Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 259 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #5971
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

"Can you cut my hair to look like his?"

I asked this of a hair cutter at Great Clips, needless to say she was pretty shocked that I wanted to get my hair cut like a males. The rest of the time I sat there awkwardly whiles she was trimming my bangs and had to explain to her what cosplay was. I more or less just ended up telling her 'I attend costume parties. And I'm looking for a challenge this year so I'm going as a guy.'

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #5972
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocle_Complex View Post
"Can you cut my hair to look like his?"

I asked this of a hair cutter at Great Clips, needless to say she was pretty shocked that I wanted to get my hair cut like a males. The rest of the time I sat there awkwardly whiles she was trimming my bangs and had to explain to her what cosplay was. I more or less just ended up telling her 'I attend costume parties. And I'm looking for a challenge this year so I'm going as a guy.'
I get around this by finding a picture of a girl/woman with almost the haircut I want, then describing the differences that make it look boyish. I never mention that it's a guy's haircut. This method has never failed me yet.

"This is my horde. You can use whatever, but it's all mine."
In regards to a friend's comment about me having too many sewing/wigging/cosplay tools.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #5973
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

"Let's see if I can get in/out of this thing without stabbing my boobs,"
Trying on Saphir's jacket to make sure the beads looked ok...while they were still pinned. Ow DX

"You are going to have the sparkliest brother ever!"
Said to my friend who will eventually be cosplaying Dimande. I'm doing the manga version of Saphir, which is WAY sparklier than the anime version. So many more beads.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #5974
Ilafatyu
That guy

"I want 'em close around my hips, then ridiculous poof as they go down."
"I love it when pants don't fall down."

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #5975
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

"Here's hoping I don't sew this to my bra!"

Another part in the saga of sewing beads to Saphir's jacket
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #5976
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

"So I might be painting my cousin green"

I told my cousin that I'm going to cosplay Alan from Sailor Moon. Alan and Ann were two of her favorite characters when she was a kid so my mom told me "ask her to be the other one! be green together!"
Unread 03-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #5977
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

"We need Fuschia and we need it now"

While buying fabric for the lining of Karasu's coat. It's not that bright but "Fuschia" got the point across. Which prompted my friend to respond with "Jeez, I never thought I'd hear you say you needed fuschia for a male character."
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #5978
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
"We need Fuschia and we need it now"

While buying fabric for the lining of Karasu's coat. It's not that bright but "Fuschia" got the point across. Which prompted my friend to respond with "Jeez, I never thought I'd hear you say you needed fuschia for a male character."
I swear most of the characters in YYH have the most ridiculous color schemes. Navy blue and yellow, Yusuke what's goin' on man?

Here's a recent one from today:
"I need snow! I need to take glittery and pretty cosplay pictures!"
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #5979
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

"You are the worst albino ever!"

I was looking up pictures of Koromaru from P3 and he's stated to be an albino dog. HOWEVER he had gray fur along with white. -_- GAHHHH. I need to figure out how to dye the fur in some parts but not in others.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #5980
Cloud_Ninja
Procrastanator Extrodinar

"Nope, not going to happen, not going to run around hilled area in high heels. I like my feet. Butbut pretty costume. No, think of your feet!"

"Yesss, we shall Valve together my precious." - me and a friend are planning on be a Medic and a humanised Companion Cube for the same con, both of which are from Valve games.

"I refuse to take her off until I get home so she can go straight on her head. Stop touching my baby! You'll tangle her!" - what can I say, I get protective of my wigs.

Working On

Companion Cube gijinka - Portal
Red Pyro - Team Fortress 2
Meulin Leijon - Homestuck
Cloud_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #5981
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
I swear most of the characters in YYH have the most ridiculous color schemes. Navy blue and yellow, Yusuke what's goin' on man?
Kurama has a yellow/Navy blue outfit too. And a green one with salmon and yellow on it. And the villains, geez. Itsuki who dresses you? That bright red does NOT match your hair.
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #5982
Khorrupt

"They're out of green tablecloths! Katara is going to be so mad!"

I had an idea for the material Toph's belt is made of, and so I went to the craft store. I talk to myself when I'm cosplay shopping, to make sure I have everything I need and that I'm not buying the wrong thing, and it didn't occur to me that there was a guy standing like three feet from me on the aisle. He just snickered and walked away, but I felt sort of stupid after realizing that that sounded odd outside my head.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #5983
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I never thought I'd ever say...

"I'm really not looking forward to this convention."
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #5984
Ilafatyu
That guy

"My head is all hard now. Touch it."

I styled my hair with my cosplay got2b instead of the usual stuff. It was a lot tougher than I'm used to, but I kind of like it. I might keep using it since it smells good and does the job.

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #5985
ageha09
Ageha09

"time to make a seashell bra!"
ageha09 is offline   Reply With Quote