Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Matsuri

Unread 09-14-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
himura.sama

Anime Matsuri?

I noticed a place for Oni-Con, what about Anime Matsuri? Course it wasn't planned as well, and was hardly anything to write home about, but I LOVED it. Then again, I was the only Kenshin and had a handful of fangirls :3
himura.sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively

I'll probably be going,2 hours for a con seems to be a bit of a stretch though.
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
PatrickD
As seen in Dramacon vol 2

"wasn't planned as well" is right. They invited me down to run Anime Unscripted (formerly "Whose Line is it Anime") and some panels for them. I was even listed on the schedule. However, I e-mailed questions to them 2 months before the con that they never replied to. Repeated attempts to e-mail anyone I could got no reply.

...so even though I had requested time off from work and everything, I never actually made it down to Houston. As far as I know Whose Line stayed on the schedule at the con (it was still on the online schedule) and nobody was there to run it.

A lot of the post-con reports I read seemed to confirm the thoughts that the convention was very disorganized...even for a first year event. I'm honestly surprised they're doing to attempt a second year.
Use AnimeCons.com and the AnimeCons.com Forums to find anime cons near you!
PatrickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
Proz
San Japan - Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickD View Post

A lot of the post-con reports I read seemed to confirm the thoughts that the convention was very disorganized...even for a first year event. I'm honestly surprised they're doing to attempt a second year.
They are moving to a new facility and revamping a lot of their staff. They are bringing on some on some people who I know have a good work ethic. People can be forgiving so the ones coming back either did have a good time or giving AM a 2nd chance. I plan to attend to see how it goes this time.

Twitter - Youtube - Facebook - Tumblr
Proz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
skypirate
There are four lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickD View Post
"wasn't planned as well" is right. They invited me down to run Anime Unscripted (formerly "Whose Line is it Anime") and some panels for them. I was even listed on the schedule. However, I e-mailed questions to them 2 months before the con that they never replied to. Repeated attempts to e-mail anyone I could got no reply.

...so even though I had requested time off from work and everything, I never actually made it down to Houston. As far as I know Whose Line stayed on the schedule at the con (it was still on the online schedule) and nobody was there to run it.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your experience. Personally, I found their communications prompt and thorough.

My worst experience about last year was getting out of Houston. There was some sort of downtown event on Sunday, that had blocked off a number of roads used in my Google directions home. So, it took a few more minutes to get home. Pretty trivial stuff that I certainly don't blame Anime Matsuri for.

The new hotel looks like a tremendous improvement for cosplay photography. The hotel appears to be $10 cheaper and the parking is free this year. Location is great with a lot of necessities near by, such as a mall across the street, a Target within a mile, and plenty of places to eat.

I'm already set to return this year and looking forward to it.

Last edited by skypirate : 11-27-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: grammar
skypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
benihime
Kimono Queen

i may able to make it! it depends on if i can save for Akon and AX though O:

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK