Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MegaCon

Unread 12-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
mizuhaki

Masquerade/ Skit?

Ok, so based on what I've seen/ heard, MegaCon doesn't have any sort of skit or masquerade contest? Just making sure, because I have a FMA skit that I have been prolonging for a while. ^_^;;
mizuhaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
SecretGeisha
bets he showers naked!

in the past i recall that they had a cosplay skit contest. but im not sure abotu this year. seems the only thing theyre doing costume wise is the costume contest. oO
+ + +
the list: tinkerbell; kh2 riku; orig.halloweentown riku; count d; sumomo; inuyasha; human inuyasha; riku pjs; chrno; romanhikou aya
SecretGeisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I believe every year, you can either enter for craftsmanship only or do a short skit, nothing over a minute. But if you go to Anime Sushi's website, they have rules posted there. It's not really a con that you see too many skits at, since the time limit is set for such a short amount and doesn't really give you much room for performance (keeping it short and sweet). I'm not sure if JACON is doing a separate skit contest this year or not, either.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
Lucifer

Megacon doesn't have a skit contest. You -can- do a skit, but you only have a minute, and it won't be judged. Its preferred you just do a walk on and off.

Jacon has not had much demand for skits (last year they allowed for people do to a skit if the wanted, only two out of 100 contestants did one). Chances are it'll remain a costume contest only, like Megacon.

The only cons that have skit contests, are Metro and AFO. Metrocon has it a standard format, with everyone doing a skit, judging, and the awards. AFO has a different system, where you do your skit and the judges will flash numbers as to their rating (like the Olympics style). Its a bit faster and more for the entertainment factor of the judges reactions, than really the skits themselves.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
mizuhaki

Aw thanks everybody for answering ^-^ I guess I'll have to wait next year to do my skit them. I think it's a little over a minute, unless I can condense it..
Unread 12-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Well I see you are going to Anime Express, and you can do a skit there, as well. Just a few cons around here have decided due to lack of entries, that it was best to just do craftsmanship judging.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
mizuhaki

Haha, by then we will have perfected the skit. =^w^= It'll also give us plenty of time to prerecord. Thanks!