Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #16
Pretty Sammy
5th Squad Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveknives View Post
Another shoe lesson..

when wearing combat boots make sure to double on socks... I went to ani-magic with short socks thinking they were going to handle all day where... I was Very wrong about that by the time I got back to my hotel I had a bloody toe.. (gross ) but now I know to where 2 pairs of socks... hopefully some one will learn from hurt feet.. lol
So true!!! I wore combat boots for my Seifer. Man did those HURT the first day. Always double/triple up on socks!

Anyway...hmm...

Make your drawstrings on your drawstring pants are good. >.> I kept constantly checking my pants during the con. Make sure the drawstring is strung nice and tight.

Conventions for 2011:
Anime Los Angeles '11
Anime Conji 11'
Fanime '11
Kintoki-Con '11
AM2 '11
San Diego Comic-Con '11

Proud Half of "We're Not Twins Cosplay"

Pretty Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #17
Bagu
absolutely! umm..what?

This embarassing moment happen way before I got into anime cosplay, but I guess it was my first costume cosplay (mid-80s):

Back in the day I used to work for Showbiz Pizza Place. They used to have a concept where the employees dressed up in Pirate costumes.

Being the older employee I got to dress as the Pirate King who tended the soft drink/beer bar near the dining area.

Now once in a while I was tasked to wear the Billy Bob Brockali costume for the kids birthday parties.

In one particular instance I was in the costume carrying the cake to the table, bent down to put said cake on the table, and the Billy Bob head came off my head and bonked the birthday boy.

He wasn't hurt, but it was real embarassing for me.
Bagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #18
Kakashi101
Fangirl with teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
On the subject of picture taking..
Some guy came up to me with his camera asking me something and motioning it towards me, So I step back, hand my stuff to my sister and proceed to get into my pose (one that involved my eyes closed). After a while of standing in the middle of the walkway with my arms out, I notice no flash going off and I hear my sister say " You dummy, He wants you to take a picture of him!" I was just like "Oh!..uh..Ok!" and I took his picture. I felt so stupid.

Lesson: LISTEN to people when they are asking you questions, don't assume they all want a picture of you. -_-;
...omg! I feel emberressed for you! >_< omg!! Ouch man...ouch.
Unread 12-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #19
Arlette
Let it Go

Everything that comes out of my mouth is embarrassing, so I guess being a spazz when I meet anyone at a con for the first time is an embarrassing cosplay moment. ^_^;

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #20
Edge
The Silicon Master

Before my skit of Ichimaru Gin, i told to my friend who went as Ichigo to make the scene of the Episode 22. And i told him his lines and we practique it.
The last minute, i told him add "I'll never forget you for you had made to Rukia" to the "Damm fox-face guy"... was fine until the skit, where i interrupted him during his first line and i quickly remember his line and just shut up X_x
i'm a good Gin, i guess XD
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #21
Bish
:O

Skirt+unstable shoes+stairs= flat on face in a very bad postion.
Thank goodness my friends (and others) were there to help me just laugh it off and walk away with a piece of dignity.

But the most embarrasing moment: Getting hit on by a druken Sasuke cosplayer with my two sisters next to me. >.< Lets just say that Sasuke will never drink again.
Unread 12-26-2006, 10:07 AM   #22
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

An embarrasing moment for me would probably having to tell my friend
who was cosplaying with me as Duo Maxwell that I noticed a stain on
her behind. She went to the bathroom and found out it was her *time
of the month* luckily I carried pads/napkins at the time this all happened.
Usachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #23
AlphaNinn
I am me?

I'm embarassed to have worn my Kagero (and I use that name loosely, the costume was so bad) outfit. I'm surprised that the negative reaction I got to it didn't turn me off from cosplaying.

