Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
IenzoRenaNipah

Any awkward convention moments?

Well, I just wanted to know if anybody had any interesting convention moments? Like being tackled or being mistaken for another character?

For me, I got kidnapped at an Ask A Nation panel at AWA 2012 by Russia (Hetalia), and I was cosplaying Latvia. To make it worse, the Russia was a panelist and she couldn't ask for permission to do it!
IenzoRenaNipah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Mine is probably when I dropped all of my bombs while trying to pull out my wallet in the Dealer's Room this year at Anime USA. Whoops O.o
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Tarah-Rex

Well, when I was at PAX this past September, my friend and I were rushing to get to the Gearbox panel meeting and got cornered by a charity solicitor. We told them that we were Canadian and that we couldn't make the charitable contributions in the US, turned to run and got cornered by a homeless person who was trying to convince us that their homeless friend loved our costumes and would compliment us for some change. We were one person away from making the panel meeting, but sadly we were cutoff
Tarah-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Julesie

My awkward moment turned into an awesome moment.

I was cosplaying as Police England and as I stepped into the lift, a woman was in there. She looked at me in surprise, told me she was a police officer (off duty at the time). I mentally freaked out, knowing impersonating the law isn't allowed outside in the streets, but instead she grinned, told me how awesome my outfit was and if she had known I was going to wear it, she'd have given me her jumper.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
SA2R
King of the Skies

The last day of AX this year, I was majorly sleep deprived, and had some problems staying awake even while walking down the hall. While sitting in the lower hallway with my group, a person came over to us and sat down. and begun telling us about something (I don't quite remember) and he gave me a book from his bag, and said "care to make a donation"?
I looked at him, still unsure of what he was talking about, and asked "what are you cosplaying?"
He said "I'm a monk."
I looked at my friends, they were looking at me as if to say "the heck did you just ask that for!?!"
I felt so stupid =n= Yes he was indeed a monk, and he was giving out booklets, and invites to parties and stuff. I told him we were only in town for the weekend. I donated quite a bit though XD I still feel stupid for not realizing what he was XDDDD

Does this count? 8D

Prince Ludwig...........ルードヴィッヒ革命
Takuto Tsunashi...........STAR DRIVER
Haruto...........Valvrave the Liberator
Leddo................Suisei no Gargantia
Red Mist.........................KICK-ASS
Rui....................Gatchaman Crowds
Yukine.............................Noragami
Hoozuki..............Hoozuki no reitetsu
Ringabel...................Bravely default

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA2R View Post
The last day of AX this year, I was majorly sleep deprived, and had some problems staying awake even while walking down the hall. While sitting in the lower hallway with my group, a person came over to us and sat down. and begun telling us about something (I don't quite remember) and he gave me a book from his bag, and said "care to make a donation"?
I looked at him, still unsure of what he was talking about, and asked "what are you cosplaying?"
He said "I'm a monk."
I looked at my friends, they were looking at me as if to say "the heck did you just ask that for!?!"
I felt so stupid =n= Yes he was indeed a monk, and he was giving out booklets, and invites to parties and stuff. I told him we were only in town for the weekend. I donated quite a bit though XD I still feel stupid for not realizing what he was XDDDD

Does this count? 8D
Oh man I ran into those guys too. It was kind of annoying.

Anime Expo 2014
Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
Loveless12

This past otakon on my way back to the con from the harbor area, these two girls asked me where the convention center was. I told them they were going the wrong way, and they followed me. I proceeded to get us lost and almost wound up in the middle of a pitch black street about a mile away from the con center. We eventually found our way back though.

Yeah, I'm a chode.
Loveless12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Levinanth
Pokémon Master

At NYCC, there was this freaking pervert on his hands and knees trying to take a picture up my (admittedly really short) skirt. ;____;

I didn't even notice until some random girl started screaming at him.
Levinanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
ghosgreen

Awkward moments. Hmm umm most awkward moment to date was when I was dressed as Turkey. Heard there was a Hetalia photoshoot/ gathering. So I went and hanged out for a bit. Talked to some old friends and then randomly an Italy cosplayer comes up to me and starts talking to me. I say hi not thinking much of it then next thing I know she asked me if I wanted to play the pocky game. In the span of two seconds so many things were running through my head but the question that kept ringing was what the hell? I had to ask for clarification again. I had heard right. I was just silent and for some reason i said yeah sure....this was a complete stranger by the way. I've never met her before.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote