LL RUIN IT/YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING." Then when you ask them to SHOW you/teach you/do it for you, "I don't know how to use it" or nothing at all.
It made me roll my eyes with a friend of mine; she did her first cosplay last year (Rita Repulsa from Power Rangers). It turned out quite good; but sewing the dress, which was her first time actually sewing anything? All her Mom would say is "You're doing it wrong and you're wasting your time on that stupid stuff". And offer no help of any kind if she was apparently "doing it wrong", or hand over that sewing machine she hadn't used in over a decade. I ended up having to help with anything she needed help with (not that much, but still. How does someone who I have never seen sew a single thing or own a single handmade item claim their daughter is sewing everything wrong and then offer zero help on how to do it right? At least my own Mom would try to help me when she said I was sewing something in a way where it wouldn't work, even if she's only made pretty basic stuff like curtains and my kiddie Halloween costumes).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #5113
Holierthanthou
Haku Strider

At a Synchronized Swimming clinic after the two instructors asked everyone to go wait for them in a small-ish room...

Ky: OMG what's going on what are they doing are they gonna gas us?!
Me: Of course you're asking ME this.
Ky: Well, you WOULD be the expert on these things.
Me: Shut up or I'll send you to Auschwitz XD

I cosplay Germany XD need I say more?

Me: WHY AM I /ALL/ OF THE GERMANS?!
Nee-san: Well, you're the only one who can play the piano, you're the second tallest, as is Germany, and you're "the only one awesome enough to be Prussia." Also, have you LOOKED at yourself? You're, like, the definition of a German.
Me: But now I can't have a German sparkle party oAo
Alish: Suck it up!

"I think I'm gonna cut China and turn him in to Austria."

"DAMMIT, IS HIS HAIR REEEEEAAAAALLY LIGHT BLONDE, SILVER, OR WHITE?!"
Due to the many people reffering to Prussia as an Albino, I went with white.
Holierthanthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #5114
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

"It's always my boobs!!!!!"
First time I started crossplaying, I had no idea how to bind xD
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #5115
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

"DAMN AKITO, WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE JUST LET PEOPLE THINK YOU HAD MAN-BOOBS!"

Fruits Basket cosplay. I was Akito (yes, my black turtleneck finally dried) and I thought since she's actually a girl I could keep my chest, but my Hatsuharu insisted that she was completely flat in the scene where she wears a turtleneck since it was back when we thought she was boy. After going in the bathroom and fighting with two sports bras and a roll of duct tape, I screamed that.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote