Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 259 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #5341
Mademoiselle
Resident Gravity Tester

"Girlycard used Stupify. It's super effective!"

This...I can't even explain what was going on in my head. All I know is that I'd confused my grandmother by wearing a half-made Girlycard hat and then mixed Pokemon, Harry Potter, and Hellsing all into one thought.

Unread 02-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #5342
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

"I swear, I will be a suave bastard and I will be awesome at it!"
PhantomHoodie said I was too nice when I cosplayed Jizabel Disraeli so I said this about when I will cosplay Isaak from Trinity Blood.

Me: "you incompetent worm of a subordinate!"
PhantomHoodie: "Good job!"
Practicing being more bastardy for Isaak. Lucky for me, PhantomHoodie is going to be Dietrich, so I have someone to practice on.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 02-23-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #5343
Chibi_Miyuki

man, why don't I have any extra heads lying around here?!
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #5344
caseroo12
Jaegar Pilot

I don't like coffee, and my brother was mocking me for it. Here is what happend.
Bro: How does it feel to be the only person in our family who doesn't like coffee?
Me: How does it feel to have a sister that wears wigs and dresses up as a man on the weekend????
Needless to say I won that one ;P
caseroo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #5345
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

"I fell off my brother!"
I was being casual Abel from Trinity Blood and I was sitting on my friend who is going to cosplay Cain because we were out of chairs. She stood up and I fell off her lap.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 02-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #5346
Deru-Wisper

"WHY IS MY PINK DRESS SHIRT DAMMIT?! I NEED IT FOR TOMORROW! D:< YOU JERK SPAIN, STOP STEALING MY STUF- Wait, I don't have one. Crap."
Since I've been having issues with my Chibimano cosplay, I plan on going as Casual!Romano from Hetalia to a gathering tomorrow. I started freaking out because I couldn't find 'my' pink dress shirt (Romano wears one in the episode where he and Spain have turtles crawling all over them) and then realized that I never had one in the first place.

Upcoming Cons:
Anime Expo '15
_______
In Progress:
Azami (Kagerou Project) - 90%
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill) - 10%
Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Planned
_______
Instagram - Tumblr - Twitter
Deru-Wisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #5347
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

"I could just hold my boob flat when I try it on."
I was checking thrift stores today for suits or jacket and pants combos for my Tux!Ten but I hadn't bound. I figured it'd be a good way to see if it would fit well enough.

Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #5348
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

" I need to put my blood on!"
I was cosplaying Nightmare from Heart No Kuni No Alice at a cosplay party and since he's always throwing up blood, I had a little fake blood on the corner of my mouth.

"Dietrich! Hold my blood!"
I needed my friend who was cosplaying Dietrich from Trinity Blood to hold the bottle though.

"Just because we're hugging and there are roses does NOT mean we're gay!"
My Dietrich friend's wallpaper on her computer is picture of Isaak and Dietrich, since I'm going to cosplay Isaak eventually and obviously, she will be Dietrich. The picture has Isaak with his arm around Dietrich and there's some epic looking dark roses in the background (It's actually really bad*ss looking) but my other friend keeps saying they look like they're gay. They really don't and that's why I said the above.
...After saying so, I immediately stood up and hugged Dietrich, While we posed epically.

"I threw up again "
While I was being Nightmare, I kept "Throwing up blood" (it was actually Strawberry sno-con syrup and I would spit it in the sink and shout for Alice. She was quite amused.

"I need someone's face to melt...Ritsuka?"
Halfway through the party, I switched to casual Pearce from Witch and Wizard: the Fire. Pearce melts people's faces and I wanted to picture where it looked like I was doing so. The only person I could think to "melt" was our friend who was dressed as Ritsuka from Loveless.

"I swear to Drunk, I'm not the one who is the one!"
While being Pearce and pretending to be drunk on what we called "Dew/Coke Brandy." (It was mountain dew mixed with coca-cola that turned the color of Brandy. We swear, no actual alcohol was involved.) The One who is the One is the dictator Pearce works for.

"Awww, such pretty yaoi!"
I was taking pictures for my Ritsuka friend with her Soubi, and they looked so cute! I just blurted it without thinking, and they both laughed so hard they were crying. XD

"OMG THEY'RE BACK!"
After Being Nightmare and Pearce all day, it felt good to un-bind.

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 02-26-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #5349
playingwithfire

while trying on my mostly finished magnet!Luka dress
mum: you are not taking the train in that you know
Me: Why not? *turns and looks in mirror* oh. I look like a hooker don't I
Mum: yes, you are not even leaving the house in that
Me: so I'll add lace or something at the bottom. lace will fix everything.

"Stop and turn around slowly. Good, now hold still while I look at how your jacket is constructed" this one has become disturbingly commonplace for me

"No,no I totally agree, Harley Quinn would never actually wear spandex. It just doesn't breath"

Probably my favorite from the con this weekend- "Sorry, this is the evil laughter contest, the my little pony panel is just down the hall. You should probably follow Light and L over there."
playingwithfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #5350
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

.... Monkey noises. (yannow, the Ook Ook Aaa AAAAA AA AAA thing)

My boyfriend was helping me find all the pins in my wig so I could get it off... And then I go "geez, it's like you're grooming me for lice or something". Then insert him making monkey noises.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #5351
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

"I'm done stepping on you, Get this thing off my knees!"
I was being Isaak from Trinity Blood for a skit, but since I don't have anything for him, all you saw was my feet when i was supposed to step on our Dietrich. We tied a black Jacket around my knees so when you see my boots, it looks like I'm wearing a long coat. It made it hard to walk though.

"Don't you knock when entering someone's office? I'm plotting World domination!"
While being Isaak (Well...Isaak's voice) for the skit.

"Yes, my office is a closet, take that b*tches!"
Again while as Isaak. Yes, my "office" was a closet because all we needed to see was the door opening from the inside and the actual office was occupied.

"I, Isaak Fernand Von Kampfer, do not date vacuum cleaners! BEGONE!"
My friend kept saying I was dating the vacuum that was taking up space in my "Office" since I had to wait in the closet with the door closed for the skit through several takes.

"Dietrich! Don't hit Charizard in the crotch with an orange!"
I... have no idea where to begin on that one.

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 02-26-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Unread 02-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #5352
Lawyerman

"Sancho Panza, pick up my armor for as a knight of chivalry, I do not need to be bothered by such petty things"
Lawyerman to his friend when bringing the pieces of the dissembled Maximo armor back to the hotel room. Props if you get the reference.
Lawyerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #5353
Cloud_Ninja
Procrastanator Extrodinar

Little Brother: What the hell are you sewing. It's like a emo's rainbow of felt.
Me: I'm making Mini Me's now be gone from my chamber of horrors.
(I was making plushies for a fan-issue of the zine I submit to. I was making Dark Link, Karkat, the Hunter and Umbreon. The really sad thing is my brother onky knew it was fekt because of me ranting at him about different fabrics.)

"Fell mah bucket, fiiiill it" - the zine meeting was taking place in the youth venue's art room, where I'd left several costume things to work on, includong my buckt which needed repainting.

"It's times like this I'm glad I'm kinda weird." - my siblings call my geeky or obsessive moments me being weird, both of which help with making costumes.

"I feel like some sort of photo slut, giving them to anyone that asks." - There are several costume and fabric places that workers have convinced me to show them the finished costume. I said that when I was printing out the pictures to show them.

"Look at me, my body's gone!" - I was trying on a cloak with black lining while wearing shorts and a singlet of the same colour. You couldn't really see those parts of me.

"I don't care if I roast, I can suffer and will just put up with it like the man I'll be." - I realised the way I planned my costumes for cons, I'd be wearing long sleeves or multiple layers in summer.

"Hehe, it's good to be a nerd."

Working On

Companion Cube gijinka - Portal
Red Pyro - Team Fortress 2
Meulin Leijon - Homestuck
Cloud_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #5354
NecroCandy

Mom:What this year? Rabbit, oh what was it called mokonium? No blood this year right?
Me: No blood, no Mokona, I'm going as Amaterasu.
Mom: Who
*shows her a picture*
*Stares at me confused*
-simplifying it for her- I'm going as a very pretty dog....
Followed by my one year old following me saying "puppy" and me having to go yes, mommy's a puppy...

That and at one point my mother looked at me like I had five heads when I yelled at the kitten to stop getting fur all over my fur. I even paused at that one...
NecroCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #5355
Seraphim Nessa
Seraphim Nessa

A conversation between me and my mom.

"another one of your crazy wigs came in." said my mom

"YAY!"

"This is like your third one. Are you okay?" asked my mom.

"No mother I am sick, sick with con fever. The only way to fix it is to complete my costumes."

Something I said...

"I need to look like a man!"

My friends mom gave me really weird looks.

In the car on the way home... drinking a milkshake...

"Hey America?"

"Yeah?"

"I'll be vanilla, if you'd be my chocolate."

"Okay."

"You wanna make a milkshake?"

I was cosplaying England at the time. We were talking about bad pick up lines about a day ago. America has his and England well I am American so guess what... cheesy pick up lines.

When I was little I would never imagine myself saying anything like this and would never have thought I would be perverted in cosplay and in certain points of my life...
Seraphim Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote