Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 12-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Tsubasa/xxxHolic/CLAMP photoshoot

Anybody interested? There's a thread about it on the SC forums, but I figured I'd post here as well to see if we can recruit more people. Looks like we currently we have a few Tusbasa peps, including an Oto group, and a Yuuko and Watanuki from xxxHolic.

Personally, I'll be there as Yuuko and our Watanuki is planning on bringing some homemade bentou!

No time/date yet. Will probably be set once it gets a bit closer to con time. We're hoping to hold the shoot at the park that's attached to the convention center, weather permitting.

EDIT: We will be meeting on Sat. at 10 in the courtyard by registration for the photoshoot and then taking pics around the park. It should last until about noon including time for lunch and costume changes.

Last edited by mixaka : 01-27-2007 at 11:27 PM. Reason: adding time/date of photoshoot
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Raezyn101

This is an awesome idea. I'd love to join, but frankly..I don't have any CLAMP cosplay....Which now makes me want to go commission/make one...
Ahh..Why must CLAMP have amazing outfits that suck you in?

Good luck finding people, though!
Raezyn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Yay! Thanks for making the thread, lilypad! I'll definitely be there, of course; doing Sakura's kimono-version waitress outfit from Oto, along with Oto-versions of Syaoran, Fai, and Kurogane. Also doing Shura-version Sakura, in the flame kimono, with Shura-version Syaoran, so hopefully the shoot will last long enough to allow for the change of outfits. Perhaps we can meet before lunch, do some photos, then allow people to go change if they'd like (or leave if need be) and do some more photos. Just a thought!

AE/Kumori Con
Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke); Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Autumn '08/Aki Con
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2); Shura!Sakura, Jade!Syaoran (Tsubasa: RC); Kokon (Kon Kon Kokon)
Kumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #4
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

Wow!! it sounds like fun, I wish there had been one for Sakura Con in 06
so I could had worn my Chi, but than I didn't have much of a cosplay to
do than. But hey! it's a great idea and it sounds to me lilypad you will get
some people who are more than delighted. Hopefully we meet up along the
way if I should be able to go(I'll know by the end of January or not) and if
so, don't forget to ask for my picture as Super Sailor Moon and I'll have a
certain friend of mine as well go as Sailor Saturn. Anyway have fun and all.
Usachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #5
Raezyn101

Ahh. Mark that. I'll be able to go as female Syaoran for the photoshoot if needed? ^.^
-goes to search for a wig-
Unread 12-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumi-chan View Post
Yay! Thanks for making the thread, lilypad! I'll definitely be there, of course; doing Sakura's kimono-version waitress outfit from Oto, along with Oto-versions of Syaoran, Fai, and Kurogane. Also doing Shura-version Sakura, in the flame kimono, with Shura-version Syaoran, so hopefully the shoot will last long enough to allow for the change of outfits. Perhaps we can meet before lunch, do some photos, then allow people to go change if they'd like (or leave if need be) and do some more photos. Just a thought!
Sounds like a good plan to me. And, so everyone knows, Kumi-chan is the official organizer of this little get together, so what she says goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usachan View Post
Wow!! it sounds like fun, I wish there had been one for Sakura Con in 06
so I could had worn my Chi, but than I didn't have much of a cosplay to
do than. But hey! it's a great idea and it sounds to me lilypad you will get
some people who are more than delighted. Hopefully we meet up along the
way if I should be able to go(I'll know by the end of January or not) and if
so, don't forget to ask for my picture as Super Sailor Moon and I'll have a
certain friend of mine as well go as Sailor Saturn. Anyway have fun and all.
Usachan - definitely let me know if you'll be able to make it so we can meet up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raezyn101 View Post
Ahh. Mark that. I'll be able to go as female Syaoran for the photoshoot if needed? ^.^
-goes to search for a wig-
The more the merrier, ne? It's nice to see you couldn't resist doing the CLAMP cosplay after all! I will say, doing CLAMP cosplay can be very addictive.
Unread 12-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #7
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad114 View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me. And, so everyone knows, Kumi-chan is the official organizer of this little get together, so what she says goes.
That's right! I'm in charge! *distracted by ball of sparkly yarn* Ooh, pretty!

Really, it's always more fun to do this kind of thing as a group. And CLAMP cosplay is so popular...why not gather everyone together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad114 View Post
The more the merrier, ne? It's nice to see you couldn't resist doing the CLAMP cosplay after all! I will say, doing CLAMP cosplay can be very addictive.
Heck yeah! Watching Cardcaptor Sakura or flipping through the story arcs of Tsubasa is like going through a catalog: "I want that, I want that, I want that...ooh, and the shoes from that one!" And don't even get me started on Chobits...I think the whole point of that series is to dress the adorable-yet-vacant-eyed android chick up in as many cute outfits as possible. (Yes, I love Chobits to death, manga and anime. Yes, I do want my own persacom, albeit an equally adorable-yet-vacant-eyed pretty boy.)

AE/Kumori Con

Autumn '08/Aki Con
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2); Shura!Sakura, Jade!Syaoran (Tsubasa: RC); Kokon (Kon Kon Kokon)

Last edited by Kumi-chan : 12-27-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Unread 12-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #8
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

Originally Posted by lilypad114 Usachan - definitely let me know if you'll
be able to make it so we can meet up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

You do that! I will do my best!! You'll find me most likely with Sailor Saturn,
if anything. I shall know more about whether or not at the end of January.
Usachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
kei_urashima
Mr. Roflcopter

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, first post of the new year on the topic XD.

Just thought I'd chime in, I'm going to be Kumi-Chan's Oto (Both school uniform and waiter outfit versions) and Shura Syaoran. Considering I've only been to one con before and I only wore one costume there, having three changes in one day (and probably a few hours at that) will be difficult. Looks like I'll have to find some way to both carry (Flying in from New York) and quickly change in and out of outfits, although my job will be a lot easier since I'll be the same character.
kei_urashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Kei ~ I'm totally in the same boat as you! This will be my second con ever and the first time I'm wearing more that one costume. Though, I plan on wearing one per day, so no 3 changes in one day for me! But they are all different characters and I have a different wig for each one. Let's just say my suitcase is looking mighty small right now......I wonder how the airlines would feel about me wearing a wig on to the plane?
Unread 01-01-2007, 08:19 PM   #11
Raezyn101

Hehe. Yay! I'm not the only one in this group. This is also my second Con. I'm sort of nervous. The other one was really small..but this time I have someone with me. (Who decided she doesn't know anyone from CLAMP books and wants to run around as Edo and Train Heartnet instead while I run around in Syaoran & all my others.)
At the moment I only have 3 to worry about..so one per day..Unless I wear Syaoran only for the get together(not sure yet).
I want to wear my cosplay(Sora w/wig) on the plane. xD I wonder what kind of looks we'd get...Sora and Edo. ^.^;
Unread 01-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #12
kei_urashima
Mr. Roflcopter

I've worn my Syaoran costume across the border going into Canada from NY and nobody said anything too terrible (Except the "Obviously" response when we said that we were coming from an anime convention in Toronto). It was so darn comfortable I didn't want to take it off...
I'm halfway tempted to wear one of my costumes on the plane so when I get off I can embarrass my former college roommate (who is picking me up at the airport :P)
Unread 01-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #13
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Go for it! Public cosplay is awesome! As long as it's not too outlandish...it's when you start wearing kitty ears and tails to the library or toting around your vastly oversized sword on the street that it gets to be a problem. Neither of which you could have as a carry-on these days anyway (you might use the wire from the tail as a weapon, after all).

I'd say you could definitely get away with at least the Oto version of Syaoran on the plane...both the school uniform and the waiter outfit aren't too crazy. Besides, you wouldn't want to wear that lovely white kimono on the dirty old plane, would you?

As for packing...folding the pieces of the outfit neatly and then rolling them up takes up a lot less space in your baggage. And if you do it carefully, you can avoid wrinkles (it's still a good idea to iron before wearing though, of course; they should have one in your hotel room).

I'm kind of wondering myself how I'm going to transport everything myself. With the costumes from my collection I'm bringing for other people, I'm probably up to ten. The clothes themselves aren't so much a problem...it's the four huge swords, three breastplates, and various pieces of armor I'm bringing for my Magic Knight Rayearth group, plus the bonburi and sword for my Shampoo and staff for Nami. I'm not sure how they're all going to fit in my little Hyundai Accent, along with food for four days and the rest of my luggage. I may need to make a couple of trips (I'm about 40 minutes north of downtown Seattle) or enlist the help of one of my roommates' cars.

AE/Kumori Con

Autumn '08/Aki Con
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #14
Raezyn101

My friend wears cat ears 24/7..Including school...Anyways!
I don't think they honestly *can* mind cosplay on planes...Unless it's like...Armor!Alphonse. xD
In all truths, they are just clothing items. May be different, but they can't stop someone wearing EGL and say, "You with the frilly outfit! Off this plane!"
At least...I don't think so..Not unless it can cause harm. -buys cat tail from store and pules out wire- On gaurd!

I have no idea how I'm transporting all of mine. We may only have one suitcase for both of us(My father/his fiance are flying in to meet us) and even though it's pretty big..I have no idea how to bring my Sora and Syaoran wigs....Anyone have any ideas for the wigs?
I already know I'm going to the laundry mat for those plastic suit/clothing covers for our cosplays...
Unread 01-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #15
kei_urashima
Mr. Roflcopter

I transported my Syaoran wig in a small box on a wig head when I flew down to Orlando this past year. I then shook it out when I got there (since his hair is pretty messy anyways) and I was ready to go.

Sora...well...you're on your own there. I would say that method should work as well. Just get a fairly large suitcase (But not so big that the airline won't accept it, make sure to check their website beforehand).

Kumi-chan, you need to wear one of your Sakura cosplays to dinner, otherwise my Syaoran cosplay won't make sense :P. Which one would you wear? It'd be funny to wear the Oto ones and run around serving random people food, although we'd probably be kicked out . You can't believe how careful I was when I wore my Syaoran costume to Swiss Chalet in Canada on the way back from the convention. I was like..."Uhhhh, barbeque sauce...stay off the white pants...I'm warning you"

And with that, I need to go to the bed XD.

Last edited by kei_urashima : 01-04-2007 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Forgot a quotation mark XD