In my green renn faire dress, I couldn't wear a normal bra with it due to the sleeves, and I couldn't find a strapless one in time, so I just kind of loosely bound myself. Well, I'm posing for a photo, and I fall out of my binding, and when I try to fix it in a seeminly out of the way area, I realize I had been flashing children's pony rides... >_<

I know I've had more, but darned if I can remember them at the moment.
Unread 12-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #24
crimson sky
Aikyo

Cheap JoAnns PVC. The fabric couldn't take the strain and ripped right up the crotch seam and up the back. Garden Kyo is retired for a reason.

Then there's the whole binding slipping down. Of course once it's down you can't pull it back up (I used duct tape over cloth) and it's really just akward.

At another point I was really hot and I unzipped my top. I posed for a picture like that thinking it was closed enough to cover my sports tape binding. No such luck, I found out when I got online XD

I lost a lot of weight after I did my Paine costume, which was my first, so it had been too large to begin with. But I just stitched the top of the skirt tighter when I wore it again. That was a mistake, the threa couldn't take it and it burst. Fortunately I grabbed it before it fell down, but it was still embarassing. And thank god for emergency sewing kits. That costume caused quite a few embarassments due to falling apart.
crimson sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #25
anime_grl

mine's honestly not that bad.. i haven't been cosplaying officially for very long so there really haven't been many moments BUT at youmacon this year i was waiting in line so i decided to sit against the wall and practice my ocarena. two guys walked by a few minutes later and one of them said "your playing sucks!... but i like your costume!" and he kinda gave me a strange smile. once they all ready passed I mentioned that someone finally recognized me (zastune miku) BUT then my boyfriend pointed out that he was probably referring to the way i was sitting. knees together but feet apart with a skirt on! HE TOTALLY SAW MY UNDERWEAR!! OTHER PEOPLE PROBABLY DID TOO!!!!

LOL sorry that was so long for just a mildly embarrassing moment!!
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #26
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I've had a couple mild ones, nothing extremely embarrassing though. These were all at the same con.
1. I was walking up a grassy hill in 6" heels, and my heels kept sinking in the grass xD. A nice cosplayer offered to carry me over the hill on her back, since I'm very small. We got down the hill when all of a sudden, a large gust of wind blows us over and I tumble into a tree. I laughed about it, but there were a LOT of people there and it was a bit embarrassing.
2. I cosplayed as Ciel at my last con and I met up with these other people. One of them tried to pick me up, without letting me know first. I squeaked and flailed and ended up falling out of her arms.
3. I lost my heels. One of my group-mates wanted to try walking in them while I rested my feet. When out of nowhere, my fellow Ciel group-mate decided we should go for a walk. Off we went into the dark park while our group-mates chattered behind us. We went across the street into Home Depot and realized--That I didn't have my shoes, nor was the group-mate that borrowed them behind us. We shrugged it off, thinking that she'll be there when we get back. Well, she wasn't. So there I was, shoeless. We went back inside and I got yelled at for not having shoes on inside. I explained my situation but I had to go back into my hotel and grab shoes or I couldn't come back in. Unfortunately, the only ones I had were flip-flops and I have so many layers of socks on I couldn't really take them off. xD It was rather embarrassing having to walk around with my shoes not matching until I found her.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #27
IenzoRenaNipah

I was at AWA 2012 in the Hetalia Ask-A-Nation panel, well, standing in line to ask a question. And I was cosplaying as Latvia (A male, so I was binding.) and I was talking to one man with a yaoi necklace on with some other girls and boys. He asked me which I liked more, yaoi or yuri.

Me: "Hmm. I love both of them a lot!" *slight pelvic thrust*

Some of the other cosplayers were confused about my gender, and they made me turn to the side (so they could see if I had any breasts), and since I was binding, they couldn't see it. And then they were going ga-ga (thinking I was male), and one started touching my chest. >/////< "I'M A GIRL!" I screamed, freaking out a Lithuania. (Heh. The Lithuania felt for me. He was mistaken for a girl since Lithuania has shoulder-length hair.)

Let's just say, always tell somebody what gender you are if they wonder. If not..... *shudder*
IenzoRenaNipah is offline   Reply With Quote